Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

khodders It's a bit different aye, Mono Round Mock
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2014 NFL Mock Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
khodder


Moderator - MVP
Joined: 19 Dec 2005
Posts: 50208
Location: New New York
PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:40 pm    Post subject: khodders It's a bit different aye, Mono Round Mock Reply with quote

1. Kansas City (2-14) - Eric Fisher // OT // Central Michigan
2. Jacksonville (2-14) Dion Jordan // OLB // Oregon
3. Oakland (4-12) Geno Smith // QB // West Virginia
4. Philadelphia (4-12) Lane Johnson // OT // Oklahoma
5. Detroit (4-12) Luke Joeckel // OT // Texas A&M
6. Cleveland (5-11) Star Lotulelei // DT // Utah
7. Arizona (5-11) - Barkevious Mingo // OLB // LSU
8. Buffalo (6-10) Tavon Austin // WR // West Virginia
9. New York Jets (6-10) Ezekiel Ansah // DE // BYU
10. Tennessee (6-10) Kenny Vaccaro // S // Texas
11. San Diego (7-9) Menelik Watson // OT // Florida State
12. Miami (7-9) Dee Milliner // CB // Alabama
13. New York Jets from Tampa Bay (7-9) Xavier Rhodes // CB // Florida State
14. Carolina (7-9) - Shariff Floyd // DT // Florida
15. New Orleans (7-9) Jesse Williams // NT // Alabama
16. St. Louis (7-8-1) - Chance Warmack // OG // Alabama
17. Pittsburgh (8-8) - Jarvis Jones // OLB // Georgia
18. Dallas (8-8) - Johnathan Cooper // OG // North Carolina
19. New York Giants (9-7) - Sheldon Richardson // DT // Missouri
20. Chicago (10-6) Terron Armstead // OT // Arkansas Pine-Bluff
21. Cincinnati* (10-6) Arthur Brown // LB // Kansas State
22. St. Louis - from Washington* (10-6) Cordarralle Patterson // WR // Tennessee
23. Minnesota* (10-6) - Desmond Trufant // CB // Washington
24. Indianapolis* (11-5) Jonathan Cyprien // S // Florida International
25. Minnesota - from Seattle* (11-5) Bjeorn Werner // DE // Florida State
26. Green Bay* (11-5) Sylvester Williams // DL // North Carolina
27. Houston* (12-4) - Tyler Eifert // TE // Notre Dame
28. Denver* (13-3) - Cornelius Carradine // DE // Florida State
29. New England* (12-4) - Robert Woods // WR // USC
30. Atlanta* (13-3) - Jamar Taylor // CB // Boise State
31. San Francisco* (11-4-1) - Matt Elam // S // Florida
32. Baltimore* (10-6) - Kevin Minter // ILB // LSU


Note There will be trades during the draft, but I am not feeling up to predicting them right now; There are likely at least one, possibly two trades into the bottom of the first round for Quarterbacks. I could see any one of New York (Jets), Philadelphia or Buffalo trading up for a QB. One of the two Minnesota picks could be a popular destination, of course New England will be a spot that could be helpful for teams trading up as could Houston or Denver.
_________________
FFMD 2014 - ARIZONA CARDINALS GM - CLICK ME - YOU KNOW YOU WANT TO
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger
green24


Joined: 10 Apr 2010
Posts: 43038
PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doesn't make sense for the Jets to take a CB. We're fine with Cromartie and Wilson.
_________________
ANTHONY RECKER = LIFE
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JagsFanInNY


Joined: 25 Feb 2013
Posts: 1145
Location: Brooklyn, NY
PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
khodder


Moderator - MVP
Joined: 19 Dec 2005
Posts: 50208
Location: New New York
PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
Doesn't make sense for the Jets to take a CB. We're fine with Cromartie and Wilson.


Rhodes is the best CB in the draft, he has value at that position and when you play the likes of New England, Miami and Buffalo a lot, teams that will all use a lot of formations with 3 split receivers (Will involve a lot of TE use in New England, Marrone loved his 3 WR looks at Cuse and Philbin did both last year and in Green Bay) you need to be three deep with good corners today in the NFL.

Currently behind the two you mentioned there is nothing for the Jets at corner, and especially nothing you want to see playing ~45% of your teams defensive snaps. Add to that the fact that Cromartie gets very expensive in 2014 (Cap hit more than doubles) I could very easily see the Jets, under Izdik (but maybe against what Ryan would want) looking to the future somewhat with the selection of Rhodes, even though he will impact the team from day 1.
_________________
FFMD 2014 - ARIZONA CARDINALS GM - CLICK ME - YOU KNOW YOU WANT TO
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger
RedGreenShow


Joined: 06 Feb 2012
Posts: 1674
Location: Nati
PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have Burfict-Maualuga-Harrison starting in our base formation. Lamur will come in on passing downs and looked good last year. As much as i want Brown, we're not taking him. I don't think were taking one until the 4th, maybe 3rd round.

I think we're gonna go BPA between S, WR, G, DE, CB with the first pick.

With whats left on the board, i'd go:
1. Jonathan Cyprien
2. Jamar Taylor
3. Tank Carradine
4. Bjoern Werner
5. Elam

PS. Wheres Warmack??
_________________
[quote="YoursTruly"]He doesn't get the ball because he is shut down. Zero seperation. It is my understanding that Elite WR should be able to do this when their number is called. AJ gets shut down relatively easy.[/quote]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
IDOG_det


Joined: 02 Mar 2009
Posts: 20769
PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I prefer Ansah, but Joeckel is okay.
_________________


CWood21 wrote:
This anti-Teddy crap is getting out of hand.


R.I.P. Stylish
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
khodder


Moderator - MVP
Joined: 19 Dec 2005
Posts: 50208
Location: New New York
PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RedGreenShow wrote:
We have Burfict-Maualuga-Harrison starting in our base formation. Lamur will come in on passing downs and looked good last year. As much as i want Brown, we're not taking him. I don't think were taking one until the 4th, maybe 3rd round.

I think we're gonna go BPA between S, WR, G, DE, CB with the first pick.

With whats left on the board, i'd go:
1. Jonathan Cyprien
2. Jamar Taylor
3. Tank Carradine
4. Bjoern Werner
5. Elam

PS. Wheres Warmack??


Warmack is at 16th overall to the Rams.

I just like the value Brown adds, would be the best LB on that team the minute he arrives, and I get the feeling Harrison plays more with his hand in the dirt than he does as a SAM backer.

Either way there are going to be plenty of options there for the Bengals and it will all depend on the way their board falls. With my valuation of A] The current Bengals LB groups (Don't rate them than highly) and B] Arthur Brown (Top 15 value as a LB) it makes sense to slot him there to the Bengals.
_________________
FFMD 2014 - ARIZONA CARDINALS GM - CLICK ME - YOU KNOW YOU WANT TO
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger
joru1000


Joined: 23 Jan 2012
Posts: 2221
PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well that's a depressing vikings draft. i wonder if either of them will start during the season or if they'll be starting for this team in 4 years.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
green24


Joined: 10 Apr 2010
Posts: 43038
PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder wrote:
green24 wrote:
Doesn't make sense for the Jets to take a CB. We're fine with Cromartie and Wilson.


Rhodes is the best CB in the draft, he has value at that position and when you play the likes of New England, Miami and Buffalo a lot, teams that will all use a lot of formations with 3 split receivers (Will involve a lot of TE use in New England, Marrone loved his 3 WR looks at Cuse and Philbin did both last year and in Green Bay) you need to be three deep with good corners today in the NFL.

Currently behind the two you mentioned there is nothing for the Jets at corner, and especially nothing you want to see playing ~45% of your teams defensive snaps. Add to that the fact that Cromartie gets very expensive in 2014 (Cap hit more than doubles) I could very easily see the Jets, under Izdik (but maybe against what Ryan would want) looking to the future somewhat with the selection of Rhodes, even though he will impact the team from day 1.

We were able to have the #2 pass defense in the NFL last season with Antonio Cromartie, Kyle Wilson, and Ellis Lankster as our top three corners. I don't see why would we feel it to be a pressing need to find an upgrade over Wilson or Lankster. Kyle Wilson showed to be a fairly good #2 CB and Lankster was able to at least hold his own.

The AFC East in not really the division where you need three standout corners. The Patriots have Danny Amendola, Brandon Lloyd, and nothing else at WR. The Dolphins have Mike Wallace, Brian Hartline, and Davone Bess. The Bills have Stevie Johnson and nothing else. There are some very good TEs, but that just makes it more likely that we take a S early in the draft.

We're probably going to sign Cromartie to an extension next offseason. After we cut Sanchez and Holmes next offseason, we will have possibly upwards of $50 million in cap room. We can more than afford to sign Cromartie and Wilson to long-term extensions.
_________________
ANTHONY RECKER = LIFE
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
khodder


Moderator - MVP
Joined: 19 Dec 2005
Posts: 50208
Location: New New York
PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

joru1000 wrote:
well that's a depressing vikings draft. i wonder if either of them will start during the season or if they'll be starting for this team in 4 years.


I would expect Trufant to start day 1 opposite Cook with Robinson pushing Cook for a starting spot. All three will get plenty of time on the field with the pass happy offensive units of their division.

Werner is value and you can never have too many pass rushers.

Also as I mentioned I would expect one of those Minnesota picks to be the first place a team trading back into the first round for a QB will look.
_________________
FFMD 2014 - ARIZONA CARDINALS GM - CLICK ME - YOU KNOW YOU WANT TO
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger
RedGreenShow


Joined: 06 Feb 2012
Posts: 1674
Location: Nati
PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder wrote:
RedGreenShow wrote:
We have Burfict-Maualuga-Harrison starting in our base formation. Lamur will come in on passing downs and looked good last year. As much as i want Brown, we're not taking him. I don't think were taking one until the 4th, maybe 3rd round.

I think we're gonna go BPA between S, WR, G, DE, CB with the first pick.

With whats left on the board, i'd go:
1. Jonathan Cyprien
2. Jamar Taylor
3. Tank Carradine
4. Bjoern Werner
5. Elam

PS. Wheres Warmack??


Warmack is at 16th overall to the Rams.

I just like the value Brown adds, would be the best LB on that team the minute he arrives, and I get the feeling Harrison plays more with his hand in the dirt than he does as a SAM backer.

Either way there are going to be plenty of options there for the Bengals and it will all depend on the way their board falls. With my valuation of A] The current Bengals LB groups (Don't rate them than highly) and B] Arthur Brown (Top 15 value as a LB) it makes sense to slot him there to the Bengals.


I absolutely agree, and i hope you're right.
_________________
[quote="YoursTruly"]He doesn't get the ball because he is shut down. Zero seperation. It is my understanding that Elite WR should be able to do this when their number is called. AJ gets shut down relatively easy.[/quote]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
khodder


Moderator - MVP
Joined: 19 Dec 2005
Posts: 50208
Location: New New York
PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
Text Wall


All well and good, but teams do not operate on probably extensions. Who would you select there? Becasue honestly outside of Rhodes I think the next option is Manuel/Nassib.
_________________
FFMD 2014 - ARIZONA CARDINALS GM - CLICK ME - YOU KNOW YOU WANT TO
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger
green24


Joined: 10 Apr 2010
Posts: 43038
PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder wrote:
green24 wrote:
Text Wall


All well and good, but teams do not operate on probably extensions. Who would you select there? Becasue honestly outside of Rhodes I think the next option is Manuel/Nassib.

Probably Cooper. If this was real life, I would love to trade down for Jonathan Cyprien.
_________________
ANTHONY RECKER = LIFE
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Forge


Joined: 19 Feb 2010
Posts: 6443
PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wrong safety prospect for the niners. Don't think Elam is even on our board. Haven't talked to him, worked him out or anything. He's too small
_________________


Two in harmony surpasses one in perfection - P3
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
candyman93


Joined: 02 Dec 2009
Posts: 40385
PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why on Earth would Cleveland take Star?
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2014 NFL Mock Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group