Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Another Mock...still crazy...kinda "meh"...1 round
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
IDOG_det

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ninjapirate wrote:
There is no way on earth the eagles take EJ manuel at 4, Howie Roseman isn't stupid.
since when is it stupid to draft a franchise QB?
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #1: Eric Ebron
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #2: Martin Mayhew

R.I.P. Stylish
IDOG_det

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forge wrote:
why would the 49ers trade up for a position we have absolutely no need for? we have ahmad brooks and aldon smith....

horrible niners pick.
Actually, you're right. I didn't realize Brooks was locked up long term.

R.I.P. Stylish
ninjapirate

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IDOG_det wrote:
ninjapirate wrote:
There is no way on earth the eagles take EJ manuel at 4, Howie Roseman isn't stupid.

Ej manuel isn't a franchise qb. Also there is this called player value. EJ Manuel isn't a top 5 player in this draft, he isn't a top 40 player in this draft.

Reaching gets you into trouble and Howie is not one to do that.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Small d = pastry
IDOG_det

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Another Mock...still crazy...kinda "meh"...1 r Reply with quote

ArizonaPacker wrote:

No offense to you personally, but this is worst mock I've ever seen anywhere on so many levels. It makes little sense at some places as far as needs go, and no sense when teams are giving up the farm to trade up to draft players you must personally like.

awful awful awful. If I were an editor I'd reject this submission. It's pure garbage.
No offense taken. But, my mocks are not made to get a thumbs up from every fan base, so filling that top need isn't my first concern. I screwed up the SF pick, and I'll change that. Also, which team gave up the farm?

I'd also like to find out specifically why you feel my mock is "awful awful awful".

R.I.P. Stylish
IDOG_det

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ninjapirate wrote:
IDOG_det wrote:
ninjapirate wrote:

Ej manuel isn't a franchise qb. Also there is this called player value. EJ Manuel isn't a top 5 player in this draft, he isn't a top 40 player in this draft.

Reaching gets you into trouble and Howie is not one to do that.
He is a top 40 player in the draft, pretty easily. And when you factor in his position, he is even more valuable.

R.I.P. Stylish
IDOG_det

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LuckyNumber11 wrote:
IDOG_det wrote:
LuckyNumber11 wrote:
You're kidding right
not a fan of Wilson?

I like Wilson but why would we trade up for a QB when we have Palmer. If we draft one it sure as hell won't be in the first
Palmer is no franchise QB, at best he is a good stop gap who can possibly help you contend while your real franchise QB develops. If he actually does help you contend, this year may be your only realistic chance at a franchise QB until Palmer is gone.

Also, have you been told in confidence by your GM that you won't be drafting a QB round 1? If not, then I'd say its completely reasonable.

R.I.P. Stylish
IDOG_det

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikesfan wrote:
IDOG_det wrote:
vikesfan wrote:
The Vikings picks make no sense. We trade up for Arthur Brown which is fine, but then we trade back and take another similar linebacker in Ogletree?
I was waiting for this response Laughing

Honestly, I'm scared you guys will do this. Brown will be a great ILB for you guys, and Ogletree would give you a trio of great LB's. Erin Henderson is fine and all, but not special.

With our gaping hole at WR, a hole at CB, and our lack of depth paired with aging along the defensive line we just can't afford to do that.
Well, if you prefer severely reaching to fill immediate holes, then I guess that's your opinion. Brown and Ogletree are both great players that would help build the core of your franchise. They are both top 10-20 talents compared to the 2nd round talents left at your biggest positions of need.

R.I.P. Stylish
kparty69

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH?!?!?!?! Do you seriously have the Vikings taking 2 LBers in the first round?! We only need and MLB. One of those picks should be WR, CB, DT, or S!
IDOG_det

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kparty69 wrote:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH?!?!?!?! Do you seriously have the Vikings taking 2 LBers in the first round?! We only need and MLB. One of those picks should be WR, CB, DT, or S!
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

it's changed now, only because I screwed up another teams pick. I've already stated my case for that though. It's fine if you don't like talent.

R.I.P. Stylish
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love the trade down but not the pick. Rather go with Star.

Driver of the Brad Kaaya Hype Train
Adopt-A-Titan:
Bishop Sankey
DaQuan Jones
Neutral

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're going to 'meh', I think you definitely hit the spot with Dee Milliner to the Chargers. It would be an unpopular pick because it doesn't fill an immediate need, but there's some merit to the decision.

If we assume that there's only a two-thirds chance that Wright and Cox (each) work out as starters, as well as a two-thirds chance that Milliner works out, that leaves the odds as:

all 3 corners work out: 8/27
exactly 2 corners work out: 12/27

That's a 74% chance that the Chargers find a pair of good starting corners, with a better chance of having excess at the position than too little. Those are good odds. The thing I would question would be whether it's enough of an upgrade over the 44% odds (of a pair of good starting corners) from leaving the position alone. And would they benefit more from taking a different player with a 50% chance of succeeding? So... with that said, they should definitely snag Carradine before the Lions can get to him Wink
LuckyNumber11

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IDOG_det wrote:
LuckyNumber11 wrote:
IDOG_det wrote:
LuckyNumber11 wrote:
You're kidding right
not a fan of Wilson?

I like Wilson but why would we trade up for a QB when we have Palmer. If we draft one it sure as hell won't be in the first
Palmer is no franchise QB, at best he is a good stop gap who can possibly help you contend while your real franchise QB develops. If he actually does help you contend, this year may be your only realistic chance at a franchise QB until Palmer is gone.

Also, have you been told in confidence by your GM that you won't be drafting a QB round 1? If not, then I'd say its completely reasonable.

Why would draft a player in the first round who won't make impact this year? I understand doing that at 25 but trading up to two? That's ridiculous.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LuckyNumber11 wrote:
IDOG_det wrote:
LuckyNumber11 wrote:
IDOG_det wrote:
LuckyNumber11 wrote:
You're kidding right
not a fan of Wilson?

Why would draft a player in the first round who won't make impact this year? I understand doing that at 25 but trading up to two? That's ridiculous.
He could/should beat out Palmer, so he could play day 1

R.I.P. Stylish
Nobody

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't pass on Jarvis

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IDOG_det wrote:
Forge wrote:
why would the 49ers trade up for a position we have absolutely no need for? we have ahmad brooks and aldon smith....

horrible niners pick.
Actually, you're right. I didn't realize Brooks was locked up long term.

I still wouldn't say that we would draft Jarvis. Idk about the trade up though
But we wanted irvin REALLY bad last year. And brooks was already locked up. If Balke really liked Jarvis, I see no reason why we wouldn't grab him

new sig... sorry alex

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: