Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

49ers sign former Raiders, Eagles CB Nnamdi Asomugha
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
nugpimpen

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AlexM23 wrote:
nugpimpen wrote:
AlexM23 wrote:
ninjapirate wrote:
Nnamdi is my most hated eagle ever I wish him nothing but the worst.

True that.

Lol at people saying "Wish him nothing but the best xoxo". The dude collected a huge paycheck to suck in Philly, how lame to hope he does well now LOL

It doesn't sound like he just cashed in and quit.

He was making good money in Oak before he left and played very well.

Yeahhh but he sucked. What do you want me to say instead? Sir Nnamdi is an outstanding citizen who deserves nothing but the best, I truly hope he achieves all of his wildest dreams. He isn't on my team anymore. I HATE him now.

Nothing but the worst! Sheesh

Sheldon Brown sucked for us, but I don't hate him.

I could see hating guys like Jamarcus or Fat Albert because they basically got paid and quit. That's a lot different than just being bad.

IDOG_det on the incredible sig!
TomRalph

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is always happens with CB's. Careers are just a roller coaster of highs and lows with good seasons and bad seasons.

Corey Webster, DeAngelo Hall, Devin McCourty etc etc. CB's can have good years when everyone thinks they are in the Top 5 and then the following season they aren't NFL caliber. Who knows why that is but we see it so often.

I see no reason why in a new system surrounded by consistently successful defensive talent like Justin Smith, Aldon Smith, Patrick Willis and Navarro Bowman he can't go back to being a very good CB. He won't be on an island, and he won't have to cover for 5+ seconds every play.

I predict Nnamdi has a Pro-Bowl season on that D and all the detractors will be eating crow.

Adopt-a-Patriot '14: Danny Amendola
Catches: 4
AlexM23

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nugpimpen wrote:
AlexM23 wrote:
nugpimpen wrote:
AlexM23 wrote:
ninjapirate wrote:

True that.

Lol at people saying "Wish him nothing but the best xoxo". The dude collected a huge paycheck to suck in Philly, how lame to hope he does well now LOL

Yeahhh but he sucked. What do you want me to say instead? Sir Nnamdi is an outstanding citizen who deserves nothing but the best, I truly hope he achieves all of his wildest dreams. He isn't on my team anymore. I HATE him now.

I could see hating guys like Jamarcus or Fat Albert because they basically got paid and quit. That's a lot different than just being bad.

Should be the opposite. Other than a few team legends and there every other dud/dude who leaves the team shouldn't be loved. What's wrong with that?

Can't believe people have been called un-classy or bitter for THAT

Kiltman on the sig
GaTechRavens

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AlexM23 wrote:
ttitansfan4life wrote:
Great signing. Put him back in man coverage and he'll be just fine.

Fair dinkum mate, absolutely so for off the mark, I mean what are you basing this on it's just absurd how you think you can get away with this despicable display it makes me mad to think about it I can't believe it. Have you ever, ever in the last two seasons watched Nnamdi play for us? How dare you even suggest he was strictly a zone cover CB. Why oh why do you say such things? I just can't believe it man. Did you see the guy get beat in man, DID YOU? He isn't gonna be Oakland Nnamdi that's for sure. It's funny how you can say this and get away with this frankly I'm dissapointed no one else has caught you out for saying such things about a team you clearly have no idea about.

So this is a...slight overreaction...

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AlexM23 wrote:
nugpimpen wrote:
AlexM23 wrote:
nugpimpen wrote:
AlexM23 wrote:
ninjapirate wrote:

True that.

Should be the opposite. Other than a few team legends and there every other dud/dude who leaves the team shouldn't be loved. What's wrong with that?

Can't believe people have been called un-classy or bitter for THAT

It is unclassy but thats philly. Hate anything and everything. No matter what. There is nothing to hate. O no a player used poorly with a oline coach as dc and with nobody around him. It would be one thing if we were good and he wasnt but we are terrible team and i dont blame him for leaving.

I don't understand most of that, but I can tell it's probably inaccurate.
l3lind golfer

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THIS is the best signing of the entire FA period. Nnamdi is going to BEAST in the Niners press cover scheme and they paid him nothing on top of that. Garbage!!!!

This is coming from a Rams fan. IT'S OVER.

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm calling this right now, Nnamdi reclaims his throne as the best CB in the NFL. He is going to be utterly amazing in the Niners scheme playing with that defensive talent.

OH LAWD

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the fact that he's playing for no guaranteed money - it means he's going to have a chip on his shoulder and something to prove.

I don't think he'll return to his glory days of Oakland, but I do think he'll have a tremendous year and re-gain his status as a top-5 CB in the NFL.

Good pickup by San Fran, unfortunately Sad

Steve Smith Sr. on Panthers Secondary wrote:
"I'm 35 years old and I ran around those boys like they was schoolyard kids."
Alpha

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope that he can cover big physicals Wr's

1st and Gore
eagles101

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AlphaQHard wrote:
I hope that he can cover big physicals Wr's

handled CJ just fine.

ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pugger wrote:
ttitansfan4life wrote:
Fieldy wrote:
ttitansfan4life wrote:
I really can't see the 49ers getting best this year. I'll wait until after the draft, but unless Kaep or they get the injury bug, I think they has a strong shot at 19-0.

Because they signed Nnamdi?

The Niners are a very good team, but they aren't the type of team you predict to go undefeated, no current team is that good.

I've said this before they signed Nnamdi. Adding Nnamdi just improves a weak secondary. A good draft adding to a safety or 2, a CB, and add to the D-Line, it's very possible. That is like I said, only if Kaep doesn't suck or they get the injury bug.

That is true of ALL of the teams. If you lose your starting QB or he plays like crap and you have a boat load of injuries your season is toast.

Well obviously. Point? Not every team has a defense like them, an O-Line like them, a running game like them, or coaches like them. I simply said if Kaep doesn't suck and they don't get riddled with injuries combined with a good draft, they have a shot at 19-0.
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AlexM23 wrote:
ttitansfan4life wrote:
Great signing. Put him back in man coverage and he'll be just fine.

Fair dinkum mate, absolutely so for off the mark, I mean what are you basing this on it's just absurd how you think you can get away with this despicable display it makes me mad to think about it I can't believe it. Have you ever, ever in the last two seasons watched Nnamdi play for us? How dare you even suggest he was strictly a zone cover CB. Why oh why do you say such things? I just can't believe it man. Did you see the guy get beat in man, DID YOU? He isn't gonna be Oakland Nnamdi that's for sure. It's funny how you can say this and get away with this frankly I'm dissapointed no one else has caught you out for saying such things about a team you clearly have no idea about.

Qué mate? What the hells a dinkum? You say I don't know anything about the Eagles. Funny because I live in an area swamped by Philly fans and Philly sports games are always on TV, especially the Eagles. Plus my brother is a Cowboys fan. I've watched Nnamdi plenty in Philly. He was out of place. He did play some man and lost some but mainly the Eagles played alot of zone. So come again mate.
RaisinBran

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How many times was Nnamdi targeted last season? I just read somewhere that he was only thrown at 19 times? Is that accurate? I really don't think he played as bad as Eagle's fans are saying.... the Eagle's have arguably the worst safety play in the NFL. So when you combine that with making Nnamdi play zone more frequently what do you expect?

Nnamdi doesn't play for the money. Hell, he gives a crap load of his salary to charity each year. I find it funny that Eagle fans are saying that and complaining about his effort.

(NFL)=Raiders, (MLB)=A's, (NBA)= Warriors
eagles101

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaisinBran wrote:
How many times was Nnamdi targeted last season? I just read somewhere that he was only thrown at 19 times? Is that accurate? I really don't think he played as bad as Eagle's fans are saying.... the Eagle's have arguably the worst safety play in the NFL. So when you combine that with making Nnamdi play zone more frequently what do you expect?

Nnamdi doesn't play for the money. Hell, he gives a crap load of his salary to charity each year. I find it funny that Eagle fans are saying that and complaining about his effort.

that cant be right...for a whole year?

he really didnt play that bad. i have no idea where this hate is coming from. i know he did still play a lot of man and everything but i rarely saw HIM give up any really big plays or play poorly. but the safety situation was a big thing. its wasnt just having bad safety help but when any of them did help they usually just got in the way.

EagleBlueDon

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's average/below average in man, and below average/terrible in zone. Point blank, honest assessment right there. Watched every game of his the last 2 seasons, being I'm a die hard Eagles fan. Very average/below average CB at this point in his career. He hurt us about double the times that he helped us. Still can't believe some people think he's gonna have some re-incarnation of his old self now that he's "going to be put in the right system"..bros, news flash, he was in the right system. And failed about as bad as one could fail. Couldn't wait til he left to be blunt. Said to myself a trillion times during the season: "Can't wait to draft 2 CBs in April.", or, "Can't wait til free agency."

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 8 of 10

Jump to: