Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Raiders release LB Rolando McClain/Ravens nearing deal
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
ChrisSmith1987 wrote:
Everyone one that gets drafted/ signed by Oakland, just seems to fall on there face. I don't think its the players.... its called playing for Oakland.....

Which is why we see a lot of ex Oakland players thriving with other teams.... oh wait. And explain the players that are actually good in Oakland. Or the two players who were paid among the highest in FA from Oakland. Pedantic comment sir.

McClain is a heavy footed, slow to react LB who struggles tackling and can't pick his way through traffic. He's easily blocked out of the hole on run plays and a target against the pass in coverage.

All this 'he will thrive with another team' business shows that some have watched very very little of Slowlando McClain. He was a product of Saban's defense and is nothing more than an NFL role player.

Funny, this sounds a lot like what Seattle fans were saying of Aaron Curry Wink
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
ChrisSmith1987 wrote:
Everyone one that gets drafted/ signed by Oakland, just seems to fall on there face. I don't think its the players.... its called playing for Oakland.....

Which is why we see a lot of ex Oakland players thriving with other teams.... oh wait. And explain the players that are actually good in Oakland. Or the two players who were paid among the highest in FA from Oakland. Pedantic comment sir.

McClain is a heavy footed, slow to react LB who struggles tackling and can't pick his way through traffic. He's easily blocked out of the hole on run plays and a target against the pass in coverage.

All this 'he will thrive with another team' business shows that some have watched very very little of Slowlando McClain. He was a product of Saban's defense and is nothing more than an NFL role player.

Funny, this sounds a lot like what Seattle fans were saying of Aaron Curry Wink

And what a baller he has become. Laughing

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaiderX wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
texans_uk wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
Tacos wrote:
texans_uk wrote:
I don't agree at all with the second point.

Particularly for LBs. If your interior Dline is getting blown up every snap, you are going to get washed out by behemoth guards, or if your secondary can't cover they'll just pass all over you. etc. etc.
I can understand that, we've just made a few linebackers look better than they probably are recently. (Wimbley and Wheeler)

Pay it no mind. The people trying to support this clown and blame the Raiders never watched him play on Sundays.

Pretty simple to watch him play and come to the conclusion that the guy is a bum.

Err yeah.

Not trying to defend him, just dispelling the notion that sucky LBs should look good in sucky defenses. If your d-lineman can't hold their own, and your secondary can't cover, you ain't gonna look good.

Kelly and Seymour were in front of him. Dez '36 million dollar' Bryant in that rotation. He had good DTs. Seeing as Omar Gaither came in as the starter and the defense didn't miss McClain's presence should tell us something.

Watch the Bucs game. McClain is just a mess. No instincts, slow to react and once engaged, he's done. Doug Martin had all his big runs that day when McClain was on the field.

LOL The entire defense was terrible during that game. Burris missed about 8 tackles and Wheeler was getting worked over the middle. DLine got almost no pressure and the secondary got torched when Doug Martin wasn't running to the endzone. Bad example.

+1. Our DTs, especially Seymour, were horrid that day. There are virtually endless examples that could be used, that game isn't the best though.

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, I take it no GM was willing to trade for him. Shocked, I am.

vike daddy wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
I wanna be a mod.

vastly over rated.
oakdb36

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaiderX wrote:

LOL The entire defense was terrible during that game. Burris missed about 8 tackles and Wheeler was getting worked over the middle. DLine got almost no pressure and the secondary got torched when Doug Martin wasn't running to the endzone. Bad example.

It doesn't make McClain being responsible for 2 of Martin's long TD runs any less obvious.
Raidin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
RaiderX wrote:

It doesn't make McClain being responsible for 2 of Martin's long TD runs any less obvious.

Why isn't Philip Adams responsible considering he whiffed on a tackle as well?
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raidin wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
RaiderX wrote:

CBs are the most vital position to stopping the run, I always say.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
Raidin wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
RaiderX wrote:

No matter what position a player is in on defensive a guy should be able to make a simply one vs one tackle.
oakdb36

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raidin wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
RaiderX wrote:

We already had that discussion before (about a different play though). No matter how much you want to have someone else share the responsibility to defend your boy, McClain screwing it up wasn't impacted by Adams. So yes, McClain was responsible.

I can't believe you're still defending the bum btw. Let it go.
Raidin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
Raidin wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
RaiderX wrote:

We already had that discussion before (about a different play though). No matter how much you want to have someone else share the responsibility to defend your boy, McClain screwing it up wasn't impacted by Adams. So yes, McClain was responsible.

I'm not defending him, I just think the logic that one person is reponsbile for a TD when at least 2 other players missed a tackle is pretty dumb. I'd defend Adams and Giorando if someone said they were to blame for the TDs that day as well.
macklemore

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
Raidin wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
RaiderX wrote:

every good run defense has cb's and safeties that can tackle. it takes a whole team to be good. we have had the softest, worst angle tacking secondary for what seems like an eternity.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raidin wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
Raidin wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
RaiderX wrote:

I'm not defending him, I just think the logic that one person is reponsbile for a TD when at least 2 other players missed a tackle is pretty dumb. I'd defend Adams and Giorando if someone said they were to blame for the TDs that day as well.

So your logic is if more than one player is responsible, no one is responsible? Sounds clever.
Raidin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
Raidin wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
Raidin wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
RaiderX wrote:

So your logic is if more than one player is responsible, no one is responsible? Sounds clever.

McClain is responsible for missing a tackle - thats all, same as Ross and Branch on that play.
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
@AdamSchefter: Former Raiders LB Rolando McClain is nearing deal with Ravens. Two sides scheduled to talk today to see if they iron out unresolved issues.

Driver of the Brad Kaaya Hype Train
Adopt-A-Titan:
Bishop Sankey
DaQuan Jones
Flaccomania

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:
Quote:
@AdamSchefter: Former Raiders LB Rolando McClain is nearing deal with Ravens. Two sides scheduled to talk today to see if they iron out unresolved issues.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=519901

Wink

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: