Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

khodders It's a bit different aye, Mono Round Mock
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

candyman93 wrote:
Why on Earth would Cleveland take Star?

Value, Schematic Fit, Talent.

Ability to be the #1 overall pick. Fits perfectly at any of the three spots on the DL that Ray Horton wants to use, Rubin fits one, and that one will play ~35% of the snaps. Taylor is coming back from Injury and could play NT/some End.

Star provides versatility and the ability to play 85%+ of the snaps across three spots on the DL. Allows depth to rotate in during better and more familiar situations.

Conductor of the Keith Wenning bandwagon.
Zach Hodges is a 1st Round Pick in 2015.
clvbrowns

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

there is like 6 positions the browns have no interest in drafting with their first round pick.. kicker/punter obviously..dt. ot rb and center
candyman93

Location: The Man, The Myth, The Legend El Ramster on the sig
PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder wrote:
candyman93 wrote:
Why on Earth would Cleveland take Star?

Value, Schematic Fit, Talent.

Ability to be the #1 overall pick. Fits perfectly at any of the three spots on the DL that Ray Horton wants to use, Rubin fits one, and that one will play ~35% of the snaps. Taylor is coming back from Injury and could play NT/some End.

Star provides versatility and the ability to play 85%+ of the snaps across three spots on the DL. Allows depth to rotate in during better and more familiar situations.

It just seems like you saw Star falling and just plugged him in to a random team. Our d-line looks like: Taylor---Rubin---Bryant

We are definetly deep with Hughes and Winn too.

sdrawkcab321 wrote:
It'll be a cold day in hell when I read a thread title.
ninjapirate

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Lane makes a lot of sense for the eagles.

Thanks Kilty
RainbowCarebear wrote:
Was the dog eating the child?
khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

candyman93 wrote:
It just seems like you saw Star falling and just plugged him in to a random team. Our d-line looks like: Taylor---Rubin---Bryant

As I said though, Rubin will play ~35% of snaps as a true nose. Your #3 CB will play more snaps than your nose tackle. Winn and Hughes are good as depth and Bryant is not a guy you really want playing in your 2-4-5 sets (60%+)

Star provides a big upgrade on the DL at a position that is hard to find truly elite talent.

Star and Taylor are going to be your top two on the DL. Rubin will play NT on 3 down linemen fronts. Winn and Bryant are depth rotating in (25% of the snaps across the front line between the two) and Hughes is likely the last cab off the rank.

You WILL use 6+ DL in a game with Horton running the D.

1BackInBlackFan

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perfect pick.

Many thanks to UniversalAuthor on the reigning MVP's sig!
The OUTLAW

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why in the name of all that is holy would the Browns take a DT?

Vince Lombardi
The OUTLAW

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder wrote:
candyman93 wrote:

As I said though, Rubin will play ~35% of snaps as a true nose. Your #3 CB will play more snaps than your nose tackle. Winn and Hughes are good as depth and Bryant is not a guy you really want playing in your 2-4-5 sets (60%+)

Star provides a big upgrade on the DL at a position that is hard to find truly elite talent.

Star and Taylor are going to be your top two on the DL. Rubin will play NT on 3 down linemen fronts. Winn and Bryant are depth rotating in (25% of the snaps across the front line between the two) and Hughes is likely the last cab off the rank.

You WILL use 6+ DL in a game with Horton running the D.

No matter how you try to justify you are just flat out horribly and inexorably wrong.

Vince Lombardi
khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The OUTLAW wrote:
No matter how you try to justify you are just flat out horribly and inexorably wrong.

I guess we will see come Thursday Night then.

All I am saying is the value is there, the scheme fit is there, there is room to upgrade the position and it is a position that is tough to find players as good as this guy.

All signs point to the Browns at least being interested in him.

candyman93

Location: The Man, The Myth, The Legend El Ramster on the sig
PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the record Khoder, I think Star is a great player. I see absolutely nothing wrong with your opinion on him as a player because I will probably agree with you.

It's just what you're suggesting would be like me saying Arizona should draft a WR with pick 7.

sdrawkcab321 wrote:
It'll be a cold day in hell when I read a thread title.
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty awful Vikings draft.

Desmond Trufant does not fit a Tampa 2 scheme. The Vikes prefer physical CBs who have a presencei n the run game. This isnt Trufant. Jamar Taylor would be a better pick.

Bjoern Werner is an awful pick. The Vikings 4th DE doesnt isnt even active on game day, and Werner wont surpass Allen, Griffen or Robison.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Horrible. The Titans have no need for a safety especially an overrated one like Vaccaro. Richardson should be the pick,
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great Steelers pick, although pretty much the one everyone is predicting.
khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

candyman93 wrote:
For the record Khoder, I think Star is a great player. I see absolutely nothing wrong with your opinion on him as a player because I will probably agree with you.

It's just what you're suggesting would be like me saying Arizona should draft a WR with pick 7.

Not really. Wide Receivers are a position that holds little value. The defensive line in a Horton system is arguably the most important part of the unit (aside from your #1 CB). Rubin is not going to stay in on 5 DB sets because he lacks the requiste penetration skills. Taylor is coming off a big time injury. Bryant is a positional conversion player who may or may not be ready to fill the role that Horton wants him to not to mention he has the Criminal Mischeif charge and impending lawsuit (Any developments)

The Arizona DL last season routeinely went thought 6/7 DL players a game.

Campbell and Dockett were the guys that played in the 5 DB sets in Arizona, Dan Williams was lucky to play 40% of the snaps (Rubin) and then you had Talley/Holiday/Eason/Carter and Lumpkin that all got playing time behind them on a rotational basis.

The Browns drafting Star would be like Arizona drafting a corner. It may not be an immediate need, but it is an important position and it could use an upgrade, especially when an elite player presents itself.

meixdaddy_10

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
Pretty awful Vikings draft.

Desmond Trufant does not fit a Tampa 2 scheme. The Vikes prefer physical CBs who have a presencei n the run game. This isnt Trufant. Jamar Taylor would be a better pick.

Bjoern Werner is an awful pick. The Vikings 4th DE doesnt isnt even active on game day, and Werner wont surpass Allen, Griffen or Robison.

I agree that Taylor may be a better fit and Im all for it, I just think Trufant gives us more flexibility to change some of our coverage schemes..Just like adding Harrison helped us in going with some cover 3.

As far as Werner is concerned, he will be our #3 DE come next year. We are obviously not resigning all 3 of our 2014 FA DE's next year and will need someone to step in to the rotation day 1. He will be able to get some snaps in this year with us rotating our D-line like we do, plus he will get some Special Teams action.

I would actually rather go Tank Carradine over Werner as I feel he has a higher upside and more versatility than Werner.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: