Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Raiders release LB Rolando McClain/Ravens nearing deal
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Big Rob

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gmen wrote:
If Giants fans had a vote on draft day and majority ruled, this guy would be on the Giants instead of JPP. I wanted CJ Spiller.

And that year Al didn't want the athletic freak of nature...smfh
Tacos

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

texans_uk wrote:
I don't agree at all with the second point.

Particularly for LBs. If your interior Dline is getting blown up every snap, you are going to get washed out by behemoth guards, or if your secondary can't cover they'll just pass all over you. etc. etc.
I can understand that, we've just made a few linebackers look better than they probably are recently. (Wimbley and Wheeler)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tacos wrote:
texans_uk wrote:

Particularly for LBs. If your interior Dline is getting blown up every snap, you are going to get washed out by behemoth guards, or if your secondary can't cover they'll just pass all over you. etc. etc.
I can understand that, we've just made a few linebackers look better than they probably are recently. (Wimbley and Wheeler)

Pay it no mind. The people trying to support this clown and blame the Raiders never watched him play on Sundays.

Pretty simple to watch him play and come to the conclusion that the guy is a bum.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
Tacos wrote:
texans_uk wrote:

Pay it no mind. The people trying to support this clown and blame the Raiders never watched him play on Sundays.

Pretty simple to watch him play and come to the conclusion that the guy is a bum.

I looked at a "highlight" compilation from him in college. It left me wondering how he was slated for the first round. He seemed to have some issues with bringing down ball carriers by himself.That is NOT a trait I am looking for in a linebacker.
Brian23

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roadrunner wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
Tacos wrote:
texans_uk wrote:

I looked at a "highlight" compilation from him in college. It left me wondering how he was slated for the first round. He seemed to have some issues with bringing down ball carriers by himself.That is NOT a trait I am looking for in a linebacker.

Bama hype?
Kal-El

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GB would never sign this guy, but I actually kind of want him. I could see him thrive in a 34.

Pro-Johnny Footbawl.
Manny/Patrick

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
RuskieTitan wrote:
Surprised. He was a high pick coming out of Alabama.

What was the problem with him?

Everything. Seriously. He did nothing well and was a horrible person and team mate.

He should be shot in the groin. By - Cheney.

Selkiesxx

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No one else is going to say it?

Fine, I'll do it then. Sounds like a great fit for the Detroit "Great Character" Lions.

Ah, of course this is an obvious joke. No team in the NFL will touch this guy.

@BodamEscapePlan (Twitter)
texans_uk

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
Tacos wrote:
texans_uk wrote:

Err yeah.

Not trying to defend him, just dispelling the notion that sucky LBs should look good in sucky defenses. If your d-lineman can't hold their own, and your secondary can't cover, you ain't gonna look good.

Nabbs4u

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can not miss this many times early in the draft. The core of their continued problems start there.

Quote:
12' No 1st/2nd
11' No 1st/ Stefen Wisniewski
10' Rolando McClain/ Lamarr Houston
09' DHB / Michael Mitchell
08' Darren McFadden / Tyvon Branch
07' Jamarcus Russell / Zach Miller

Bird Watch:
Jeremy Maclin: 16 Rec/ 296 Yds/ 3 TD/ 18.5 YPC/
JMG

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nabbs4u wrote:
You can not miss this many times early in the draft. The core of their continued problems start there.

Quote:
12' No 1st/2nd
Oh my lord. That is why the Raiders are horrible.

[]_[] Family
deuces22wild

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nabbs4u wrote:

Quote:
12' No 1st/2nd

Damn is that a rough stretch or what Shocked

Michael Johnson 11 tackles | 2 sacks | 1 ff
big_palooka

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

texans_uk wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
Tacos wrote:
texans_uk wrote:

Err yeah.

Not trying to defend him, just dispelling the notion that sucky LBs should look good in sucky defenses. If your d-lineman can't hold their own, and your secondary can't cover, you ain't gonna look good.

Kelly and Seymour were in front of him. Dez '36 million dollar' Bryant in that rotation. He had good DTs. Seeing as Omar Gaither came in as the starter and the defense didn't miss McClain's presence should tell us something.

Watch the Bucs game. McClain is just a mess. No instincts, slow to react and once engaged, he's done. Doug Martin had all his big runs that day when McClain was on the field.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
texans_uk wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
Tacos wrote:
texans_uk wrote:

Err yeah.

Kelly and Seymour were in front of him. Dez '36 million dollar' Bryant in that rotation. He had good DTs. Seeing as Omar Gaither came in as the starter and the defense didn't miss McClain's presence should tell us something.

Watch the Bucs game. McClain is just a mess. No instincts, slow to react and once engaged, he's done. Doug Martin had all his big runs that day when McClain was on the field.

Actually its much worse than that we went from being on pace to be the historically worst defense of all time to like top 10ish the last 4 games of the season without Ro.
RaiderX

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
texans_uk wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
Tacos wrote:
texans_uk wrote:

Err yeah.

LOL The entire defense was terrible during that game. Burris missed about 8 tackles and Wheeler was getting worked over the middle. DLine got almost no pressure and the secondary got torched when Doug Martin wasn't running to the endzone. Bad example.

SaveourSonics wrote:
Yea, RaiderX wins. We can all just top acting like this is a matter of opinion. MY GOD.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: