Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Ravens nearing deal with Rolando McClain
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bosko1616

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaclinandMCcoy wrote:
bosko1616 wrote:
bosko1616 wrote:
5 bucks he goes to Baltimore and becomes a pro bowler

RaidersAreOne wrote:
bosko1616 wrote:

Ill take that.

Tacos wrote:
bosko1616 wrote:
You're on.

Double or nothing says he's cut within 3 years from whatever team picks him up.

green24 wrote:
bosko1616 wrote:
You're on. Want to add some zeros after that 5?

BOOOOOM ! I'll take all your money now.

You're forgetting that whole "pro-bowler" part

Okay you got me I'll save this for next year Wink

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He is the definition of a 2 down thumper.

Xbox Live Gamertag: Chris Sanity
Nodisrespect

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
TheVillain112 wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
JonnyQuest wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
People were saying similar things when the Ravens signed Bryant McKinnie. "He sucks. He's old. He's slow." and look how that worked out.

I think this signing is similar to that - it's low risk, high reward, and if he doesn't pan out in camp we cut him. But I think he'll turn it around and become a solid player in this league.

Except Bryant McKinnie was actually good.

Not when he came to the Ravens. He was an ex-Pro Bowler who had basically quit the NFL and was lazy as heck.

Right but he was a Pro Bowler who showed at one point that he could compete at this level. Rolando hasn't shown that yet...

Really...? in 2011 he had 5 sacks (most among ILB) and 14 PD's on a VERY bad team. He hasn't shown "Pro Bowl" flashes, but he's shown flashes.
The Raiders actually were not very bad in 2010 or 2011. They were 8-8 both seasons he was here.
dbronx42

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think he will do much better in a 3-4 defense. Will help mask his lack of speed... Very low risk move that could work out great.

Location: Canada, but don't worry... i'm not one of those damn dirty french.
PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bosko1616 wrote:
MaclinandMCcoy wrote:
bosko1616 wrote:
bosko1616 wrote:

RaidersAreOne wrote:
bosko1616 wrote:

Ill take that.

Tacos wrote:
bosko1616 wrote:
You're on.

Double or nothing says he's cut within 3 years from whatever team picks him up.

green24 wrote:
bosko1616 wrote:
You're on. Want to add some zeros after that 5?

BOOOOOM ! I'll take all your money now.

You're forgetting that whole "pro-bowler" part

Okay you got me I'll save this for next year Wink

Ha, ill be waiting for my money.

First jersey purchased: Jamarcus Russell.
Second jersey purchased: Rolando McClain.
Next purchases: Every Chiefs, Chargers and Broncos player.
JTagg7754 on the sig.
DirtyHarry

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nbaker1933 wrote:
dcarey20 wrote:
Oakland fans opinions of McClain are irrelevant to me in regards to what this signing means for the Ravens.

Opinions are skewed a bit when a guy is a top 10 pick and is getting paid like an upper echelon defender right when he enters the league. Then you throw in the fact that he's been in trouble with the law and obviously fans are not going to have much good to say.

Now, I'm not saying that this guy lit the world on fire in Oakland or anything like that, but you have to look at him from a different perspective now;

It's a low risk high reward deal as others have eluded to. He's still about as young as anyone, and he's going to a better scheme for him.

And Oakland has been a flat out sorry organization for about a decade now. It's a losing environment and we've seen multiple players who just don't want to be there and their play suffers. Now, I am not sitting here saying Rolando McClain will be a great player in Baltimore; but what he did in Oakland isn't really of much concern to me because of the differing expectations, the deal he will be under, the scheme he will play in, and the organization he'll be a part of. I like the signing and I think there's a decent chance he'll have a shot at being a decent starter for us this upcoming season.

You seem to believe that players struggle in Oakland, but do better elsewhere. Which isn't the case.

Gallery
Nnamdi
Zach miller
Campbell
Bush
Murphy
Scott
Shillens

Players aren't leaving oakland an getting better.

Yeah it's still the " OMG randy moss sucked in Oakland but killed it in New England nobody wants to play there ! ". Having said that its a good fit for McClain I think he could produce.

JonesDrew32 wrote:
38-10 Chargers

This game should definitely bring some lulz from the Raiders side.
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DirtyHarry wrote:
nbaker1933 wrote:
dcarey20 wrote:
Oakland fans opinions of McClain are irrelevant to me in regards to what this signing means for the Ravens.

Opinions are skewed a bit when a guy is a top 10 pick and is getting paid like an upper echelon defender right when he enters the league. Then you throw in the fact that he's been in trouble with the law and obviously fans are not going to have much good to say.

Now, I'm not saying that this guy lit the world on fire in Oakland or anything like that, but you have to look at him from a different perspective now;

It's a low risk high reward deal as others have eluded to. He's still about as young as anyone, and he's going to a better scheme for him.

And Oakland has been a flat out sorry organization for about a decade now. It's a losing environment and we've seen multiple players who just don't want to be there and their play suffers. Now, I am not sitting here saying Rolando McClain will be a great player in Baltimore; but what he did in Oakland isn't really of much concern to me because of the differing expectations, the deal he will be under, the scheme he will play in, and the organization he'll be a part of. I like the signing and I think there's a decent chance he'll have a shot at being a decent starter for us this upcoming season.

You seem to believe that players struggle in Oakland, but do better elsewhere. Which isn't the case.

Gallery
Nnamdi
Zach miller
Campbell
Bush
Murphy
Scott
Shillens

Yeah it's still the " OMG randy moss sucked in Oakland but killed it in New England nobody wants to play there ! ". Having said that its a good fit for McClain I think he could produce.

While we're nitpicking things, Zach Miller doesn't belong on that list. I'm not going to explain why, but he hasn't sucked in Seattle at all, he's just been a pass-blocker because their offensive line was so bad.

Steve Smith Sr. on Panthers Secondary wrote:
"I'm 35 years old and I ran around those boys like they was schoolyard kids."
nbaker1933

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
DirtyHarry wrote:
nbaker1933 wrote:
dcarey20 wrote:

Gallery
Nnamdi
Zach miller
Campbell
Bush
Murphy
Scott
Shillens

While we're nitpicking things, Zach Miller doesn't belong on that list. I'm not going to explain why, but he hasn't sucked in Seattle at all, he's just been a pass-blocker because their offensive line was so bad.

I never said that those players sucked elsewhere, but they haven't been better.

Which i believe is something that could be said of Zach in Seattle.
JaguarCrazy2832

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This just seemed too perfect, good luck Ro

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isn't there other Alabama grads on the ravens D as well? Might help him out.
Rayvens52

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This might be the biggest signing this off season.

Thanks to mike23md on the sig!
Rayvens52

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I heard it's a one year deal worth 700,000

http://boards.baltimoreravens.com/topic/52400-rolando-mcclain-agrees-to-1-year-700k-deal/

Thanks to mike23md on the sig!
Eagles $5$

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a great deal for the Ravens IMO. Ellerbe is a good player, but I think the Ravens have replaced him without overpaying. McClain a good prospect coming out, so he obviously has talent.

TommyC376 on the Sig
Flaccomania

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

simonwayne wrote:
So this is the new young talent they are bringing in to replace everyone thats left? LOL.

Good job Joe Flacco

While I know you can't possibly truly believe that, I'll pretend you do and respond with "No, the young talent to replace those who left will be acquired in about 2 weeks time." These are just pick ups that plug holes so that we can continue to approach the draft with a true BPA mindset like we have over the past 16 years which has made us one of the more successful teams in the NFL over that span.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FootballProdiG wrote:
Isn't there other Alabama grads on the ravens D as well? Might help him out.

Yes, he's got Terrance Cody (also drafted in 2010) and Courtney Upshaw (2012). He's also got Michael Huff from Oakland who is backing him. Not to mentioned Ozzie's strong ties to Alabama. I said all along, if the Ravens don't take a chance on the guy considering the resources we have (in terms of players and connections) and strong need at the position, then there would be no hope for him.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: