Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Detailed 1 Round Mock
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pantherfan90

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 6:27 pm    Post subject: Detailed 1 Round Mock Reply with quote

Hey all! First mock of the year and ALWAYS looking for feedback. Y'all know your teams better than I do, so I do enjoy criticism; please keep it constructive. I never predict trades, but I WILL say where I could see a trade in my pick evaluation. Hope you all enjoy!

1. Chiefs - Luke Joeckel OT Texas A&M

With the trade for Alex Smith, I think this is about as close to a lock as you can get. With the health concerns of Star, Joeckel is the only other player worth the #1 pick in my opinion. I personally have Eric Fisher rated about Joeckel, but I don't think many others share the same opinion as I do.

2. Jaguars - Dion Jordan DE/OLB

I just am not as big of a fan of Floyd as everyone else seems to be. I still think Star is the ace of this class and, due to his possible health issues, he is free falling on big boards everywhere. In steps Dion Jordan. He is a game changer; I think he could be a SLB or DE and excel at either. Jordan will go a long way to helping this defense.

3. Raiders - Geno Smith QB WVU

I actually really like this pick for the boys in black and silver. I know some will have concerns, especially after the last QB they took this high; however, I think Smith is a much better prospect than Russell was. Smith is an athlete along with having a great arm. Geno can sit and learn if the Raiders wanna let Palmer play out his contract or could come in right away. Regardless, an improvement at QB is needed.

4. Eagles - Dee Milliner CB Alabama

I am absolutely in love with this guy. I personally think he can be a shutdown corner in this league. I know some aren't happy with a CB being taken this high, but I think its going to be Milliner if Jordan doesn't fall to them.

5. Lions - Eric Fisher OT CENTRAL MICHIGAN UNIVERSITY (FIRE UP CHIPS!!!)

I go to Central Michigan University and will tell you, this kid is a stud. I personally have him rated higher than Joeckel, but playing in the MAC hurt his draft stock. I can tell you, our Chippewas haven't been that good, so he's gotten PLENTY of practice pass blocking and shows great pop with his hits. Seriously may be my favorite offensive prospect this year besides the two guards.

6. Browns - Ziggy Ansah DE/OLB BYU

I think the Browns could be players in actually moving UP for a change to go after Dion Jordan. I truly think Jordan is who they are coveting but, with the combine he had, I don't see him lasting to #6. Someone else will move up to take him if no one else takes him before this spot. If this happened, I do think they'd move back for someone looking to move up. Instead, they stick around and grab a very interesting prospect in Ansah.

7. Cardinals - Lane Johnson OT Oklahoma

Lane Johnson is definitely no scrub, but I have a feeling the Cardinals were hoping either Fisher, Joeckel or Smith fell to them here. If I predicted trades, I'd say I could see them moving down for someone wanting to get Jones, Mingo or one of the guards.

8. Bills - Jarvis Jones OLB Georgia

I don't think there is a QB or WR worth this spot. I like Mike Glennon but he is NOT the 8th best player in this draft. I think Glennon could easily be there for them when they pick in the 2nd round. Instead, they opt to improve their defense with Jones. He scares me with all his concerns, but he can be scary on the field as well. In my opinion, he is THE high risk/high reward player in this draft. With the Jets falling off the map, I could see the Bills staying put with Fitzpatrick this coming season and making a push for 2nd place; to do so, they add Jones.

9. Jets - Barkevious Mingo, DE/OLB LSU

Pretty simple pick in my opinion. They are in the market for a pass rusher and I think Ansah, Jordan, Jones and Mingo all should go within the top ten picks. So if any of these guys are available at #9, I think the Jets jump on them.

10. Titans - Star Lotulelei DT Utah

Gone are the days where I could get giddy with the thought Star would fall to my Panthers, especially with the Levitre signing. I STILL think Warmack or Cooper is a possibility here, but I think they grab the best player available (my top player on my board period) in Star.

11. Chargers - Chance Warmack OG Alabama

The Chargers really wanted one of the three top tackles here, but alas none of them fall. So they opt to grab the best guard prospect in quite sometime and shore up another need. I could see a move down to grab an OT, but, again, I don't predict trades.

12. Dolphins - Jonathan Cooper OG/C UNC

I had this pick as Tavon Austin before free agency started. I still even had it as Austin for quite some time after they signed Wallace and resigned Hartline. However, I just think they absolutely can't pass up on Cooper here. He's not an OT, but unless they trade up or back, I highly doubt they get an OT here.

13. Buccaneers - Sharrif Floyd DT Florida

Recent mocks have Floyd going as high as #3 to the Raiders, but I don't think he'll go that high. He's a VERY solid player though and wish the Buc's didn't take him. I think the Buc's will pass on Werner here because of Bowers and Clayborn; I think if they felt they needed a DE, they wouldn't have gotten rid of Bennett.

14. Panthers - Kenny Vaccaro S Texas

I got absolutely tired of watching highlight after highlight last year where someone would take the top off our defense. Vaccaro should help our struggling secondary and this pick makes the most sense. I personally would love Tavon Austin here, but I think Vaccaro is the safer pick.

15. Saints - Bjoern Werner DE FSU

Sean Payton gets started immediately on that defense. Werner falls a bit because of what I would call "scheme concerns". He's one of those guys that you either seem to love or hate him. I think Tavon Austin gets a serious look here, but Payton can't justify grabbing a WR after the year his defense had in my opinion.

16. Rams - Tavon Austin WR WVU

Austin is just too much of a playmaker for the Rams to pass on here. With two first round picks, they can afford a bit of a "luxury pick" here in Austin. I truly love this kid and don't think he's a luxury pick at all, but some aren't sold on him. Very quietly, the Rams are becoming a force to be reckoned with in their division.

17. Steelers - Cordarrelle Patterson WR Tennessee

I love my Chippewa, but he can't handle the entire WR workload for the Steelers. Patterson is my 2nd favorite WR in this class and, most would argue, is the best #1 WR prospect in this draft. I think he and Brown would make a great WR tandem for Big Ben.

18. Cowboys - Sheldon Richardson DT Missouri

Fills a need for the Cowboys and, since neither of the top guards are available, he may be the top prospect at this point on their board.

19. Giants - Alec Ogletree LB Georgia

I love Ogletree's athletic ability. He is an absolute stud and I don't really care much about his off the field issues. Some might say putting someone with issues in New York is a bad idea, but I think his talent is just too much to pass up here.

20. Bears - DJ Fluker OG/OT Alabama

I truly think Fluker will be moved inside to play guard. He has the athleticism to play RT in my opinion, but I think he will excel at guard.

21. Bengals - Arthur Brown LB KSU

Even with the resigning of Maualuga, the are still in the market for a LBer. Had a few different directions I felt they could have gone, mostly Matt Elam, Jonathan Cyprien or Xaiver Rhodes (I feel he could play safety) but I felt Brown was too good for them to pass up here. I could actually see a trade back to grab one of the previous mentioned guys but, again, I don't do trades.

22. Rams (from Redskins) - Matt Elam S Florida

An improvement is need at safety and it comes in the form of Matt Elam. I could see a trade down, but I truly think with the emergence of Seattle, the Rams will feel they need to not accumulate picks and get another immediate starter.

23. Vikings - Keenan Allen WR Cal

I feel like the Vikings are in an interesting spot here; with a pick at #25, they only have to worry about the Colts taking someone they are eying. I think Keenan Allen and Jesse Williams are on the Vikings radar, but the issue is I think they are also on the Colts radar as well. So the Vikings opt for Allen, hoping Williams makes it past the Colts.

24. Colts - Xavier Rhodes CB/S FSU

I originally had DaMontre Moore here, but Rhodes seems to be the better value to most. I still think there is better value at CB/S in the later rounds compared to the talent level at DE/OLB later, but I stick by the thinking the fans of their teams know their team's board better than I do.

25. Vikings (from Seahawks) - Jesse Williams NT Alabama

Originally had Datone Jones here, but their need falls more on a NT in their 4-3 rather than the UT. Williams is a monster in the middle and, ironically, will continue the Williams trend at DT for them.

26. Packers - Datone Jones DT/DE UCLA

Packers have a need along their defensive line and Jones can step in and contribute off the edge as a DE in their 3-4. I personally like Jones as the UT or DE in a 4-3, but he'll do just fine in the 3-4 I believe.

27. Texans - Jonathan Cyprien S FIU

Texans have a need in their secondary, despite the signing of Ed Reed. Cyprien should help improve an already stout defense.

28. Broncos - DaMontre Moore DE/OLB Texas A&M

The Broncos luck out and get Moore to fill a void. Even if Dumervil resigns, they'll still need more of a pass rush. Moore's free fall finally ends, leaving Bronco fans happy he did so poorly at the combine. Gotta love when a top five guy plummets because of a few bad tests.

29. Patriots - DeAndre Hopkins WR Clemson

Hopkins is a bit of a project; great skill set but raw. Enter Tom Brady and the Patriot way. Hopkins screams Patriot pick to me. He's a guy they don't have to start right away and can let develop. Could become their #1 WR within a few years.

30. Falcons - Alex Okafor DE Texas

Falcons need a DE and Okafor seems to be a great fit for them. Do I need to say more?

31. 49ers - Eric Reid S LSU

Reid is potentially my favorite safety in this year's class. He is an absolute ball hawk and could step in on day one and start. I could see the 49ers moving up with all their draft picks, but if they stay put, I see them taking a safety early.

32. Ravens - Kevin Minter LB LSU

Te'o certainly is getting a lot of love at this pick from what I've seen in mocks; however, I think Minter ends up being the pick. I LOVE Te'o and think he could very easily get taken high if a team falls in love with him, but I think his scandal brought too much bad press for anyone to take a chance on him in the first round. I hope this makes sense but Te'o would always be compared to Lewis and I think he'd fold under that pressure. Minter is a solid player and not as "flashy" as Te'o, so the comparisons might not come until Minter shows up on the field.

Adopt-a-Lion: Calvin Johnson
Season Stats: 96 Receptions 1681 Yards 16 TD's
Playoff Stats: 12 Receptions 211 Yards 2 TD's

Last edited by Pantherfan90 on Sun Mar 24, 2013 4:31 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Nobody

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good pick, but with Rhodes available? Gotta take Rhodes, he is a perfect fit.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good Bengals pick

Big thanks to kacymcbryant18 for the sig....^^
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Couldn't ask for a better Titans 1st round pick.

Driver of the Brad Kaaya Hype Train
Adopt-A-Titan:
Bishop Sankey
DaQuan Jones
ninjapirate

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Milliner is possible, also think we will take a long look at lane johnson.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Small d = pastry
The Gnat

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Dontone Jones, but I think that Xavier Rhodes is a better player.

AQuintus

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Gnat wrote:
I like Dontone Jones, but I think that Xavier Rhodes is a better player.

I don't like Datone Jones, and I think that Xavier Rhodes is a better player.

Minnesota won't be interested in a 3/4 DE.
CanesFinsFan

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love the Cooper pick but would mind having Tavon Austin either.
Good job

Cooper and Austin are 1a and 1b. Love both of them.

^ Thanks for the sig Delphi83^
vang_evo9

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Understand the Williams pick but if Rhodes falls that far, he'd be tremendous value!
Pantherfan90

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rhodes seems to be a hot commodity; every draft day, CB's seem to fall down a bit. I didn't have Milliner fall because I'm higher on him than probably most, but I think Rhodes will fall a bit. I WILL reexamine him and if he goes sooner though and appreciate the feedback.

Adopt-a-Lion: Calvin Johnson
Season Stats: 96 Receptions 1681 Yards 16 TD's
Playoff Stats: 12 Receptions 211 Yards 2 TD's
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Vikings need Jesse Williams more than Datone Jones. They already have Christian Ballard as a backup UT and Kevin Williams as a starter. They have nobody worthwhile at the 4-3 NT spot.
Cypher

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't love Vaccaro as a prospect, but with the board falling like that, it is what it is.

NS922 wrote:
All on LOLton for page stretching to Green Idk what happened my phone graduated to ROFLtron
RedGreenShow

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great pick man.
[quote="YoursTruly"]He doesn't get the ball because he is shut down. Zero seperation. It is my understanding that Elite WR should be able to do this when their number is called. AJ gets shut down relatively easy.[/quote]
FalconFan13

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okafer is ok for the Falcons pick. Not great but not bad. I like him more as a 2nd rounder for sure.
Rh61791

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Broncos don't need a Safety in the 1st round. Their biggest need is pass rushing DE. Dumervil most likely won't be back and the only other options are old and way past their prime. The Broncos should take Tank Carradine in the 1st.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: