Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Patriots TE Rob Gronkowski now healthy after 4th procedure
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chiefer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Malik wrote:
I'm sure it's a fluke.

I remember I said that Gronk was injury-prone a couple years ago and a bunch of people freaked out on me.

Guess I wasn't wrong.
TD: 0
Rayvens52

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

patman wrote:
shawn wrote:
Rob Gronkouchski needs another operation, won't this be his third on the same arm?

The operation is to remove the metal plate that was put in to brace the break during healing. No one keeps the metal plate in, they are always removed.

This is the gist of the article. -- While informing the media multiple times over the last few weeks that everything was fine, if it really wasn't and the infection was still there when they remove the plate soon they will have to replace that plate with another one and he might not be ready fro the start of the season.

What do you expect from a Murdock rag.
lol@ no one keeps metal plates in. You should research things before you type. Any games without Gronk would suck for Brady since he's already heartbroken over Wes leaving

Thanks to mike23md on the sig!
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

***Update***
Quote:
We’re still a couple of weeks away from getting a definitive answer about whether Patriots tight end Rob Gronkowski is going to need another surgery on his forearm, but reports from those with access to Patriots workouts bring some good news.

Mike Reiss of ESPNBoston.com reports that sources say Gronkowski “looks great” while working in the team’s offseason program while he waits to find out if an infection will force him to have a fourth operation since initially breaking the forearm last season. There have been no unexpected setbacks, which doesn’t mean Gronkowski will avoid an operation but it is obviously better than if more problems had popped up in the last month.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/05/05/report-no-unexpected-setbacks-for-rob-gronkowski/
Tom Brady Tribute
twslhs20

Location: Where the true depth of one's soul doesn't resonate with the world
PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Billy Spikes wrote:
***Update***
Quote:
We’re still a couple of weeks away from getting a definitive answer about whether Patriots tight end Rob Gronkowski is going to need another surgery on his forearm, but reports from those with access to Patriots workouts bring some good news.

Mike Reiss of ESPNBoston.com reports that sources say Gronkowski “looks great” while working in the team’s offseason program while he waits to find out if an infection will force him to have a fourth operation since initially breaking the forearm last season. There have been no unexpected setbacks, which doesn’t mean Gronkowski will avoid an operation but it is obviously better than if more problems had popped up in the last month.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/05/05/report-no-unexpected-setbacks-for-rob-gronkowski/

I heard on the fantasy focus pod that they are waiting for the infection to clear before he has another operation. I guess he needs some new hardware in the bone or something.

Joe_is_the_best ^^

BWG VIKE wrote:
Teddy needs a Snickers, he looks like Ponder when he is hungry
FirstDownFaulk

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RuskieTitan wrote:
He's turning into the Bob Sanders of Tight Ends. Highly talented, but is starting to miss considerable time due to injuries.

He's missed 6 games in three years.....because of ONE injury....

Granted he's played through a high ankle sprain and wasn't the same, but having a tackler swing their body into the side of your leg and then suffering a broken bone while blocking, followed by a subsequent second break as a result of the presence of a plate on your bone from the first, are simply things you can't avoid. They're "fluke" injuries.

Aaron Hernandez on the other hand......seems to pull something every time he takes a shower Laughing

Last edited by FirstDownFaulk on Sun May 05, 2013 6:05 pm; edited 2 times in total
FirstDownFaulk

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rayvens52 wrote:
patman wrote:
shawn wrote:
Rob Gronkouchski needs another operation, won't this be his third on the same arm?

The operation is to remove the metal plate that was put in to brace the break during healing. No one keeps the metal plate in, they are always removed.

This is the gist of the article. -- While informing the media multiple times over the last few weeks that everything was fine, if it really wasn't and the infection was still there when they remove the plate soon they will have to replace that plate with another one and he might not be ready fro the start of the season.

What do you expect from a Murdock rag.
lol@ no one keeps metal plates in. You should research things before you type. Any games without Gronk would suck for Brady since he's already heartbroken over Wes leaving

He was heartbroken over the loss of Troy Brown, David Patten, David Givens, Deion Branch, Donte Stallworth, Randy Moss, Reche Caldwell, Daniel Graham, Ben Watson, Jabar Gaffney, and now Wes Welker.....

Tom Brady has completed a pass during the regular season to 68 different receivers in his 11 years (an average of 6 different receivers per season).....My point ?? It doesn't matter who you give him to throw the ball to....he's still going to produce and win football games.

JaguarCrazy2832

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn he isnt doing so well after cashing in

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good thing these injuries don't affect his club life, or else he'd REALLY be in trouble.
domepatrol91

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
A source tells the Boston Herald that Rob Gronkowski will indeed need a fourth operation on his forearm.

Quote:
The fourth procedure will be to remove the plate that's securing the broken bone in Gronk's troublesome left forearm. If the following tests show that the infection has been completely flushed out, then a new plate will be put in and the recovery will begin. In that scenario, Gronk will almost certainly be ready for Week 1.

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/261370/rob-gronkowski-will-have-fourth-arm-operation

Good news for Pats fans!

Brandin Cooks - 53 receptions, 550 yards, 25 first downs, 3 TD - 7 rushes, 73 yards, 4 first downs, 1 TD
Corey White - 44 tackles, 2 INT, 1 sack, 6 passes defended, 1 forced fumble, 1 fumble recovery
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^
It's the same surgery that was talked about all along for weeks, nothing changed.

Only if a fifth surgery will be needed, something will change.
Tom Brady Tribute
domepatrol91

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Billy Spikes wrote:
^
It's the same surgery that was talked about all along for weeks, nothing changed.

I was talking about the bolded. Wink

Brandin Cooks - 53 receptions, 550 yards, 25 first downs, 3 TD - 7 rushes, 73 yards, 4 first downs, 1 TD
Corey White - 44 tackles, 2 INT, 1 sack, 6 passes defended, 1 forced fumble, 1 fumble recovery
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

domepatrol91 wrote:
Billy Spikes wrote:
^

The stating of the obvious by rotoworld? yeah it was known aswell Wink
Tom Brady Tribute
domepatrol91

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Billy Spikes wrote:
domepatrol91 wrote:
Billy Spikes wrote:
^

So it's just your title that's inaccurate?

Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

domepatrol91 wrote:
Billy Spikes wrote:
domepatrol91 wrote:
Billy Spikes wrote:
^

So it's just your title that's inaccurate?

Look at the OP, the original report said what the title said when i made the thread and then the updates said it's not happening, weeks ago.

That's why i add the updates to the OP in all the threads.

Edit:
I didn't mean in my post to say anything about you, it was directed at the report.
Tom Brady Tribute
domepatrol91

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your last update says Gronk is waiting to see if he's going to need a 4th operation. His status for Week 1 is unknown.

My update posted today says Gronk will indeed have a 4th operation. Unlikely to miss any time.

How is this not an update? I'm lost I guess.

Maybe it's been known for weeks in the Pats forum, but it hasn't been discussed here.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7

Jump to: