Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Bills sign former Cards QB Kevin Kolb to 2-year, $13M deal
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LuckyNumber11

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Plush wrote:
BillSabre wrote:
Boise&cards Fan wrote:
Well if kolb does some how start For Buffalo they will be in the lead for Teddy Bridgewater.

Refresh my memory........ What was the Cards record before his injury?

you have nowhere near the cards supporting cast or defense

Their entire offense outside of the WR position is better

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TommyC376 wrote:
Malik wrote:
TommyC376 wrote:
Plush wrote:
BillSabre wrote:
Boise&cards Fan wrote:
Well if kolb does some how start For Buffalo they will be in the lead for Teddy Bridgewater.

You're right about the defense. But Buffalo's OLine is better than Arizona's ... so is Buffalo's running game.

Steve Johnson isn't Larry Fitzgerald, but it's not like any QB in the league wouldn't be excited to have him on their team as well. He's a 1000yard/80rec/8td type WR.
Very true. I would never try to compare Larry Fitz with Stevie Johnson. That said. Buffalo has more weapons on offense than Arizona has.

I'd honestly take Fitzgerald, Andre Roberts, Floyd, housler, Ryan williams, and howling over the bills cast. Is there honestly anyone besides spilled and Johnson that ou could actually call a weapon on that offense? I won't pretend like I know the bills roster top to bottom. I do know that UDFAs have been your second best receiving options the last two years
jrry32

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry, Buffalo fans, but I think it's too much for Kolb.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
LuckyNumber11

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Plush wrote:
TommyC376 wrote:
Malik wrote:
TommyC376 wrote:
Plush wrote:
BillSabre wrote:
Boise&cards Fan wrote:

You're right about the defense. But Buffalo's OLine is better than Arizona's ... so is Buffalo's running game.

Steve Johnson isn't Larry Fitzgerald, but it's not like any QB in the league wouldn't be excited to have him on their team as well. He's a 1000yard/80rec/8td type WR.
Very true. I would never try to compare Larry Fitz with Stevie Johnson. That said. Buffalo has more weapons on offense than Arizona has.

I'd honestly take Fitzgerald, Andre Roberts, Floyd, housler, Ryan williams, and howling over the bills cast. Is there honestly anyone besides spilled and Johnson that ou could actually call a weapon on that offense? I won't pretend like I know the bills roster top to bottom. I do know that UDFAs have been your second best receiving options the last two years

An offensive line is a weapon. The Bills have that, he Cards have arguably the worst

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Plush wrote:
TommyC376 wrote:
Malik wrote:
TommyC376 wrote:
Plush wrote:
BillSabre wrote:
Boise&cards Fan wrote:

Scott Chandler, Fred Jackson. Soon to be a top rookie Wr or 2.
MARIO MANGELINI

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
I'm sorry, Buffalo fans, but I think it's too much for Kolb.

If you really think about it, not really.

First of all let's look at whether QB's get overpaid. They do. Moving on.

Secondly, did they improve from Ryan Fitzpatrick? Since Kolb doesn't turn the ball over as much, I'll give this a yes.

Third, is all of that 13 million guaranteed? I doubt it, in fact I'll bet most of it's incentive based.

Fourth, did they improve on Fitzpatrick's contract? Yes.

Fifth, who else were they supposed to sign? I'd rather play with Kolb than Tarvaris Jackson, and I watched both play. Jackson was worse. They were stuck between a rock and a hard place, sometimes that happens. Same with the Hawks before the 2011 season with the Tarvaris Jackson signing. He isn't a good QB, but there's no one else left.......
barnaby8787

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone know how much is guaranteed?
Spartica4Real

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He got hurt in the Rams game originally, then after that he got punished for the next two games until he was on IR.

They were 4-0 before he originally got hurt, and 4-2 when he was placed on IR. They were well on their way to at least contention for the playoffs. That said, I think it is possible for the Bills to get in the playoffs with Kolb, but I don't think it is LIKELY. I also think they'd be better off drafting Geno. Imagine it, if Geno gets hurt/doesn't pan out like you'd hope, you have insurance. If Kolb doesn't work all you have is TJax..

Saints
LSU
Pelicans

PSN: The_SlayerSaint (PS4)

Adopt a Saint 2014:
Cam Jordan:
Joseph Morgan
Joe_is_the_best

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to see Kolb sucking money out of another unsuspecting team. His contract made him look worse, but in reality he is a decent QB.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope the Bills draft a QB high, but let him sit behind Kolb/Jackson for a bit. Then let the rookie play if Kolb/Jackson gets hurt or is failing epically. QBs always seem to do better when they are allowed to sit as rookies to absorb the speed of the NFL game.

For example, I think Losman could have been a good QB for the Bills if he wasn't mishandled by the coaching staff early in his career. Baptism by fire isn't always a good thing.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

camcool21 wrote:
I hope the Bills draft a QB high, but let him sit behind Kolb/Jackson for a bit. Then let the rookie play if Kolb/Jackson gets hurt or is failing epically. QBs always seem to do better when they are allowed to sit as rookies to absorb the speed of the NFL game.

For example, I think Losman could have been a good QB for the Bills if he wasn't mishandled by the coaching staff early in his career. Baptism by fire isn't always a good thing.

Losman sat.....
Trentwannabe

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigbadbuff23835 wrote:
camcool21 wrote:

Losman sat.....

He had a broken leg his rookie year...then Mularkey *@$# Losman by cutting ties with Bledsoe and throwing him into the fire in year two. It not only put all the veterans against him but a great majority of the fan base. 2006 Losman had a great year and then good ole Jauron went and drafted smarty pants Trent Edwards (same draft as Kolb coincidently) then the controversy began. Losman was so badly mishandled its depressing. He was an idiot but clearly the most gifted QB we've had in a long long time.
camcool21

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trentwannabe wrote:
bigbadbuff23835 wrote:
camcool21 wrote:

Losman sat.....

He had a broken leg his rookie year...then Mularkey *@$# Losman by cutting ties with Bledsoe and throwing him into the fire in year two. It not only put all the veterans against him but a great majority of the fan base. 2006 Losman had a great year and then good ole Jauron went and drafted smarty pants Trent Edwards (same draft as Kolb coincidently) then the controversy began. Losman was so badly mishandled its depressing. He was an idiot but clearly the most gifted QB we've had in a long long time.

yea, that

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

camcool21 wrote:
Trentwannabe wrote:
bigbadbuff23835 wrote:
camcool21 wrote:

Losman sat.....

yea, that

Either way he sat. Dont give me that crap either. Almost every qb thaf gets drafted high now a days starts from day one. Don't blame anyone except Losman.
camcool21

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigbadbuff23835 wrote:
camcool21 wrote:
Trentwannabe wrote:
bigbadbuff23835 wrote:
camcool21 wrote:

Losman sat.....

yea, that

Either way he sat. Dont give me that crap either. Almost every qb thaf gets drafted high now a days starts from day one. Don't blame anyone except Losman.

I know that QBs that get drafted high start from day one. I'm saying it's a bad idea usually. Unless the QB seems super pro ready (RGIII, Newton and Luck for example), I would say it's usually best to let QBs sit.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8

Jump to: