Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

49ers sign OT Anthony Davis to a 5-year, $37.2M extension
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic :: View next topic  
iwentundrafted

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thedudehi wrote:
P-52 wrote:
thedudehi wrote:
7.5 million a year for a RT is A LOT of money.

I get that o-line continuity is huge, but when money drives this league, that is a ton of money to be paying one of the most replacable positions on a football team.

do you even watch football? The tackle position is one of the hardest positions to solidify. whether it be LT or RT

The fact that you compared LT and RT cuts you short of your credibility. Figures you would make that statement as a SF fan.

RT is one of the most replacable positions on the team. Teams can start mid round rookies at RT and still have an elite o-line. You clearly cannot same the same about LT.

What exactly is this suppose to mean?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

His trolling on twitter is hilarious

1st and Gore
49ers Finest

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iwentundrafted wrote:
thedudehi wrote:
P-52 wrote:
thedudehi wrote:
7.5 million a year for a RT is A LOT of money.

I get that o-line continuity is huge, but when money drives this league, that is a ton of money to be paying one of the most replacable positions on a football team.

do you even watch football? The tackle position is one of the hardest positions to solidify. whether it be LT or RT

The fact that you compared LT and RT cuts you short of your credibility. Figures you would make that statement as a SF fan.

RT is one of the most replacable positions on the team. Teams can start mid round rookies at RT and still have an elite o-line. You clearly cannot same the same about LT.

What exactly is this suppose to mean?

It means we have 2 elite tackles Wink
Laughing

new sig... sorry alex
asgardian

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

49ersfan wrote:
Looks like Greg Schiano (Davis's college HC) gave some motivation to him in college..

https://twitter.com/AnthonyDavis76/status/320269503479029760

Quote:
You will be a 1 contract and done kinda guy in the NFL. - Greg Schiano. lol

He left early and that was Schiano's response when he told him he was leaving. I normally don't cheer for Rutgers or Niners players but I actually really like Anthony Davis (his struggles against Chris Long also probably help) and his shot at Schiano makes me like him even more. I despise Schiano.

That said, great re-signing by the Niners and at a reasonable price. If they can get Iupati re-signed, then Kaep should be very pleased.
Big Rob

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So uh Andre Smith over/under 7.5 per? Personally I'd take Davis at that money over Smith....
JaguarCrazy2832

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big Rob wrote:
So uh Andre Smith over/under 7.5 per? Personally I'd take Davis at that money over Smith....

Well since you dont know what Smith is making is that a fair statement or are you saying at the same price?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheKillerNacho wrote:
nugpimpen wrote:
Mattwaukee wrote:
49ers Finest wrote:
49ersfan wrote:
TheVillain112 wrote:
Ketchup wrote:
IDOG_det wrote:
Cheap as hell for him. Dude's a beast
7.4 million per year is not "cheap as hell" for a RT. Makes him one of the highest paid RTs in the game.

Makes him the highest paid RT. Andre Smiths camp was looking for $9m per season which is ridiculous. Davis just set the ceiling...

I thought this was a top 5 contract for a RT? I heard that somewhere this morning but can't remember.

24isthelaw wrote:
So 49ers is this a matter of choosing Davis over Iupati at all? I would have thought Iupati would get locked up first.

Possibly. We have to re-sign Kaepernick and Aldon next year. Crabtree as well. I'd say Iupati is the lowest priority out of all 4 (5 including Davis).

i think illupati is above davis personally. of course kap is first
but mike has all pro potential. hopefully hes next up

so many expiring contracts coming up

I personally have Andre Smith as better than anthony davis so I don't think 7.4 is as high as it will go.

I think Smith is becoming very overrated around here.

Agreed. He was great last year, but was considered a major bust before that. Fact is, the only good season he's had (and the only 16-game season) was a contract year. I'd be hesitant to give this guy a longterm contract... at least, not one with much guaranteed money. Potential's there, but I am unsure about heart.

A major bust? Not really, no. Was he considered average to above average before? Yeah. But not major bust. That label is reserved for the Vernon Gholston's of the world.

Don't follow your passion, take your passion with you.
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right, and lets not act like Anthony Davis wasn't looked as an disappointment before last season either. Well, in Anthony's case, he was drafted at an young age and was flashing some greatness.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
Big Rob wrote:

Well since you dont know what Smith is making is that a fair statement or are you saying at the same price?

I meant does Smith get more or less than 7.5? And that I'd take Davis over Smith at even money...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: