Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

SLF's 1st jersey mock of the year! 2 rounds
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ninjapirate

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ninjapirate wrote:
SadLionFan00 wrote:
ninjapirate wrote:
Geno Smith is a loser, no way is he worth that trade. He's not worth it at 4.

Your opinion and you are more than entitled to it, but the Eagles seem to disagree with you.

A lot of people in NFL circles don't think any team in the top 5 has any real interest in geno. Eagles are a top 5 team.

So how do they disagree with me?

Plus I don't think Chip or Howie are stupid enough to actually hitch their careers to geno smith of all people.

A college qb that lost 5 games in a row? Good nfl qbs lose 5 games their whole college career.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Small d = pastry
green24

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ninjapirate wrote:
ninjapirate wrote:
SadLionFan00 wrote:
ninjapirate wrote:

Your opinion and you are more than entitled to it, but the Eagles seem to disagree with you.

A lot of people in NFL circles don't think any team in the top 5 has any real interest in geno. Eagles are a top 5 team.

Plus I don't think Chip or Howie are stupid enough to actually hitch their careers to geno smith of all people.

A college qb that lost 5 games in a row? Good nfl qbs lose 5 games their whole college career.

Have you seen the WVU defense?
FalconFan13

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm for the Falcons i like the trade up in the 2nd round. But with us losing our 3rd round pick then i don't like taking 2 DE's back to back it's just not smart football with us still having so many more needs that we have to cover.

We still need a OLB, NT, and CB We have to come away with atleast 1 of those other ones outside of just DE in the 1st 3 rounds or were gonna be in deep trouble.

So keep the trade and keep Datone Jones there in the 2nd round im fine with that pick. Okafer is probably the same quality DE as Joneas they are both mid to late 2nd rounders at this point in the draft so i rather not reach on him to much.

Look at a player like Jessie Williams DT or Trufant in the 1st.

Or you can keep the Okafer pick and stll do the trade up and give us a player like darius Slay at CB or GReene at OLB or Williams at NT if he is still available and we can get that high.

Just so many better ways to go with this draft than 2 DE back to back while we losing a 3rd round pick to cover so many of our other needs.

Plus we are going to bring in a vet DE so that covers 1 DE spot leaving us with only 1 DE really needed this year.

With either Osi, Abe, Freeney, or Doom coming in FA + Biermann, Massaqui, Matthews, + Okafer or Jones thats 5 DE's Can't think of any team that would keep 6 DE on the roster.
1BackInBlackFan

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jones would look good in a Steeler uni. He won't get that jersey number (Jack Ham) but a very good pick none the less.

Te'o is a decent pick in the second too but I don't think I saw WR Justin Hunter taken before that so I would rather have him instead with the void at wide receiver for the Steelers.

Many thanks to UniversalAuthor for Big Ben's sig
bucstopshere

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm like the trade down, not a fan of Ertz. With no Revis we better double up on corner. Like to grab Banks somehow, but if not Slay would be great. Love the Jesse Williams pick too

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if were trading up that far might as well go up three more spots and grab the best player in the draft
could play nose and end for us

i dont think we make a huge trade up like that though.

new sig... sorry alex
akintu

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FalconFan13 wrote:
Hmm for the Falcons i like the trade up in the 2nd round. But with us losing our 3rd round pick then i don't like taking 2 DE's back to back it's just not smart football with us still having so many more needs that we have to cover.

We still need a OLB, NT, and CB We have to come away with atleast 1 of those other ones outside of just DE in the 1st 3 rounds or were gonna be in deep trouble.

So keep the trade and keep Datone Jones there in the 2nd round im fine with that pick. Okafer is probably the same quality DE as Joneas they are both mid to late 2nd rounders at this point in the draft so i rather not reach on him to much.

Look at a player like Jessie Williams DT or Trufant in the 1st.

Or you can keep the Okafer pick and stll do the trade up and give us a player like darius Slay at CB or GReene at OLB or Williams at NT if he is still available and we can get that high.

Just so many better ways to go with this draft than 2 DE back to back while we losing a 3rd round pick to cover so many of our other needs.

Plus we are going to bring in a vet DE so that covers 1 DE spot leaving us with only 1 DE really needed this year.

With either Osi, Abe, Freeney, or Doom coming in FA + Biermann, Massaqui, Matthews, + Okafer or Jones thats 5 DE's Can't think of any team that would keep 6 DE on the roster.

What he said...

Foster-A-Falcon: Roddy White
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
SadLionFan00

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ninjapirate wrote:
SadLionFan00 wrote:
ninjapirate wrote:

Philly's entire organization, including the owner, went to see Geno at his Pro Day. The last time the owner went to a pro day was Donovan McNabb.

I think thats pretty telling. I would be nothing short of shocked if the Eagles dont walk out of this draft without Geno.

Also, after his pro day, most think he has solidified himself as a top 10 pick at worst.
Get him to fling poo more accurately and make better decisions when flinging it?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
SadLionFan00

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ninjapirate wrote:
ninjapirate wrote:
SadLionFan00 wrote:
ninjapirate wrote:

Also, if Jake Locker can be a top 10 pick from Washington, I think Geno can make it in as a top 3 pick.
Get him to fling poo more accurately and make better decisions when flinging it?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a sexy Star jersey Wink Great pick in the 1st but I'd rather have Warford in the 2nd over Pugh. Hate the trade because for one, safety isn't really a need after signing Pollard and Wilson. Loved to trade up and get Carradine with that pick.

Adopt-A-Titan:
Bishop Sankey
DaQuan Jones
FREDDY T

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it for the jags alot. All of the picks make sense. The only thing i would possibly change is a guy like kyle long over margus hunt. We currently do not have a RT on the roster.
Eagles_808

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh no, you didn't really just do that.

The only thing worse than taking Geno at #4 would be trading away our 2nd along with that pick to move up and take him.

I would gladly just stay put and take Fisher.

Then take Jesse Williams or Jordan Poyer in the 2nd. Or even EJ Manuel there if we absolutely need a QB in Chip's and Howie's eyes.
ninjapirate

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SadLionFan00 wrote:
ninjapirate wrote:
SadLionFan00 wrote:
ninjapirate wrote:

Philly's entire organization, including the owner, went to see Geno at his Pro Day. The last time the owner went to a pro day was Donovan McNabb.

I think thats pretty telling. I would be nothing short of shocked if the Eagles dont walk out of this draft without Geno.

Also, after his pro day, most think he has solidified himself as a top 10 pick at worst.

West Virginia isn't exactly far from philadelphia, I don't see how that is telling. Maybe if jeff took the time to fly to california to see someone.

Plus I am pretty sure all players that go to philadelphia for workouts probably meet him too. We don't draft all 30 of those guys every year.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Small d = pastry
meixdaddy_10

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im not as against the trade up for DT FLoyd as most are, as long as its the 5th RD pick and not the 4th like i think you said at some point..

.i think he will be an elite DT in the years to come in the mold of what Kevin Williams was to us in his prime(he was also selected #9 IIRC, well it should have been 7 but I think we all remember the whole draft debacle of not choosing a player until after our time was up Very Happy )

Obviously you know you missed our 2nd RD pick..we pick after washington...would go WR, CB, or LB there...could see LB as its not as deep as WR or CB..would go Khaseem Greene there myself..maybe CB Wreh-Wilson

We would still have 2 3rd RD and 2 4th RD picks if we traded the 5th..

can still get quality CBs like Ryan/Mcfadden...WRs like Hunter/Patton/Williams...G's like Winters/Bailey..the options are endless with 4 picks in those 2 RDS...we could even package some of those and get back into the 2nd to get a guy we covet.

.i think others are just mad cuz they would rather have 2 higher quality guys in RD1 then one elite and multiple good prospects in later rds...we technically only lose 1 pick out of the 11 we have..its just a high one.

RD1 DT Floyd
RD2 LB Greene
RD3a,b
RD4a,b
RD6
RD7a,b,c

Still have all those picks to target needs
SadLionFan00

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ninjapirate wrote:
SadLionFan00 wrote:
ninjapirate wrote:
SadLionFan00 wrote:
ninjapirate wrote:

West Virginia isn't exactly far from philadelphia, I don't see how that is telling. Maybe if jeff took the time to fly to california to see someone.

Plus I am pretty sure all players that go to philadelphia for workouts probably meet him too. We don't draft all 30 of those guys every year.

The OWNER went out to watch it. He hasnt done that since McNabb. That tells me all I need to know. Close or not. You are more than welcome to write it off, as that is your opinion. But you cant say for sure one way or the other.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: