Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Redskins have signed former Dolphins QB Pat White
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ProudDolphan47

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To quote the original bad guy from 'Taken'....: "Good luck".

Warpticon wrote:
I think Mike Wallace made a mistake because *throws turd at wall*
JaguarCrazy2832

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd love to see what he can do, but he wont get a chance there, although its more intriguing than deserving

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

***Update***
Quote:
Ex-Dolphins QB Pat White agrees to deal with Redskins usat.ly/10u2RA1 via @USATODAY

http://twitter.com/ByJimCorbett/statuses/319261397773058049
Tom Brady Tribute
Kikuchiyo

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I loved him, Slaton, and Devine back at WVU. They were such an explosive trio and came so close to playing in the NC game. Too bad none of them could hack it in the NFL. Good luck to White in Washington, but I don't see much hope there (and again, this is coming from a guy who was a big fan of his in college).

A Big Thanks To PatsDynasty21
antwanh5

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember seeing that hit from Ike Taylor, it was so unfortunate. He got tripped up into a huge head to head collision. Hope he gets a decent shot. He may not be very good but with the read option and pistol formations it puts so much pressure on the defense to defend so many different runs. You have QB wraps, read options, triple options, mid-lines, jet sweeps, then your standard runs like powers, iso's, leads, stretch and counters and tosses. Take all of that run action it makes throws a lot easier. Not saying Pat White can and or will do that but I'm glad he's getting a chance. I honestly don't expect him to ever do anything but I like seeing great college players getting a chance to do what they do at the next level. I think this is a scout team pick up more than anything though.
Thaiphoon

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lavar703 wrote:
I have no problems with him coming into compete but with more teams considering using a bit of the read-option the fact that no team has even sniffed around him should be telling...

He's going to be a camp body so the rest of the offense can keep running reps of the pistol/read option while RG3 rehabs the knee. If he does decently, he might make the roster in Week 1 and then be the scout QB for the defense to play against when we have to play the Eagles or any other team that has a QB that has wheels.

But as a difference maker in a real NFL game, this is not a good signing. I don't expect him to make the opening day roster though.

Being Vague Is Almost As Much Fun As That Other Thing
Thaiphoon

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelKing728 wrote:
GBPACKMAN4LIFE wrote:
I think they'll change the HOF waiting list to three years just for Pat White because he's such a transcendent and historically great player.

Interesting notes from Nathan Fenno of the Washington Post:

Quote:
Pat White, who sued #NFL over concussions last December, is about to sign with the #Redskins, according to multiple reports.

Earlier today, White dismissed his concussion claim against #NFL in federal court, according to court records. #Redskins

Pat White's original lawsuit claims he "continues to suffer from permanent injuries ... severe headaches, speech issues, memory loss."

That's a sampling of the laundry list of White's alleged maladies that included "diminished self-esteem." #Redskins

@AlbertBreer @Aaron_Nagler Pat White dropped his claim against the #NFL in federal court earlier today. Good timing.

Well no team wouldn't bother giving White a shot if they knew he had a serious problem and couldn't talk right or focus. So it sounds like he lied in court, and will get away with it too.

If I'm a Redskins fan, I wouldn't get too excited. This guy still has a lot to prove before he gets any playing time.

If anything, they should've just traded for Joe Webb. He has a higher ceiling, and can atleast complete a pass.

Webb is a QB I'd definitely take over White. But the Redskins will nto be parting with draft picks this year unless it is to use them in the actual NFL draft later this month.

Being Vague Is Almost As Much Fun As That Other Thing
MNPackfan32

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In other news, Pat White was practicing the read option in his back yard by himself and managed to score 4 TD's on the Packers defense while Dom Capers was trying to figure out who a ReadOption is and why 2 down lineman nickel defense doesn't stop the run. Laughing Crying or Very sad
rise

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MNPackfan32 wrote:
In other news, Pat White was practicing the read option in his back yard by himself and managed to score 4 TD's on the Packers defense while Dom Capers was trying to figure out who a ReadOption is and why 2 down lineman nickel defense doesn't stop the run. Laughing Crying or Very sad
But did he complete a a pass?

Just like your team, classy.
aceinthehouse

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, we know Pat has not completed a pass.

But he's only attempted like 5.
He's like 0 for 5

In other *news*
Pat White has a QBR of 179.6 ESPN QB ranking. Laughing
#1 all-time

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aceinthehouse wrote:
Yes, we know Pat has not completed a pass.

But he's only attempted like 5.
He's like 0 for 5

In other *news*
Pat White has a QBR of 179.6 ESPN QB ranking. Laughing
#1 all-time

You know who else has never started a game? Graham Harrell. I'm sure teams ate just raving at his potential.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The arms race.... Your move NFCE.

<Props to Rase for the Awesome sig>
MNPackfan32

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rise wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:
But did he complete a a pass?
Better question. Does he have to? In all my years, I have never seen a more pathetic attempt to adjust to what was happening, than that terrible night at Candlestick. Sad part is, the offense seemed ready to play in the first half but after that muffed punt the game was over.
DudeWhat??

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
aceinthehouse wrote:
titwio wrote:
Other NFL 31 teams should be worried.

Fixed

Dude runs a 4.4 40
Would be able to run the Pistol/read option as well.

#1)RG3
#2)K. Cousins
#3)Pat White

This should tell everyone, we don't plan to ditch the Pistol/Read option, because RG3 got hurt.

Shanahan<>Figure it out Defensive Coordinators...If you can! Laughing

Giants had him in, so he could emulate RG3 in practice or scout team.
So they can try to figure out how to stop RG3.

Anytime we can stick it to John Mara, makes me very happy.
(Winning the SB in their stadium this yr, would be the ultimate though)

Hopefully, we can welcome him aboard this week.

Good Luck N.Y. lol

but he is a terrible passer.......

He didn't even pass in the NFL...he had one preseason and like one game..no one can use that to judge him...treat him like Tebow..atleast let him suck first..dude had like one game.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thaiphoon wrote:
lavar703 wrote:
I have no problems with him coming into compete but with more teams considering using a bit of the read-option the fact that no team has even sniffed around him should be telling...

He's going to be a camp body so the rest of the offense can keep running reps of the pistol/read option while RG3 rehabs the knee. If he does decently, he might make the roster in Week 1 and then be the scout QB for the defense to play against when we have to play the Eagles or any other team that has a QB that has wheels.

But as a difference maker in a real NFL game, this is not a good signing. I don't expect him to make the opening day roster though.

I think having a good practice QB could be a good difference maker for your team because you guys are aiming at the super bowl..and for superbowl teams ..good practice and being prepared is huge!..thats just my opinion..I hear the ravens rave abotu tyrod all the time..not only as a back up..but also working hard at practice and giving the D a good practive..i bet back ups like Brady Quin and Harrell leave much to be desired at practice lol

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: