Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Raiders signing former Seahawks, Browns QB Seneca Wallace
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheKillerNacho

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Always thought Wallace was one of the better backups in the league, and a guy who could even be a low-end starter. Not a bad pickup by Oakland.

Nacho Simulation Football League
EliteTexan80

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FootballProdiG wrote:
mcmurtry86 wrote:
GrimeyKid wrote:
Why is this better than trading a 7th for tebow?

They get a better player and keep their 7th round pick.

I didn't know Seneca Wallace won the Heisman and 2 National Championships.

What is up with you pimping out college achievements? Hasn't everyone pretty much proven you wrong with each attempt? Danny Wurfferel won a Heisman and NC, how'd he do in the NFL again? Peyton Manning never won a single Heisman or NC, how'd he do in the NFL again? Chris Weinke won a Heisman and NC, how'd he do in the NFL again? Tom Brady never won a Heisman or NC, how'd he do in the NFL again? Troy Smith won a Heisman and NC, how'd he do in the NFL again? Aaron Rodgers never won a Heisman or NC, how'd he do in the NFL again?

You're trying to correlate something to the NFL that has absolutely ZERO bearing. Just...stop.

vike daddy wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
I wanna be a mod.

vastly over rated.
Jaguarfan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FootballProdiG wrote:
mcmurtry86 wrote:
GrimeyKid wrote:

Laughing This again

I hate the Jaguars
green24

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GrimeyKid wrote:

They don't have to have Tim Tebow on their team.
big_palooka

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Vic Tafur ‏@VicTafur 5m
Make that way premature. League source says #Raiders are not signing QB Seneca Wallace after all. Maybe down the road but not now.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EliteTexan80 wrote:
FootballProdiG wrote:
mcmurtry86 wrote:
GrimeyKid wrote:

What is up with you pimping out college achievements? Hasn't everyone pretty much proven you wrong with each attempt? Danny Wurfferel won a Heisman and NC, how'd he do in the NFL again? Peyton Manning never won a single Heisman or NC, how'd he do in the NFL again? Chris Weinke won a Heisman and NC, how'd he do in the NFL again? Tom Brady never won a Heisman or NC, how'd he do in the NFL again? Troy Smith won a Heisman and NC, how'd he do in the NFL again? Aaron Rodgers never won a Heisman or NC, how'd he do in the NFL again?

You're trying to correlate something to the NFL that has absolutely ZERO bearing. Just...stop.

All you can make is Heisman examples, but are you debating that he was the focal player on a team that won the National Championship two times. Also no one is debating that having a Heisman makes you some all-star I never said that. His NFL winning record as a starter speaks for itself, his college achievements just prove his intangibles.
Jaguarfan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FootballProdiG wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
FootballProdiG wrote:
mcmurtry86 wrote:
GrimeyKid wrote:

All you can make is Heisman examples, but are you debating that he was the focal player on a team that won the National Championship two times. Also no one is debating that having a Heisman makes you some all-star I never said that. His NFL winning record as a starter speaks for itself, his college achievements just prove his intangibles.

Dude, just stop. His record as a starting QB shows absolutely nothing.
THIS is the perfect example of how he plays:

I hate the Jaguars
FootballProdiG

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jaguarfan wrote:
FootballProdiG wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
FootballProdiG wrote:
mcmurtry86 wrote:
GrimeyKid wrote:

He wasn't given starting reps all season, had a wildcat role and was supposed to be used primarily as a change of pace runner. One bad throw proves nothing.
49ersfan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems like there's been too many of these "close to signing/intends to sign" threads where the player doesn't end up signing at all...I've lost count on how many false alarms.
-Not taking this off until the 49ers win #6
CallMeBarrett

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FootballProdiG wrote:
mcmurtry86 wrote:
GrimeyKid wrote:

Jaguarfan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FootballProdiG wrote:
Jaguarfan wrote:
FootballProdiG wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
FootballProdiG wrote:
mcmurtry86 wrote:
GrimeyKid wrote:

He wasn't given starting reps all season, had a wildcat role and was supposed to be used primarily as a change of pace runner. One bad throw proves nothing.

Right, but a huge majority of his other throws were very similar.

I hate the Jaguars
EliteTexan80

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FootballProdiG wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
FootballProdiG wrote:
mcmurtry86 wrote:
GrimeyKid wrote:

All you can make is Heisman examples, but are you debating that he was the focal player on a team that won the National Championship two times.

No.

You are 100% incorrect on this statement.

The first NC saw him on the bench as a backup to QB Chris Leak. He had some gadget plays in there, but I would wager that he played less than 10% of the offensive snaps for the Gators that year. Hardly a "focal point" for that team. In 2008, you were close - but you're forgetting that the Gators had this guy named Percy Harvin who had 110 total touches for 1,300 yards and 17 TDs, along with Chris Rainey and Jeff Demps, with over 600 yards rushing a piece. You also had the 4th ranked defense in the nation, with five future NFL players playing at their absolute best in Joe Haden, Brandon Spikes, Major Wright, Carlos Dunlap and Janoris Jenkins.

Tebow was a big part of that offense, but his impact had clearly regressed from his 2007 season; It was the rest of that Gators team that stepped up to get the Gators to the national title. Tebow was good for a tearful press conference, a rousing halftime speech here and there...but in terms of who carried that team to the finish, Percy Harvin is probably the guy who deserves most of the credit that year.

But hey - believe whatever you want to believe. Just know that you're wrong.

Quote:
Also no one is debating that having a Heisman makes you some all-star I never said that.

Then why bring it up EVERY SINGLE TIME you talk about Tebow? This has been your ONLY point of contention since you've began on this debate, and it has yet to hold any bearing on the subject matter, which is the National Football League. Yet, here you are. Playing that card yet again.

Sad. Stop living in the past, we all have.

Quote:
His NFL winning record as a starter speaks for itself, his college achievements just prove his intangibles.

Yes, his 8-6 record as a starter just screams "...yeah, you want THIS guy..." doesn't it? Two games over .500, with a roster that Peyton Manning led to 13-3 and the best record in the AFC.

vike daddy wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
I wanna be a mod.

vastly over rated.
EliteTexan80

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
Quote:
Vic Tafur ‏@VicTafur 5m
Make that way premature. League source says #Raiders are not signing QB Seneca Wallace after all. Maybe down the road but not now.

Thank GOODNESS. I shudder at the thought of continuing this Tebow crap.

vike daddy wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
I wanna be a mod.

vastly over rated.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: