Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

SLF's 1st jersey mock of the year! 2 rounds
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SadLionFan00

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:34 pm    Post subject: Re: SLF's 1st jersey mock of the year! 2 rounds Reply with quote

Neutral wrote:
SadLionFan00 wrote:
My attempt here is to make a mock on what I think will happen in April.

Last year there were two elite guard prospects that ended up being taken #24 and #27. I'm not sure that Warmack and Cooper are quite on the same level, but let's make that assumption. This seems to be another year in a trend where guards (and centers) are not taken in the top-15. Yet, you have the top two guards going #8 and #11. What makes this year so different from previous drafts?

The difference is the weakness of this draft. I think that is pretty obvious. I would normally never mock a guard in the top 20, let alone two in the top 11, but this draft is most certainly the exception.
Get him to fling poo more accurately and make better decisions when flinging it?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
SadLionFan00

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
Love the trade with Vikings. I made a similar trade in a mock I did in the Jets forum recently.

I literally vomited when I saw Nassib. Fourth round prospect at best. Give us Cyprien there. We currently have zero starting safeties.

Hopkins is fine. I don't like Damontre Moore, but it's fine value in the second round. I would easily prefer Jamie Collins though.

You may not like Nassib, but NFL teams seem to. Many scouts have him rated as a solid 2nd round pick, which means he will likely go in the 1st round.

I dont watch film on prospects, I go by what scouts say, and then I look at trends from the past draft to make my decisions.
Get him to fling poo more accurately and make better decisions when flinging it?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
SadLionFan00

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AQuintus wrote:
So basically, Minnesota decides to make a ridiculously bad trade moving up in one of the least top heavy drafts in a long time, and then decides to just not have a 2nd round pick?

Whoops Laughing my bad. Forgot that 2nd rounder, somehow. Use your imagination for that one Wink

And its not a ridiculously bad trade.

EDIT: Actually, saw that was a 4th they gave up. Should have been a 5th. My bad, again. Still, not a ridiculously bad trade. I understand fans dont like their team to trade their two 1st round picks, but it happens.

Last edited by SadLionFan00 on Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THE DUKE wrote:
Allen would be tempting, but I don't know if the Bengals could pass on Vacarro. Ogletree at 37 would be tremendous. I am a Wreh-Wilson fan, but I don't know if he would be the pick there as S is a much bigger need than CB.

Vaccaro over Allen all day every day. Love Ogletree. Then give us a RB like Bernard an its amazing

Big thanks to kacymcbryant18 for the sig....^^
SadLionFan00

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

joru1000 wrote:
green24 wrote:
joru1000 wrote:
green24 wrote:
Love the trade with Vikings. I made a similar trade in a mock I did in the Jets forum recently.

I literally vomited when I saw Nassib. Fourth round prospect at best. Give us Cyprien there. We currently have zero starting safeties.

Hopkins is fine. I don't like Damontre Moore, but it's fine value in the second round. I would easily prefer Jamie Collins though.

but a trade has to work both ways lols

Mine was a little more balanced. Instead of the Vikings giving a 4th round pick, they gave a 6th.

understandable. my point is that the vikings have no reason to trade up to number 9 when they can fill their 2 needs at 23 and 25.

Definitely a debatable point. Im not going to pretend I know whats going on behind the scenes for the Vikes, but teams fall in love with prospects. With Floyd falling further than expected, and the Vikes having a big need at DT, as well as the ammo to make the move, I have them jumping up to get one of the few elite prospects in the draft.
SadLionFan00

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ochocinco4pres wrote:
THE DUKE wrote:
Allen would be tempting, but I don't know if the Bengals could pass on Vacarro. Ogletree at 37 would be tremendous. I am a Wreh-Wilson fan, but I don't know if he would be the pick there as S is a much bigger need than CB.

Vaccaro over Allen all day every day. Love Ogletree. Then give us a RB like Bernard an its amazing

I didnt know the Bengals had a need at safety. Can you give me some info on that spot?

But Ill project Allen over Vaccaro, still. One of those gut feeling calls. Something just tells me the Bengals wont let Allen get past them.
SadLionFan00

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobody wrote:
There is no team in front of us who would take Mingo, why trade up and only have 1 pick in the first 3 rounds?

Because with Mingo falling, a team is sure to jump up and grab him before the Colts have a chance to take him. And there is no way to know that a team between 18-23 wont take him. BPA happens, mane.
SadLionFan00

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LuckyNumber11 wrote:
Cards would rather take Warmack in the first for sure

Why do you say that? Warmack is the safe prospect, but teams have proven time and time again they will take the high-ceiling player at a more premium position over the good guard prospect.
KhanYouDigIt

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a fan of Hunt to be honest but great trade with the Eagles.

Jordan/Banks/Datone Jones would be awesome.

TEDDY TEDDY TEDDY

Props to JMG on the sig
ninjapirate

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geno Smith is a loser, no way is he worth that trade. He's not worth it at 4.
SadLionFan00

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ninjapirate wrote:

Your opinion and you are more than entitled to it, but the Eagles seem to disagree with you.
theindianstud12

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Give us Greene in the second and its good.
vang_evo9

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see a need at ALL to trade up for B. Jones. Love Eifert tho!
Iceman88

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love the 1st round pick for the Titans, but Pugh is not what we are looking for Warford would make sense for us in the 2nd and the trade makes no sense since we signed Pollard at Wilson, we dont need a safety before the 4th.

Props to Kempes ^
ninjapirate

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SadLionFan00 wrote:
ninjapirate wrote:

Your opinion and you are more than entitled to it, but the Eagles seem to disagree with you.

A lot of people in NFL circles don't think any team in the top 5 has any real interest in geno. Eagles are a top 5 team.

So how do they disagree with me?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: