Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Bills sign former Cards QB Kevin Kolb to 2-year, $13M deal
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TommyC376

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WhackyPlague wrote:
steelcurtain29 wrote:
TommyC376 wrote:
steelcurtain29 wrote:
And people wonder why the Bills are struggling to compete in this league. You're never going to get anywhere if you're paying 6.5 million to a decent back-up.
Come on man. Its NOT 6.5 a year. Its a MAX salary of 13M ... meaning its insentive based.

Why is it so difficult for people to understand that this contract is worth at the absolute most 13 mil (with the incentives).

The fact that they're willing to give him 13 million total for any reason is ridiculous. You honestly think he's worth 13 million dollars over the next two seasons?

If he takes them to the playoffs, absolutely. And that's the only way he's getting $13 million.
Exactly.

But do I think he's worth 13M over 2 years? No.

But he isnt getting 6.5 Mil a year. Its an incentive based contract. I mean its already been reported that the deal is woth a MAX of 13M. Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WhackyPlague wrote:
steelcurtain29 wrote:
TommyC376 wrote:
steelcurtain29 wrote:
And people wonder why the Bills are struggling to compete in this league. You're never going to get anywhere if you're paying 6.5 million to a decent back-up.
Come on man. Its NOT 6.5 a year. Its a MAX salary of 13M ... meaning its insentive based.

Why is it so difficult for people to understand that this contract is worth at the absolute most 13 mil (with the incentives).

The fact that they're willing to give him 13 million total for any reason is ridiculous. You honestly think he's worth 13 million dollars over the next two seasons?

If he takes them to the playoffs, absolutely. And that's the only way he's getting $13 million.

That and probably starting all 32 games Shocked , making it to the SB, Winning the SB, Throwing for ....TD, only having ....TO! Like every single contract out there the total amount means absolutely nothing in the long run. NFL contracts are written on toilet paper and can be flushed at any time they see fit. It would not surprise me if we learn it's really a 1 yr guaranteed contract with an option for year 2 with a base salary around 3-4 mil.

With that said Kolb is a joke and has been since he was drafted. He's another version of David Carr and acts like a deer in headlights when pressure is applied. Add the fact he's made of glass and I have no doubts whats so ever he never sees the entirety of that contract.

Bird Watch:
Jeremy Maclin: 11 Gm/ 63 Rec/ 980 Yds/ 9 TD/ 15.5 YPC/
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Makes sense as of backup even if it is too much but hopefully for the Bills sake, he's not their starter.

Driver of the Brad Kaaya Hype Train
Adopt-A-Titan:
Bishop Sankey
DaQuan Jones
goldfishwars

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He has to be one of the richest failures in living sporting memory.
SteelKing728

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Billy Spikes wrote:
If Kolb ends up starting for the Bills at least they can say he isn't the worst starting QB in the division. [Sanchez]

This is true, but I'm hoping Tarvaris Jackson wins the job.

In which the fact still remains: Both Kolb and Jackson are better than Mark Sanchez.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

d'oh!
Plush

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BillSabre wrote:
Boise&cards Fan wrote:
Well if kolb does some how start For Buffalo they will be in the lead for Teddy Bridgewater.

Refresh my memory........ What was the Cards record before his injury?

you have nowhere near the cards supporting cast or defense
TommyC376

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Plush wrote:
BillSabre wrote:
Boise&cards Fan wrote:
Well if kolb does some how start For Buffalo they will be in the lead for Teddy Bridgewater.

You're right about the defense. But Buffalo's OLine is better than Arizona's ... so is Buffalo's running game.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

goldfishwars wrote:
He has to be one of the richest failures in living sporting memory.

He's made over $1 million per TD pass.
Malik

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TommyC376 wrote:
Plush wrote:
BillSabre wrote:
Boise&cards Fan wrote:

You're right about the defense. But Buffalo's OLine is better than Arizona's ... so is Buffalo's running game.

Steve Johnson isn't Larry Fitzgerald, but it's not like any QB in the league wouldn't be excited to have him on their team as well. He's a 1000yard/80rec/8td type WR.
TommyC376

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Malik wrote:
TommyC376 wrote:
Plush wrote:
BillSabre wrote:
Boise&cards Fan wrote:

Steve Johnson isn't Larry Fitzgerald, but it's not like any QB in the league wouldn't be excited to have him on their team as well. He's a 1000yard/80rec/8td type WR.
Very true. I would never try to compare Larry Fitz with Stevie Johnson. That said. Buffalo has more weapons on offense than Arizona has.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smh what is this team doing ? I suppose decent as a back up but than I question the purpose of TJax.
Trentwannabe

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WhackyPlague wrote:
steelcurtain29 wrote:
TommyC376 wrote:
steelcurtain29 wrote:

QFT

As for the Bills vs Arizona talent debate. Our offense is better in all aspects except for at WR...which obviously doesn't help. But I assume we address that in the draft. And this year our defence should be MUCH improved with Pettine. Finally going to get the most out of our players.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BillsGuy82 wrote:
Smh what is this team doing ? I suppose decent as a back up but than I question the purpose of TJax.

Competition man. I am almost certain one of these men will be cut in August. I didn't want just TJax on the roster having him think he can slack because at worst he's 2nd string. And same goes for Kolb. Both these men probably have very little guaranteed money if any in their contracts. Makes them want to compete and makes them better. Which gives the Bills better options.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With the talk of incentives in the deal I started thinking if this is a move to GAIN salary cap space. That's right, gain salary cap space in the future. I'm not sure if the new CBA works the same way, but in the old CBA incentives are marked as "likely to be earned" and "not likely to be earned." LTBE incentives are included in a teams current year cap number, but if they are not reached, then the team would receive a "credit" in the following season IIRC. Perhaps they gave him a fair number of "LTBE" incentives in hopes of getting back space in future seasons.

http://static.nfl.com/static/content/public/image/cba/nfl-cba-2006-2012.pdf

Again, if the CBA no longer works this way, than this is moot.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8

Jump to: