Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Ravens nearing deal with Rolando McClain
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Flaccomania

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:30 am    Post subject: Ravens nearing deal with Rolando McClain Reply with quote

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/321962185330921473

Quote:
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 4m

Former Raiders LB Rolando McClain is nearing deal with Ravens. Two sides scheduled to talk today to see if they iron out unresolved issues

Not exactly thrilled with the idea of it, but I suppose it's a no risk move. I've said for about a year now, if anybody will get the inside scoop on the guy, it'll be Ozzie with his Alabama connections. I don't think he'll make it out of camp, but at least he can provide some sort of camp body at a position we are relatively thin at.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll laugh when he becomes a Pro Bowler there.

Nacho Simulation Football League
Flaccomania

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheKillerNacho wrote:

I'd smile Very Happy But, chances are slim in my opinion. Not getting any sort of hopes up.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Classic example of a guy that needs a change of scenery. It's unlikely that he becomes a pro-bowler, but one never knows. Strangers things have happened.

Don't follow your passion, take your passion with you.
RainbowCarebear

Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smart move.

"Do you imagine Whoresbane loves you any better? If you did not hold the ..., he would pull out your entrails and make you eat them"
"In return, we swore that we should always be their men"
TheKillerNacho

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flaccomania wrote:
TheKillerNacho wrote:

I'd smile Very Happy But, chances are slim in my opinion. Not getting any sort of hopes up.

Well, he was definitely a better fit for the 3-4 when he was drafted, I never liked the selection for the Raiders to play 4-3 MLB. Even then, he flashed some promise with the Raiders (he was a bit better than Raiders fans give him credit for).

While Pro Bowler may be a stretch, I think he has a decent chance to become a solid starter.

Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheKillerNacho wrote:
Flaccomania wrote:
TheKillerNacho wrote:

Well, he was definitely a better fit for the 3-4 when he was drafted, I never liked the selection for the Raiders to play 4-3 MLB. Even then, he flashed some promise with the Raiders (he was a bit better than Raiders fans give him credit for).

While Pro Bowler may be a stretch, I think he has a decent chance to become a solid starter.

No, he pretty much was always below average. He's had a good game here and there, but he was horrible more often than good. And bad more often than decent.

"Iron out unresolved issues"? Wtf? Was it one of Terrance Cody's homies that he ran down with his car way back when?

BigBillsFan13 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Somewhere, RR strokes his mustache with pride
Among other things...
williammunney

He's been a bust in the league, but in college he did remind me of Ray Lewis. He was the QB of the defense and was always making impact plays.
Flaccomania

TheKillerNacho wrote:
Flaccomania wrote:
TheKillerNacho wrote:

Hopefully some of the other Alabama guys on defense (Upshaw, Cody) along with Ozzie can help him turn things around.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
TheKillerNacho wrote:
Flaccomania wrote:
TheKillerNacho wrote:

No, he pretty much was always below average. He's had a good game here and there, but he was horrible more often than good. And bad more often than decent.

"Iron out unresolved issues"? Wtf? Was it one of Terrance Cody's homies that he ran down with his car way back when?

My guess is the "unresolved issues" is more along the lines of "Your contract is going to be based heavily on incentives" and what those incentives would be.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm also not getting my hopes up. But I imagine it's a low risk, short leash kind of deal.
TheKillerNacho

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
TheKillerNacho wrote:
Flaccomania wrote:
TheKillerNacho wrote:

What part of my post are you disagreeing with exactly?

I never said he was average, in fact I readily admit he was below average to putrid at times. But as you admit, he did have a few good games. And it was always said he was more of a fit for the 3-4 rather than 4-3.

Just curious, what do you think his chances are of turning it around in Baltimore and being at least a solid (average) starter? Interested to hear your take as a Raiders fan...

Last edited by TheKillerNacho on Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheKillerNacho wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
TheKillerNacho wrote:
Flaccomania wrote:
TheKillerNacho wrote:

The underlined. I don't think anyone denies he had his moments, but he generally was sub par or worse.

BigBillsFan13 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Somewhere, RR strokes his mustache with pride
Among other things...
TheVillain112

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Better the Ravens then the Bengals (I hear we were interested in him). Much better options in the draft...

Orlovsky has too much experience here. Manziel doesn't stand a chance.

Last edited by TheVillain112 on Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:37 am; edited 1 time in total
TheKillerNacho

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
TheKillerNacho wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
TheKillerNacho wrote:
Flaccomania wrote:
TheKillerNacho wrote:

The underlined. I don't think anyone denies he had his moments, but he generally was sub par or worse.

See my edit.

Do you think he can turn it around to be at least solid with Baltimore?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: