Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Pats trade RB Jeff Demps to Bucs for RB Blount; Takes paycut
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DallasPride28

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's trash pretty much. Glad he went to the pats.

Adopt-A-Cowboy(Dez Bryant)
46 catches, 706 yards, 7 touchdown, 15.3 average
RoeKG

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bednarik60 wrote:
RoeKG wrote:
Bednarik60 wrote:
Blount has so much untapped potential.

He really, really doesn't. The best he has to offer is already in .gifs on this page.

He's a big back, but not a power back. He's not very good out of the backfield of blocking. He has one dimension. He's really good at that part of his game, but that's all he has.

No offense but your coaching has been pretty bad bro. Every time i saw Tampa trying to use Blount its was in obvious formation and a obvious play, against a obviously stacked box. and every one knew where the ball was going.

You can see by the things hes capable of doing few big backs are capable of doing.

I never liked the system he was in Tampa and feel the Patriots system fits better that more spread based scheme woudl benefit him.

I wonder if Blount was used against a stacked box, or the the box was stacked because Blount was in, making my first post was completely accurate...
JaguarCrazy2832

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

interesting, i thought all NE backs could catch...

Blount cant at all

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate the trade, but at the end of the day we lost nothing more than a 7th rounder that probably wouldn't have made the roster anyway. And Demps and Blount aren't locks to stick either.

Mack on the sig
FirstDownFaulk

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PatriotsWin! wrote:
I hate the trade, but at the end of the day we lost nothing more than a 7th rounder that probably wouldn't have made the roster anyway. And Demps and Blount aren't locks to stick either.

He's a body that has proven he can be effective, and will take some of the load off Ridley/Vereen...

Don't be surprised if we see him line up as a fullback as well....he definitely likes to hit people

deuces22wild

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FirstDownFaulk wrote:
deuces22wild wrote:
FirstDownFaulk wrote:
As I said....he's better than Demps and will get the opportunity to contribute in New England. He'll definitely get his fair share of carries. If he can get back to running to his strengths like he did in 2010....he could contribute quite a bit to this backfield.

Shame on you

You obviously haven't followed his pro career, probably just his highlights.

I will let you find out yourself about what he can and can not do.

I've definitely followed his pro career...you're just bitter he gave up on your team. Fact is...the potential is there, the flashes of brilliance have been there...he can contribute and will get a chance to.

Laughing

We have a Martin who had 2,000 total yards last year. He runs harder, faster, can actually block, had 50 catches.

He doesn't try and be a point guard when he carries the rock like Blount does dribbling the ball all over the field. Even Raheem Morris benched him and Rah was just here to party so that shows how bad Blount was.

If he was all-world like you think he is would the Titans dangle him in the wind?

Good luck with him pal, you are going to need it. And your comment about him playing fullback. He doesn't run hard WITH the rock, what friggin makes you think he will run hard without it Confused

"Bitter"... clown!

Michael Johnson 15 tackles | 2 sacks | 1 ff
FirstDownFaulk

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

deuces22wild wrote:
FirstDownFaulk wrote:
deuces22wild wrote:
FirstDownFaulk wrote:
As I said....he's better than Demps and will get the opportunity to contribute in New England. He'll definitely get his fair share of carries. If he can get back to running to his strengths like he did in 2010....he could contribute quite a bit to this backfield.

Shame on you

I've definitely followed his pro career...you're just bitter he gave up on your team. Fact is...the potential is there, the flashes of brilliance have been there...he can contribute and will get a chance to.

Laughing

We have a Martin who had 2,000 total yards last year. He runs harder, faster, can actually block, had 50 catches.

He doesn't try and be a point guard when he carries the rock like Blount does dribbling the ball all over the field. Even Raheem Morris benched him and Rah was just here to party so that shows how bad Blount was.

If he was all-world like you think he is would the Titans dangle him in the wind?

Good luck with him pal, you are going to need it. And your comment about him playing fullback. He doesn't run hard WITH the rock, what friggin makes you think he will run hard without it Confused

"Bitter"... clown!

Who said he's "all world" ?? I just said that he has the potential to contribute. If anyone is going to extremes here, it's you and it's pretty clear that you are bitter Laughing Laughing

BCornish

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FirstDownFaulk wrote:
deuces22wild wrote:
FirstDownFaulk wrote:
deuces22wild wrote:
FirstDownFaulk wrote:

Shame on you

Laughing

"Bitter"... clown!

Who said he's "all world" ?? I just said that he has the potential to contribute. If anyone is going to extremes here, it's you and it's pretty clear that you are bitter Laughing Laughing

Blount sucks. There is not a single Bucs fan in existence sad or "bitter" to see him leave.
tml_gogo

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blount is only effective when he gets about the first 6 yards without being touched, and can build up a head of steam (that is unless he fumbles it for no reason).

He fumbles a lot, he has no vision, can't catch, and can't block. Also he is completely useless as a short yardage back. If he can get going untouched for the first few yards, he's a bull to bring down, other than that he's pretty useless.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tml_gogo wrote:
Blount is only effective when he gets about the first 6 yards without being touched, and can build up a head of steam (that is unless he fumbles it for no reason).

He fumbles a lot, he has no vision, can't catch, and can't block. Also he is completely useless as a short yardage back. If he can get going untouched for the first few yards, he's a bull to bring down, other than that he's pretty useless.

That Saints game last year is still laughable right now, when he had 3 tries from the one and he didn't even get in, not even behind Carl Nicks. Two of those runs, Lorig opened the lane and knocked his defender into the endzone and Blount was tip toeing behing the LOS.

Like TML said, unless there is a gaping hole, he's dangerous in the 2nd level. But he's the back that has twinkle toes behind the LOS. No burst and doesn't hit the hole hard.

He made our offense so 1 dimensional it's why he did not play much last year. When he's in the game, he's so limited. Teams stack the box and blitz because they know he cannot pick up the blitz and that it will be a run. He has no awareness.
INbengalfan

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Billy Spikes wrote:
So... this:

For this:

The Blount highlight would be so much funnier if Demps ran the hurdles Laughing
b_rent87

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wasn't surprised to see Bucs fans in here bashing Blount. Every teams fans seem to do it.

Props to Jamison on the sig
tml_gogo

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

b_rent87 wrote:
Wasn't surprised to see Bucs fans in here bashing Blount. Every teams fans seem to do it.

Of course you would say that.

Go back months in our forum, we wanted him released in September. Hell, I started a thread BEFORE last season questioning why people think he's good. Nobody wanted him on the team, we were surprised we got a 7th round pick let alone a player as well.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Patriots clearly won this trade.

In fact, I'm not sure he's better than our very own London Fletcher.[/quote]
deuces22wild

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tml_gogo wrote:
b_rent87 wrote:

Of course you would say that.

Go back months in our forum, we wanted him released in September. Hell, I started a thread BEFORE last season questioning why people think he's good. Nobody wanted him on the team, we were surprised we got a 7th round pick let alone a player as well.

Obviously guys don't follow him. They see the highlight or two he has had the past few seasons, look at his measurements and think he can do damage.

Pass pro, ball security, vision, running with purpose, mental makeup all can be crossed off of the list when talking about Blount.

If guys from our forum really liked him don't you think ONE maybe TWO of us would of been pissed...

Hopefully he pans out for the Pats then his #1 fan FirstDownFaulk can bump this shht Very Happy

Michael Johnson 15 tackles | 2 sacks | 1 ff

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8

Jump to: