Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Bills sign former Cards QB Kevin Kolb to 2-year, $13M deal
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Trentwannabe

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

camcool21 wrote:
bigbadbuff23835 wrote:
camcool21 wrote:
Trentwannabe wrote:
bigbadbuff23835 wrote:
camcool21 wrote:
I hope the Bills draft a QB high, but let him sit behind Kolb/Jackson for a bit. Then let the rookie play if Kolb/Jackson gets hurt or is failing epically. QBs always seem to do better when they are allowed to sit as rookies to absorb the speed of the NFL game.

For example, I think Losman could have been a good QB for the Bills if he wasn't mishandled by the coaching staff early in his career. Baptism by fire isn't always a good thing.

Losman sat.....

He had a broken leg his rookie year...then Mularkey *@$# Losman by cutting ties with Bledsoe and throwing him into the fire in year two. It not only put all the veterans against him but a great majority of the fan base. 2006 Losman had a great year and then good ole Jauron went and drafted smarty pants Trent Edwards (same draft as Kolb coincidently) then the controversy began. Losman was so badly mishandled its depressing. He was an idiot but clearly the most gifted QB we've had in a long long time.

yea, that

Either way he sat. Dont give me that crap either. Almost every qb thaf gets drafted high now a days starts from day one. Don't blame anyone except Losman.

I know that QBs that get drafted high start from day one. I'm saying it's a bad idea usually. Unless the QB seems super pro ready (RGIII, Newton and Luck for example), I would say it's usually best to let QBs sit.

in 04 it wasn't as common as it is today to start right away. Rivers Manning and Big Ben were all the backups to begin the season IIRC. And Losman shouldn't have even been drafted until late 2nd early 3rd. I'm not saying it isn't Losman fault but to put it solely on his is reckless.
camcool21

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trentwannabe wrote:
camcool21 wrote:
bigbadbuff23835 wrote:
camcool21 wrote:
Trentwannabe wrote:
bigbadbuff23835 wrote:
camcool21 wrote:
I hope the Bills draft a QB high, but let him sit behind Kolb/Jackson for a bit. Then let the rookie play if Kolb/Jackson gets hurt or is failing epically. QBs always seem to do better when they are allowed to sit as rookies to absorb the speed of the NFL game.

For example, I think Losman could have been a good QB for the Bills if he wasn't mishandled by the coaching staff early in his career. Baptism by fire isn't always a good thing.

Losman sat.....

He had a broken leg his rookie year...then Mularkey *@$# Losman by cutting ties with Bledsoe and throwing him into the fire in year two. It not only put all the veterans against him but a great majority of the fan base. 2006 Losman had a great year and then good ole Jauron went and drafted smarty pants Trent Edwards (same draft as Kolb coincidently) then the controversy began. Losman was so badly mishandled its depressing. He was an idiot but clearly the most gifted QB we've had in a long long time.

yea, that

Either way he sat. Dont give me that crap either. Almost every qb thaf gets drafted high now a days starts from day one. Don't blame anyone except Losman.

I know that QBs that get drafted high start from day one. I'm saying it's a bad idea usually. Unless the QB seems super pro ready (RGIII, Newton and Luck for example), I would say it's usually best to let QBs sit.

in 04 it wasn't as common as it is today to start right away. Rivers Manning and Big Ben were all the backups to begin the season IIRC. And Losman shouldn't have even been drafted until late 2nd early 3rd. I'm not saying it isn't Losman fault but to put it solely on his is reckless.

It also didn't help that he had a different head coach every couple of years.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
http://blogs.buffalonews.com/press-coverage/2013/04/base-value-of-kolb-deal-is-6-million-over-two-years.html

As was predicted, the base earnings are far below the $13 million previously reported. It's a 2 year $6.1 million dollar contract. $2.5 million cap hit this year. Only the $1 million signing bonus is guaranteed.

The other $6.9 million is in incentives. Exactly what those incentives are, I have not yet seen reported.
bigbadbuff23835

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BUT OMG THE BILLS ARE SO DUMB. 13 MILLION TO KEVIN KOLB.

FF geniuses.

#JDI
BillsGuy82

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigbadbuff23835 wrote:

FF geniuses.

That's not a bad price for a backup who will have every opportunity to start for 2013
49ersfan

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigbadbuff23835 wrote:

FF geniuses.

Yeah, some people were REALLY overreacting to the money in the first few days...jeez.
-Not taking this off until the 49ers win #6
Thelonebillsfan

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It bares repeating, the overall contract structure means jack. The only number that matters is guaranteed money, and all this contract shows is that the FO thinks he's a good spot starter with upside, but they don't feel comfortable sticking with him if things go south.

Love the structure of the deal, hope he makes all $13 mil but just having a solid stop gap guy for only $2.5 against the cap this year with $1 mil guaranteed is great.

Adopt a Bill: WR, Robert Woods 5 rec, 86 Yards, 1 TD's
Adopt a Bill: DE/OLB, Mario Williams 8 TKLS, 4.5 Sacks, 4.5 TFL

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Page 8 of 8

Jump to: