Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

mike23md's first rounder....more rounds to follow
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2014 NFL Mock Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
mike23md


Joined: 21 Jan 2007
Posts: 7614
PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:23 am    Post subject: mike23md's first rounder....more rounds to follow Reply with quote

ROUND ONE

1. Kansas City Chiefs: Luke Joeckel OT, Texas A&M

2. Jacksonville Jaguars: Geno Smith QB, West Virginia

3. Oakland Raiders: Sharrif Floyd, DT, Florida

4. Philadelphia Eagles: Dee Milliner, CB, Alabama

5. Detroit Lions: Eric Fisher OT, Central Michigan

6. Cleveland Browns: Dion Jordan, OLB, Oregon

7. Arizona Cardinals: Chance Warmack, OG, Alabama

8. Buffalo Bills: Star Lotulelei, DT, Utah

9. New York Jets: Barkevious Mingo DE/OLB, LSU

10. Tennessee Titans: Ezekial Ansah, DE, BYU

11. San Diego Chargers: Lane Johnson OT, Oklahoma

12. Miami Dolphins: Desmond Trufant, CB, Washington

13. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Xavier Rhodes, CB, Florida State

14. Carolina Panthers: Cordarelle Patterson, WR, Tennessee

15. New Orleans Saints: Jonathan Hankins, NT, Ohio State

16. St. Louis Rams: Sheldon Richardson, DT, Mizzou

17. Pittsburgh Steelers: Jarvis Jones, OLB, Georgia

18. Dallas Cowboys: Kenny Vaccaro, S, Texas

19. New York Giants: Bjeorn Werner, DE, Florida State

20. Chicago Bears: Jonathan Cooper, OG, North Carolina

21. Cincinnati Bengals: Matt Elam, SS, Florida

22. St. Louis Rams (via Washington): Keenan Allen, WR, California

23. Minnesota Vikings: DeAndre Hopkins WR, Clemson

24. Indianapolis Colts: Larry Warford, OG, Kentucky

25. Minnesota Vikings (via Seattle): Sylvester Williams, DT, North Carolina

26. Green Bay Packers: Jonathan Cyprien, S, Florida International

27. Houston Texans: Jesse Williams, NT, Alabama

28. Denver Broncos: Manti Te'o, MLB, Notre Dame

29. New England Patriots: Tavon Austin, WR, West Virginia

30. Atlanta Falcons: Datone Jones, DE, UCLA

31. San Francisco 49ers: Justin Hunter, WR, Tennessee

32. Baltimore Ravens: Alex Okafor, OLB, Texas

Thoughts?
_________________

2014 FFMD Redskins Assistant to the General Manager
2014 NFL Mock Draft
REDSKINS WAR ROOM


Last edited by mike23md on Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ochocinco4pres


Joined: 04 Apr 2007
Posts: 22843
Location: Indianapolis Indiana
PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok Bengals pick
_________________


Big thanks to kacymcbryant18 for the sig....^^
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Iceman88


Joined: 27 Jan 2009
Posts: 8274
Location: Lancaster, PA
PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Horrible pick for the Titans....Ansah would be a much better pick
_________________

Props to Kempes ^
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mike23md


Joined: 21 Jan 2007
Posts: 7614
PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iceman88 wrote:
Horrible pick for the Titans....Ansah would be a much better pick


Really, I was under the assumption that the DE's are pretty good for the Titans but that they lack the interior presence to be any good.

And Alteraun Verner is garbage. Trufant would be a huge upgrade over him. Interesting how you think that adding Trufant would be horrible.
_________________

2014 FFMD Redskins Assistant to the General Manager
2014 NFL Mock Draft
REDSKINS WAR ROOM
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
The Gnat


Moderator
Joined: 23 Feb 2005
Posts: 35353
Location: Minneapolis
PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Solid Vikings draft, I like both players, I do t hink there is a very good shot Te'o will be one of the picks though.
_________________
Gnat's Movie Reviews

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
EccentricFan


Joined: 05 Jun 2012
Posts: 879
PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly, I can't see the Bills taking Star at 8. There's simply too many holes to spend the first round pick what's probably their strongest position on the roster. It's not even as if Star is just head and shoulders above other picks they could make.

There's a lot of quality players left on Defense, Jarvis Jones, Werner, Ansah, Mingo, and Rhodes. They'd also have their pick at WR. I'm highly confident they'd be high enough on at least one of those players that Buddy Nix would select them over Star.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DreamEater53


Joined: 25 Feb 2013
Posts: 316
PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't complain about a Vaccaro pick. Fills a position of need in a new defense where safeties are even more important, not to mention his leadership skills the Cowboys will desperately need in a long term starter and he's home grown from Texas.

My only problem here, is there have been reports that the coaches believe that the safeties starters for 2013 are already on the roster, implying Matt Johnson and Barry Church. Though, this may be a smokescreen in hopes to get Vaccaro of course.

When you add the next few rounds, I'd make sure to grab an OG and a 3Tech
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
1BackInBlackFan


Joined: 29 Mar 2010
Posts: 6667
Location: Because it's the Cup, PA (get well Mal)
PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Terrific Steelers pick.
_________________


Many thanks to UniversalAuthor on the #87 Sid's sig!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
FalconFan13


Joined: 06 Jan 2007
Posts: 9429
PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a big fan of Datone Jones really. I think he would be a good 2nd round pick but don't see him as a 1st round quality guy.

Would rather take Arthur brown there easily he has more talent at his position than Jones does.

Then go into te 2nd and look at people like Tank Carradine, Jamie Collins, Datone Jones, Margus Hunt, John Simon etc... where their value is better at.

To me theirs no reason to reach on a position just because ya need it on lesser talent when you have other needs just as much with better talent.
_________________
2010 and 2013
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ttitansfan4life


Joined: 30 Dec 2009
Posts: 23316
Location: Delaware
PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mike23md wrote:
Iceman88 wrote:
Horrible pick for the Titans....Ansah would be a much better pick


Really, I was under the assumption that the DE's are pretty good for the Titans but that they lack the interior presence to be any good.

And Alteraun Verner is garbage. Trufant would be a huge upgrade over him. Interesting how you think that adding Trufant would be horrible.


Actually your wrong. Verner is far from garbage. He's a borderline top 25 CB. Actually him and McCourty are a very good duo. The problem was the interior pass-rush and the safeties last year. We have a solid group of DE's but our depth is horrible. Nothing wrong with drafting Ansah and letting him be a backup his first year to continue to develop. He'll get a lot of PT all over the D-Line. Trufant is a horrible pick. He's overrated and that's a huge reach. CB isn't that high of a need.
_________________
Adopt-A-Titan:
Chance Warmack
Karl Klug
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
mike23md


Joined: 21 Jan 2007
Posts: 7614
PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:
mike23md wrote:
Iceman88 wrote:
Horrible pick for the Titans....Ansah would be a much better pick


Really, I was under the assumption that the DE's are pretty good for the Titans but that they lack the interior presence to be any good.

And Alteraun Verner is garbage. Trufant would be a huge upgrade over him. Interesting how you think that adding Trufant would be horrible.


Actually your wrong. Verner is far from garbage. He's a borderline top 25 CB. Actually him and McCourty are a very good duo. The problem was the interior pass-rush and the safeties last year. We have a solid group of DE's but our depth is horrible. Nothing wrong with drafting Ansah and letting him be a backup his first year to continue to develop. He'll get a lot of PT all over the D-Line. Trufant is a horrible pick. He's overrated and that's a huge reach. CB isn't that high of a need.


I disagree with you on 2 pts: Alteraun Verner is not that good. And Desmond Trufant is not overrated. But its ok to disagree. Changed it for you.
_________________

2014 FFMD Redskins Assistant to the General Manager
2014 NFL Mock Draft
REDSKINS WAR ROOM
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Iceman88


Joined: 27 Jan 2009
Posts: 8274
Location: Lancaster, PA
PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mike23md wrote:
ttitansfan4life wrote:
mike23md wrote:
Iceman88 wrote:
Horrible pick for the Titans....Ansah would be a much better pick


Really, I was under the assumption that the DE's are pretty good for the Titans but that they lack the interior presence to be any good.

And Alteraun Verner is garbage. Trufant would be a huge upgrade over him. Interesting how you think that adding Trufant would be horrible.


Actually your wrong. Verner is far from garbage. He's a borderline top 25 CB. Actually him and McCourty are a very good duo. The problem was the interior pass-rush and the safeties last year. We have a solid group of DE's but our depth is horrible. Nothing wrong with drafting Ansah and letting him be a backup his first year to continue to develop. He'll get a lot of PT all over the D-Line. Trufant is a horrible pick. He's overrated and that's a huge reach. CB isn't that high of a need.


I disagree with you on 2 pts: Alteraun Verner is not that good. And Desmond Trufant is not overrated. But its ok to disagree. Changed it for you.


Verner is a very good corner, he is even better in the slot but we dont need to move him there. And for DE all we have is Wimbley and Morgan and nothing behind them.
_________________

Props to Kempes ^
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Wr80


Joined: 27 Dec 2011
Posts: 488
PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't deny Richardson but at 16 you have to take Vaccaro. We have no safeties... Granted that is still better than Dahl but adding Vaccaro would be much better to our defense.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
theindianstud12


Joined: 02 Feb 2009
Posts: 1929
Location: Chicago
PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love Cooper
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mike23md


Joined: 21 Jan 2007
Posts: 7614
PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wr80 wrote:
I can't deny Richardson but at 16 you have to take Vaccaro. We have no safeties... Granted that is still better than Dahl but adding Vaccaro would be much better to our defense.


I hear you. But as far as value there. Richardson is the better prospect that makes sense.

Keenan Allen may not make complete sense, and that I can change.
_________________

2014 FFMD Redskins Assistant to the General Manager
2014 NFL Mock Draft
REDSKINS WAR ROOM
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2014 NFL Mock Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group