Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

*** 2013 NFL Mock Draft - 3 Rounds - Updated 4/21***
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LeGarrettsBlunt

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:05 am    Post subject: *** 2013 NFL Mock Draft - 3 Rounds - Updated 4/21*** Reply with quote

Round 1:

1. Kansas City Chiefs - Luke Joeckel, OT

This pick is close to being locked in, as boring as that is.

2. Jacksonville Jaguars - Dion Jordan, DE

Geno is a possibility here but Gus Bradley just came from being a defensive coordinator in a place where they had success with a third round QB. I don't think he will take a QB at #2 overall when he still needs important pieces to build his defense with. He has said the one thing he learned from Pete Carroll was to build the defense around speed, so he may look for a speedy pass rusher with this pick.

3. Oakland Raiders - Eric Fisher, OT

I think the Raiders will like Eric Fisher for some reasons. While OT isn't their biggest need it is a need. Taking Fisher and moving Veldheer to RT would upgrade two positions on the o-line. They have already addressed a lot of defensive needs in free agency.

4. Philadelphia Eagles - Star Lotulelei, NT/DT/DE

The Eagles could be looking for defensive line help. Star is also one of the best players available so this pick would make sense.

5. Detroit Lions - Ezekiel Ansah, DE

Ansah is probably the best player available, which makes him the pick for Detroit. He also fills a need.

6. Cleveland Browns - Geno Smith, QB

I wouldn't be shocked if the Browns took Geno Smith if he fell to them. Chud just came from an organization where they drafted Cam Newton one year after drafting Jimmy Clausen, and they experienced success with it. I don't think he would be afraid to try the same thing this year with Geno one year after drafting Weeden.

7. Arizona Cardinals - Lane Johnson, OT

It's not secret the Cardinals need offensive line help. They may be jumped for Lane Johnson, but if they aren't they will probably take him.

8. Buffalo Bills - Tavon Austin, WR

The Bills may be looking for another wide receiver in this draft. Austin has a chance to be the first wide receiver taken, and in the top 10, so this pick makes sense.

9. New York Jets - Barkevious Mingo, DE/OLB

The Jets will most likely look to take a pass rusher in this draft. If one of the top pass rushers is available, they may take him with this pick.

10. Tennessee Titans - Dee Milliner, CB

Dee Milliner has fallen a bit from his once top 5 lock position but he will still probably go in the top 10. The Titans are going to be looking for a cornerback in this draft so they may take him here.

11. San Diego Chargers - Xavier Rhodes, CB

If the top offensive tackles are off the board, they may look for defensive help. They could look for a new cornerback in this draft so if Rhodes is on the board he may be considered. Warmack and/or Cooper are options but even the most hyped guards don't go as high as many predict before the draft.

12. Miami Dolphins - Jarvis Jones, DE/OLB

I think the Dolphins will be interested in Jarvis Jones. They could use another pass rusher to compliment Cameron Wake.

13. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Sharrif Floyd, DT

The Bucs want a cornerback here but if Milliner and Rhodes are gone, which they probably will be, they will have to look elsewhere. DT or DE could be taken and Floyd is probably the best available of those two positions, which makes him the choice. Floyd and McCoy up the middle would be nice.

14. Carolina Panthers - Sheldon Richardson, DT

One of the Panthers biggest needs is defensive tackle so I think if one of the top 3 is on the board they will probably take him.

15. New Orleans Saints - Kenny Vaccaro, S

The Saints may look for a pass rusher with this pick to help the transition to the 3/4, but if the top pass rushers are gone they may look elsewhere. Vaccaro would provide an upgrade at safety and he's one of the BPA at this point.

16. St. Louis Rams - Cordarrelle Patterson, WR

Patterson's stock has taken a bit of a hit, but he will still probably go in the top half of the first round. The Rams are desperate for WR help after losing Amendola and not getting much from Brian Quick, their 2nd round pick from last year. They will need to take a WR in this draft.

17. Pittsburgh Steelers - Sylvester Williams, NT/DT/DE

The Steelers could be looking for defensive line help in the draft. Williams could go in this range and offers some flexibility on the d-line so he may be considered with this pick.

18. Dallas Cowboys - Chance Warmack, OG

The Cowboys need interior offensive line help. If Warmack or Cooper is available they should consider taking them.

19. New York Giants - Bjoern Werner, DE

The Giants may look to take a pass rusher in the draft. It could be in the first round if someone like Werner were to fall to them.

20. Chicago Bears - Jonathan Cooper, OG

The Bears take another offensive line upgrade. They made some moves to upgrade the o-line but they could use at least one more.

21. Cincinnati Bengals - Alec Ogletree, LB

One of the Bengals biggest needs is linebacker. They could look at a linebacker with one of their first three picks.

22. St. Louis Rams (From Washington) - Jonathan Cyprien, S

Safety may be the Rams biggest defensive need and they could take Vaccarro with their first pick if he makes it to them. In this scenario he doesn't make it to them and instead they wait to address the safety position.

23. Minnesota Vikings - Arthur Brown, LB

The Vikings may be looking for an inside linebacker, so someone like Brown may be looked at with one of their two first round picks.

24. Indianapolis Colts - Jamie Collins, DE/OLB

I think Jamie Collins will end up in the first round. The Colts have brought in some pass rushers to try to replace Dwight Freeney but they may draft another one just in case. They are big shoes to fill after all. Also Robert Mathis is growing older as well so another pass rusher wouldn't hurt for those purposes either.

25. Minnesota Vikings (From Seattle) - Justin Hunter, WR

Despite acquiring Greg Jennings, the Vikings could still be looking for more WR help. Pairing Hunter with Jennings and having Wright in the slot would do a lot to upgrade their WR corps.

26. Green Bay Packers - Tyler Eifert, TE

Jermichael Finley will be back for this year, but this may be his last in Green Bay since he has fallen off recently and the Packers may look for his replacement in this draft rather than waiting until its a big need next year.

27. Houston Texans - Keenan Allen, WR

The Texans may be looking for a WR with this pick. They need someone to compliment Andre Johnson. Allen's stock has fallen a bit but he still could go in the first round.

28. Denver Broncos - David Amerson, CB/S

Despite acquiring DRC the Broncos could look for a CB in the draft. Champ Bailey is nearing the end of his career and DRC wasn't very good in Philly last year. If Amerson doesn't work out at CB he could also possibly move to safety. His stock has fallen, but similar to Stephon Gilmore from last year, I think he could boomerang back into the first round due to his athleticism.

29. New England Patriots - Robert Woods, WR

The Patriots may be looking for a wide receiver in this draft. They went after Emmanuel Sanders but missed out on him. They like taking players that were once projected to very high but have fallen for various reasons. Since Robert Woods fits into that category he could be considered here by New England, although they will probably trade up and down 4-5 times before finally taking him.

30. Atlanta Falcons - Damontre Moore, DE

Even though they got Osi, the Falcons need another pass rusher. They may look at someone like Moore in the bottom of the first round. Defensive tackle was also considered but its easier to find DT's later in the draft than it is pass rushers.

31. San Francisco 49ers - Desmond Trufant, CB

The 49ers could be looking for a cornerback in this draft. Trufant could go higher than this so this pick is good value.

32. Baltimore Ravens - Menelik Watson, OT

Every year it seems that one offensive lineman sneaks into the first round. I think that could be Watson this year. The Ravens could use a LT which would allow Oher to go back to RT.

Round 2:

33. Jacksonville Jaguars - Matt Barkley, QB

I think a team will trade back into the first round to get Matt Barkley, but in this version of my mock, I have decided not to predict trades. If Barkley somehow makes it out of the first round, a team will trade up to this pick to take him or the Jags will take him themselves.

34. San Francisco 49ers (From Kansas City) - Datone Jones, DE/DT

The 49ers may be looking for defensive line help in this draft. Jones could go in this range so this pick is decent value.

35. Philadelphia Eagles - EJ Manuel, QB

The Eagles could be looking for a QB in the first few rounds. I think Chip Kelly would want Geno or Manuel out of the available quarterbacks, so if they pass on Geno in the first, they may look at Manuel here or with a trade back into the first round.

36. Detroit Lions - DJ Fluker, OL

The Lions could be looking for an offensive lineman in this draft. Fluker offers some flexibility on the o-line and he's probably the best player available at this point, as he could go much, much higher.

37. Cincinnati Bengals (From Oakland) - Matt Elam, S

The Bengals will most likely take a safety in this draft. Elam could go higher than this so this pick would be good value. The Bengals have three picks in the first two rounds and with a decent number of prospects projected to be available at their picks, they have a few options of which combinations of players to take.

38. Arizona Cardinals - Zach Ertz, TE

The Cardinals haven't gotten much from the tight end position in a few years. They could look to remedy that by selecting a tight end in the early-mid rounds. If Ertz is here when they pick they could consider taking him.

39. New York Jets - Eric Reid, S

The Jets need safety help and they may consider taking one in the first few rounds of the draft.

40. Tennessee Titans - Alex Okafor, DE

The Titans could look for a pass rusher in this draft. They need to upgrade the second worst pass rushing unit from last year.

41. Buffalo Bills - Ryan Nassib, QB

Last year Kevin Kolb proved that you can't go into the season with him as your only QB. He hasn't proven anything yet so the Bills should take a QB in this draft. They could be targeting Nassib as their new coach was his college coach.

42. Miami Dolphins - Kyle Long, OT

The Dolphins will be looking for an offensive tackle in this draft and if they don't get it in round 1 they will probably take one with one of their round 2 picks.

43. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Johnthan Banks, CB

If the Bucs miss out on Milliner and Rhodes in round 1, they may wait until round 2 to take a CB.

44. Carolina Panthers - Terron Armstead, OT

The Panthers could look for an OT in this draft. I wouldn't be surprised if they take one with one of their first two picks.

45. San Diego Chargers - Justin Pugh, OL

The Chargers have done a lot to upgrade the offensive line this offseason, but they may draft another o-lineman to ensure they will have enough pieces going into next year. Pugh offers some flexibility being able to play tackle or guard, so he may be looked at.

46. St. Louis Rams - Marcus Lattimore, RB

I think Lattimore could be the first RB taken. He has the most talent and if he can return to full health he could be a steal in round 2. He would be an appropriate choice to follow in the line of Marshall Faulk and Steven Jackson.

47. Dallas Cowboys - Jonathan Hankins, DT

The Cowboys need another defensive tackle for their transition to the 4/3. Hankins could go much higher than this, so this pick is good value.

48. Pittsburgh Steelers - Manti Te'o, LB

The Steelers could be looking for linebacker help in this draft. It's unclear at this time where Te'o will go, but I think he will still be taken in the top 50 picks.

49. New York Giants - Larry Warford, OG

The Giants may be looking for offensive line help in tho draft. Warford may be the BPA at this point which puts him on the Giants radar.

50. Chicago Bears - Kevin Minter, LB

The Bears get their replacement for Brian Urlacher. Minter could go much higher than this, but he could also fall a bit.

51. Washington Redskins - DJ Swearinger, S

The Redskins need secondary help. They could look for a safety in this draft. Swearinger may be the best available so he might be considered.

52. Minnesota Vikings - Jesse Williams, DT/NT

Another of the Vikings big needs is defensive tackle. Williams provides good value in the mid-late second as he could very easily go in the first.

53. Cincinnati Bengals - DeAndre Hopkins, WR

I think DeAndre Hopkins could go much, much higher than this, but in this version of my mock he falls a bit. The Bengals would be happy to take him and play him opposite AJ Green as the #2 WR.

54. Miami Dolphins (From Indianapolis) - Jamar Taylor, CB

The Dolphins will most likely look for a cornerback in this draft. If they miss out on Milliner and Rhodes in round 1 or take an OT with their first pick, they could wait till round 2 for a CB.

55. Seattle Seahawks - Margus Hunt, DT/DE

The Seahawks like having speed on defense and they need to upgrade the interior pass rush. Hunt satisfies both of those things so if he's on the board when they pick, I wouldn't be surprised if they took him.

56. Green Bay Packers - Eddie Lacy, RB

The Packers should consider taking a RB so they don't have to keep recycling RBs like Ryan Grant.

57. Houston Texans - Barrett Jones, OL

The Texans will probably be looking for o-line depth in the draft. Jones offers a lot of versatility.

58. Denver Broncos - Tank Carradine, DE/OLB

After losing Elvis Dumervil the Broncos will need another pass rusher in the draft. Carradine could go much higher but in this version of my mock he falls a bit.

59. New England Patriots - Tyrann Mathieu, CB/S

This is a typical Patriots pick in my opinion. They like to take players that have fallen from their original high draft pick projections. They could use depth in the secondary and if Mathieu doesn't work out at CB he could be moved to safety.

60. Atlanta Falcons - Jordan Poyer, CB

Cornerback has become a big need for the Faclons. They could consider one in the early rounds of the draft.

61. San Francisco 49ers - Phillip Thomas, S

The 49ers will be looking for a safety at some point in the draft. It could be earlier than this.

62. Baltimore Ravens - Da'Rick Rogers, WR

After losing Anquan Boldin the Ravens may look for another WR in this draft. A wide receiver has been drafted in this spot the past two years so I wouldn't be surprised if the Ravens continued the trend this year. Also the Ravens like taking players that have fallen due to off the field concerns.

Round 3:

63. Kansas City Chiefs - Sam Montgomery, DE/OLB

The Chiefs may be looking for another pass rusher in this draft. If they don't take one at #1 overall or in the first after a trade down they will probably look for one with one of their mid-late round picks.

64. Jacksonville Jaguars - Blidi Wreh-Wilson, CB

The Jags need secondary help. They could consider taking a cornerback and a safety in the draft.

65. Detroit Lions - Khaseem Greene, LB

The Lions could be looking for a linebacker in this draft. Greene being one of the BPAs also makes him a candidate for selection by Detroit.

66. Oakland Raiders - Kawann Short, DT

One of the Raiders' biggest needs is DT. Short will most likely go higher than this so this pick is good value.

67. Philadelphia Eagles - Travis Kelce, TE

Celek has been a decent to good tight end but an upgrade wouldn't hurt if one can be found in the draft. A young QBs best friend is a tight end so getting one for their new QB wouldn't be a bad idea.

68. Cleveland Browns - Corey Lemonier, DE/OLB

The Browns may be looking for a pass rusher at some point in the draft.

69. Arizona Cardinals - Mike Glennon, QB

The Cardinals could look to bring in a QB from the draft in addition to Cason Palmer.

70. Tennessee Titans - Johnathan Jenkins, DT

The Titans will probably be looking for a DT in this draft. It could be as early as round one, but in this version of my mock they wait until now. Jenkins could go much higher than this, so this pick also provides good value.

71. Buffalo Bills - Sio Moore, LB

The Bills may be looking for a linebacker in this draft.

72. New York Jets - Tyler Bray, QB

The Jets will probably take a quarterback in this draft. Sanchez may be close to being done and Garrad is nothing but a backup at this point in his career.

73. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Logan Ryan, CB

In the past the Bucs have addressed big positions of need with multiple draft picks, so they could do that again here with cornerback if Revis is not acquired. Since Ryan was highly recruited by Schiano he could be targeted by the Bucs in the draft.

74. San Francisco 49ers (From Carolina) - Terrance Williams, WR

The 49ers could take a mid-late round wide receiver in this draft. They acquired Boldin but last year they were struggling at WR with the pieces they had and Randy Moss didn't return. They may take another one just in case AJ Jenkins doesn't do anything again this year.

75. New Orleans Saints - Trevardo Williams, DE/OLB

The Saints could be looking for a pass rusher in this draft to ease the transition to a 3/4. I could easily see them going taking a pass rusher in the first and a safety in the third but in this version of my mock they do the opposite.

76. San Diego Chargers - Jonathan Franklin, RB

I think the Chargers could be looking for a running back this year. Ryan Mathews has been an injury concern since he came into the league and even though they have a few other RBs on the depth chart, none of them have #1 RB potential if anything serious happened to Mathews.

77. Miami Dolphins - JJ Wilcox, S

The Dolphins could look for a safety for depth purposes. They have a lot of picks and have already addressed most of their needs this offseason.

78. St. Louis Rams - David Bakhtiari, OL

Taking a player like Bakhtiari would make a lot of sense for the Rams. If they lose Saffold, Bakhtiari could play right tackle. But if they are able to keep him, Bakhtiari can play guard. His versatility should be attractive to the Rams in their unique situation.

79. Pittsburgh Steelers - Giovani Bernard, RB

The Steelers had issues at running back last year. They lost Mendenhall this off season so they are even one more short than last year. They should consider drafting a running back at some point in the draft. Bernard would be a nice compliment to Dwyer. Since a lot of RBs could go rounds 2-4 they may take one in one of those rounds.

80. Dallas Cowboys - Lavar Edwards, DE

With the Cowboys transitioning to a 4/3, they may look for another defensive end to rotate in.

81. New York Giants - DJ Hayden, CB

Even though the Giants just took Prince Amukamara they could be looking for another cornerback this year.

82. Miami Dolphins (From Chicago) - Andre Ellington, RB

The Dolphins may look to replace Reggie Bush's touches on the offense through the draft.

83. Minnesota Vikings - Darius Slay, CB

The Vikings may be looking for a cornerback in this draft. You can never have too many quality CBs.

84. Cincinnati Bengals - Robert Alford, CB

Like many other teams, another cornerback could be taken. Since teams need four cornerbacks, there are always a lot of corners taken every year.

85. Washington Redskins - Kiko Alonso, LB

London Fletcher is nearing the end of his career so they should look to find his replacement before he retires.

86. Indianapolis Colts - Dallas Thomas, OL

The Colts need to protect Andrew Luck. They may still need at least one more upgrade on the o-line.

87. Seattle Seahawks - Zaviar Gooden, LB

The Seahawks could be looking for one more linebacker in this draft. They get it here with Gooden.

88. Green Bay Packers - Bacarri Rambo, S

The Packers could be looking for a safety relatively early in the draft. In previous updates I've had them taking one in round 1 but in this version of my mock they wait until this pick.

89. Houston Texans - AJ Klein, LB

The Texans lost DeMeco Ryans so they may look for another inside linebacker to replace him on the depth chart.

90. Denver Broncos - Brandon Williams, DT

The Broncos may be looking for a defensive tackle in this draft.

91. New England Patriots - John Simon, DE/DT/LB

Simon seems like another typical Pats pick to me. He offers a lot of versatility on the defense and could play multiple positions for the Patriots. Also BB likes taking Urban Meyers' players so we could see an increase in OSU players drafted by the Patriots in the future.

92. Atlanta Falcons - Vinston Painter, OT

After losing Tyson Clabo they are in need of a new right tackle.

93. San Francisco 49ers - Devin Taylor, DE/OLB

The 49ers could look for another pass rusher in this draft. You can never have too many quality pass rushers.

94. Baltimore Ravens - Jon Bostic, LB

The Ravens will have to at least attempt to replace Ray Lewis in this draft. They could take a chance on a mid round prospect if they pass earlier on.

95. Houston Texans - Dwayne Gratz, CB

The Texans could be looking for cornerback depth in this draft. You can never have too many good corners.

96. Kansas City Chiefs - TJ McDonald, S

Another safety next to Berry could be used. They could consider someone in the draft.

97. Tennessee Titans - Travis Frederick, OG/C

The Titans could look for a center/guard in this draft. They've done some to help the o-line already this offseason but they could look for another piece.

2014 NFL Mock Draft - Updated 12/30

Last edited by LeGarrettsBlunt on Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:31 am; edited 2 times in total
Raiiiiidersssss

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

would be a great Raiders draft, nice job
Forge

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Started off solid, then completely fell off a cliff for the niners. No safety drafted and that's our highest need. Round two is a major reach for bakhiatari, and we have possibly the best oline in football, all under contract foe at least two more years exvept our center. why would we burn a second rounder on a tackle who's a huge reach. Williams I could live with in the third, but we just traded for volt McCoy and have Scott tolzien still on roster, we arent picking a qb before round six

Two in harmony surpasses one in perfection - P3
INbengalfan

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No RB in the first three rounds means FAIL for the bengals. They won't be likely gouing LB early anymore with signing Harrison. So move safety up and grab a RB in the second.
BringinDaPain

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carolina will not draft Richardson over Vaccaro, also give us Jesse Williams or Warford over Armstead in the 2nd.

2012 DROY Winner - Luke Kuechly 164 tackles, 2 Int, 1 sack, 11 TFLs, 8 PD and 3 Fumble recoveries
Luke Kuechly - 2013 Defensive Player of the Year
desi22601

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could see it happening for the Eagles. Although in the 3rd I would really prefer if we grab DJ Hayden there. That would be great value.
JagsFanInNY

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jordan and Wreh-Wilson are great. Barkley, strictly from a value standpoint is also a great pick. I just think a guy like Nassib presents similar value but fits more with the offense likely to be run.
titwio

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Werner, Warford and Hayden = Woo Hoo!

Hayden in the 3rd round is a bit unrealistic but I won't won't fault you for effort... Very Happy
theindianstud12

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good Bears draft. Minter won't fall to us though.
Nobody

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would prefer Travis Frederick in the 3rd, played in a power scheme and can play G or C.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd love that Vikings draft.

ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't like it at all. Milliner is overrated and not worth the 10th pick in my opinion. Richardson should be the pick. I like Okafor but Carradine is better and should be the pick. With the repick of Jenkins no need for another DT, go with Kiko Alonso. Solid comp pick.
SOCalBearsFan54

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cooper and Minter would be amazing for the Bears. I doubt it happens though.

2013 Adopt a Bear: LT Jermon Bushrod#74
candyman93

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Terrible draft for Cleveland. Their two biggest needs are not even addressed.

The Man, The Myth, The Legend El Ramster
sodakcowboy78

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dallas already has rotational role players on the DL...they need starters from this draft...OG...OT...OC...DT...OLB...S and players that can come in and spell RB WR and TE....

Round 1...good pick...id still go with Cooper over Warmack...more athletic

Round 2...guys still on the board id look at taking over Hankins would be DE Carradine and S Phillip Thomas and id strongly look at RB Jonathan Franklin and WR Terrance Williams

Round 3...dont like Edwards here...no value...others id look at would be DT Brandon Williams and OG-C Travis Frederick...both starters on opening day

Peace

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: