Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Ravens nearing deal with Rolando McClain
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
oakdb36

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:

Well maybe being cut, clearing waivers and then being signed to the lowest amount of money in the NFL is exactly what this guy needed to wake him up. Who knows. Only time will tell.

To do what? I don't think you understand what i'm saying. Rolando MCClain the Raiders is not much different that McClain the college player. So i wouldn't expect him to become something he actually never has been just because he has been released.
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:

Well maybe being cut, clearing waivers and then being signed to the lowest amount of money in the NFL is exactly what this guy needed to wake him up. Who knows. Only time will tell.

To do what? I don't think you understand what i'm saying. Rolando MCClain the Raiders is not much different that McClain the college player. So i wouldn't expect him to become something he actually never has been just because he has been released.

Well if there's anything I've learned especially this offseason, it's to trust Ozzie and his plan. I don't think Ozzie would just sign Rolando because he sees "OMG ALABAMA! OMG FIRST ROUNDER!" next to his name...

Steve Smith Sr. on Panthers Secondary wrote:
"I'm 35 years old and I ran around those boys like they was schoolyard kids."
dcarey20

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oakland fans opinions of McClain are irrelevant to me in regards to what this signing means for the Ravens.

Opinions are skewed a bit when a guy is a top 10 pick and is getting paid like an upper echelon defender right when he enters the league. Then you throw in the fact that he's been in trouble with the law and obviously fans are not going to have much good to say.

Now, I'm not saying that this guy lit the world on fire in Oakland or anything like that, but you have to look at him from a different perspective now;

It's a low risk high reward deal as others have eluded to. He's still about as young as anyone, and he's going to a better scheme for him.

And Oakland has been a flat out sorry organization for about a decade now. It's a losing environment and we've seen multiple players who just don't want to be there and their play suffers. Now, I am not sitting here saying Rolando McClain will be a great player in Baltimore; but what he did in Oakland isn't really of much concern to me because of the differing expectations, the deal he will be under, the scheme he will play in, and the organization he'll be a part of. I like the signing and I think there's a decent chance he'll have a shot at being a decent starter for us this upcoming season.
oakdb36

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:

Well if there's anything I've learned especially this offseason, it's to trust Ozzie and his plan. I don't think Ozzie would just sign Rolando because he sees "OMG ALABAMA! OMG FIRST ROUNDER!" next to his name...

So because i don't have great things to say about McClain that means i'm saying the signing is stupid? It's not stupid. I'm sure it's cheap and McClain can have a role in the NFL. You shouldn't expect more than a role player though.
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:

So because i don't have great things to say about McClain that means i'm saying the signing is stupid? It's not stupid. I'm sure it's cheap and McClain can have a role in the NFL. You shouldn't expect more than a role player though.

I don't really think any Baltimore fans are expecting this guy to be the next Ray Lewis, that's for sure. But I think personally he's better than any ILB on our depth chart as of right now.

Steve Smith Sr. on Panthers Secondary wrote:
"I'm 35 years old and I ran around those boys like they was schoolyard kids."
TheVillain112

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:

Why you have to bring Mike Brown into this?

Orlovsky has too much experience here. Manziel doesn't stand a chance.
nbaker1933

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dcarey20 wrote:
Oakland fans opinions of McClain are irrelevant to me in regards to what this signing means for the Ravens.

Opinions are skewed a bit when a guy is a top 10 pick and is getting paid like an upper echelon defender right when he enters the league. Then you throw in the fact that he's been in trouble with the law and obviously fans are not going to have much good to say.

Now, I'm not saying that this guy lit the world on fire in Oakland or anything like that, but you have to look at him from a different perspective now;

It's a low risk high reward deal as others have eluded to. He's still about as young as anyone, and he's going to a better scheme for him.

And Oakland has been a flat out sorry organization for about a decade now. It's a losing environment and we've seen multiple players who just don't want to be there and their play suffers. Now, I am not sitting here saying Rolando McClain will be a great player in Baltimore; but what he did in Oakland isn't really of much concern to me because of the differing expectations, the deal he will be under, the scheme he will play in, and the organization he'll be a part of. I like the signing and I think there's a decent chance he'll have a shot at being a decent starter for us this upcoming season.

You seem to believe that players struggle in Oakland, but do better elsewhere. Which isn't the case.

Gallery
Nnamdi
Zach miller
Campbell
Bush
Murphy
Scott
Shillens

Players aren't leaving oakland an getting better.
Dessie

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
candyman93 wrote:
You can't fix him being slow as hell

You could strap a cheetah to his back

He runs like he has a piano on his back tbh.
#clueless
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dcarey20 wrote:

Oakland didnt make McClain a bad player...he was just one piece that made Oakland a bad team.

Obviously, anything can happen, but you are dismissing Raiders fans opinions because of their poor view of him, when people could just as easily dismiss yours, because you are clearly being blindly optimistic. McClain was never more than mediocre in Oakland. Not to say he cant turn it around, but even players on bad teams can show glimmers of hope, which he rarely did. He looked terrible most of the time and was a big reason why the team was terrible.

He was just another poor draft pick by Oakland.

Oh...and Im not sure how scheme matters when a player cant tackle or shed blocks. That has nothing to do with scheme.
kmvoss

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some people will excel regardless of their environment but it has an effect on most people. I don't know if that is the case with McClain. A change of scenery, especially to a winning franchise, could light a fire in the guy. I'm optimistic.
bosko1616

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bosko1616 wrote:
5 bucks he goes to Baltimore and becomes a pro bowler

RaidersAreOne wrote:
bosko1616 wrote:

Ill take that.

Tacos wrote:
bosko1616 wrote:
You're on.

Double or nothing says he's cut within 3 years from whatever team picks him up.

green24 wrote:
bosko1616 wrote:
You're on. Want to add some zeros after that 5?

BOOOOOM ! I'll take all your money now.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So this is the new young talent they are bringing in to replace everyone thats left? LOL.

Good job Joe Flacco
DontTazeMeBro

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:

Obviously, anything can happen, but you are dismissing Raiders fans opinions because of their poor view of him, when people could just as easily dismiss yours, because you are clearly being blindly optimistic. McClain was never more than mediocre in Oakland. Not to say he cant turn it around, but even players on bad teams can show glimmers of hope, which he rarely did. He looked terrible most of the time and was a big reason why the team was terrible.

They could be right. Could be wrong. But I've learned over the years you can't just take anyone's word for it when it comes to their team's former players.

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
1/10. Not a fan[of C.J. Mosley]. Just another future failed Alabama product.
MaclinandMCcoy

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bosko1616 wrote:
bosko1616 wrote:

RaidersAreOne wrote:
bosko1616 wrote:

Ill take that.

Tacos wrote:
bosko1616 wrote:
You're on.

Double or nothing says he's cut within 3 years from whatever team picks him up.

green24 wrote:
bosko1616 wrote:
You're on. Want to add some zeros after that 5?

BOOOOOM ! I'll take all your money now.

You're forgetting that whole "pro-bowler" part
KiddKillah

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Ravens signed ILB Rolando McClain, formerly of the Raiders, to a one-year, $700,000 contract.

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/259518/ravens-give-ilb-mcclain-one-year-$700k-deal

It's official. We've got our middle linebacker for the next 10 years Wink

Kudos 2 Mike Matt 2011 On The Sig

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: