Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Second Attempt at a Mock 2 rounds (4/21)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GatorCam

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:38 am    Post subject: Second Attempt at a Mock 2 rounds (4/21) Reply with quote

My first go round was shot down pretty good, so here's my revision:

FIRST ROUND

1. Kansas City Chiefs- OT Luke Joeckel (Texas A&M)
- Some say the Chiefs love Eric Fisher here but honestly I can't see them passing up Joeckel. He'll start immediately on that OL.

2. Jacksonville Jaguars- DE/OLB Dion Jordan (Oregon)
- I like Geno Smith here for the Jags considering they did nothing in free agency to help their QB situation. However, the Jags need help everywhere. Jordan would help their defense the second he's drafted.

3. Oakland Raiders- DE/DT Sharrif Floyd (Florida)
- I don't really have an explanation for this pick. The Raiders could go a number of different ways. They could go Fisher here but I don't think they can afford to pass up Floyd/Star/Ansah. Floyd will help their pass rush.

4. Philadelphia Eagles- OT Eric Fisher (Central Michigan)
- From what I've read, this pick will come down to Fisher and Star. Star can play anywhere on the DL in a 34 defense. However, Fisher cannot be passed up. He'll start day one for the Eagles.

5. Detroit Lions- DE Ezekiel Ansah (BYU)
- The Lions have a few glaring needs (offensive tackle/defensive end/cornerback), so I think this pick comes down to Ansah and Lane Johnson. If the Eagles pass on Fisher and take Star, this is where Fisher goes. The Lions biggest need is tackle but this draft is full of offensive linemen and they are apparently in love with Ansah.

*Trade* 6. Miami Dolphins (From CLE)- OT Lane Johnson (Oklahoma)
- The Dolphins and Chargers are jockeying for this spot to trade up with the Browns to take Johnson. The Browns are in love with Dee Milliner, but this is too high for him. The Dolphins have two second round picks so they'll use one to move up for Johnson (as well as another pick or two).

7. Arizona Cardinals- OG Chance Warmack (Alabama)
- I've read where the Cards are high on Star. I've also read that this is Johnson's fall spot. He won't get past the Cardinals if the Browns keep their pick and take Milliner at 6. Star would be a good fit for the Cards but he doesn't necessarily fill a need. Yes, the top three tackles are off the board but that OL needs work. They can pick up a tackle later, but they pick up the best guard in the draft at 7.

8. Buffalo Bills- WR Tavon Austin (West Virginia)
- This pick comes down to two teammates. Geno Smith is obviously going to drop, and he could drop like a rock if someone doesn't make a move for him. I'm not buying Ryan Nassib or EJ Manuel here...that's ridiculous. Austin however will improve their offense, and I believe one of those other two QB's will be there in the second.

9. New York Jets- QB Geno Smith (West Virginia)
- I honestly don't like this pick. But if the draft falls this way, I doubt they will pass on Geno. The Jets need some serious help at QB, WR, TE, OG, OLB, and S. If the Bills pass on Austin at 8 then I think the Jets will take him at 9. If Austin and Geno are gone then this pick could honestly be one of the guards (Warmack/Cooper). There is a given here though, I really think that one of these picks (9/13) will be Barkevious Mingo. Even if Geno is there I could see the Jets taking Mingo at 9.

10. Tennessee Titans- DE/DT Star Lotulelei (Utah)
- I love this pick for the Titans. He'll help at tackle immediately and could play some at end as well to spell Morgan/Wimbley. This pick will come down to the DL, Dee Milliner, or one of the OG's. The Titans apparently love Jonathon Cooper but I can't see two guards in the top ten, and 5 OL total.

11. San Diego Chargers- OG Jonathon Cooper (North Carolina)
- The Chargers need to address their OL. Cooper won't get past them at 11. This is an OL heavy draft.

12. Cleveland Browns (From MIA)- CB Dee Milliner (Alabama)
- The Browns really lucked out. They traded back to 12 to get more picks and still got the top player on their board. Milliner will be a Titan if Star is off the board. In that case this pick becomes Kenny Vaccaro.

13. New York Jets (From TB)- DE/OLB Barkevious Mingo (LSU)
- This pick is simple. There's not an OG worth taking here and it's too early to take Eifert or Ertz at TE. This comes down to Barkevious Mingo/Cordarrelle Patterson/Kenny Vaccaro. I really like Patterson, but this class is deep at WR and there's probably not a player later on that will help their defense like Mingo will. The Jets still nailed their first two picks.

14. Carolina Panthers- DE/DT Sheldon Richardson (Missouri)
- This is probably the most mocked player to one team in this draft. I like Richardson, I think he'll be a force as a rookie. The Panthers actually get to pick from their top three targets: Richardson/Xavier Rhodes/Kenny Vaccaro. They need some serious help at corner and safety, but Richardson is too good to pass up at 14...and they can get a defensive back in round two.

15. New Orleans Saints- OT DJ Fluker (Alabama)
- The Saints need to protect Drew Brees and their left tackle spot keeps their fans up at night. Fluker is a great looking prospect who will probably come in and start.

16. St. Louis Rams- MLB Alec Ogletree (Georgia)
- I don't necessarily agree with this pick either, but apparently the Rams love Ogletree. They could really use Cordarrelle Patterson but honestly he could be there at their next first round pick. They could also really use a safety here and Kenny Vaccaro is still on the board. My head says Patterson or Vaccaro, but the Rams opt for Ogletree.

17. Pittsburgh Steelers- OLB Jarvis Jones (Georgia)
- I'm one of the guys who thinks JJ could be the best player in this class. He'll immediately help out where James Harrison left off.

18. Dallas Cowboys- S Kenny Vaccaro (Texas)
- The Cowboys really lucked out. I know they want to address their OL in round one but Cooper and Fluker are already off the board. Vaccaro slips even though he could go as high as the Titans at 10. This will help out their secondary a lot. Vaccaro is going to be a good pro in my opinion.

19. New York Giants- DE Tank Carradine (Florida State)
- Carradine is soaring up draft boards. The Giants could use some help replacing Osi Umenyiora. I think they'll take one of the FSU DE's.

20. Chicago Bears- TE Tyler Eifert (Notre Dame)
- Chicago wants an OL or a linebacker but Ogletree is gone and Fluker is off the board too. Eifert becomes Cutler's safety net for the next few years.

21. Cincinnati Bengals- WR Cordarrelle Patterson (Tennessee)
- Uh oh. The Bengals could have added a second pro-bowl receiver to their roster. I don't understand the deal with Patterson dropping. I think he'll be a great pro. The Bengals really need some help at safety but Patterson can't be passed up. They need a compliment to AJ Green and they probably got the best receiver in the class at 21.

22. St. Louis Rams- WR DeAndre Hopkins (Clemson)
- The Rams are on pins and needles hoping for Patterson to fall one more spot. Doesn't happen though. However, Hopkins had a workout with the Rams recently and they really loved it. Hopkins will be a force in the pros. He's a good looking prospect. He'll become Sam Bradford's new favorite target.

23. Minnesota Vikings- CB Xavier Rhodes (Florida State)
- This is probably where Rhodes belongs all along. Most have Rhodes coming off the board at 14 to the Panthers or have him going as high as the Titans at 10. I think he falls on draft day. The Vikings really want a corner early in this draft, even though they have bigger needs at WR, MLB, and DT.

24. Indianapolis Colts- DE/DT Datone Jones (UCLA)
- The Colts need some help on their DL. Yes, they need a WR too but Jones is a great value here. This pick comes down to Jones/Bjoern Werner/Keenan Allen/Justin Hunter.

25. Minnesota Vikings- MLB Manti Te'o (Notre Dame)
- He fits the Vikings defense really well, and the Vikings are mocked to get him here just about everywhere. I think Te'o could be a good pro. He's got the talent he just needs to be put in the right situation. The Vikings really improve their defense in round one, better believe their next pick will be a WR or a DT.

26. Green Bay Packers- WR Justin Hunter (Tennessee)
- The Packers lost Greg Jennings, so Hunter could come in and make some noise immediately. Hunter would probably be the most talented receiver on the roster. Giving Aaron Rodgers another target will only make the NFC North even harder to win.

27. Houston Texans- OT Menelik Watson (Florida State)
- I don't even think that Watson is a first round draft pick. But the receivers are off the board and Houston flirted with some tackles last year. Keenan Allen could be the pick but I just don't see it. Watson is a value pick.

28. Denver Broncos- DE Bjoern Werner (Florida State)
- Once again, a top prospect falls. I think Werner could be the best DE prospect in this class. He's a got a quick first step. The Broncos need to plug in someone where Elvis Dumervil was, Werner will help out.

29. New England Patriots- CB Jamar Taylor (Boise State)
- The Pats always get the player they want. They love Taylor. The corners and safeties seem to always be the Pats downfalls lately. This pick is a no brainer.

30. Atlanta Falcons- CB Desmond Trufant (Washington)
- I think this is a great value for Trufant. The Falcons have a hole at corner so Trufant will get some burn right away.

31. San Francisco 49ers- S Jonathon Cyprien (Florida International)
- I mocked Matt Elam here last time, and considering the 49ers aren't really looking for a smaller safety and they didn't even bring him in for a visit, I think they jump on Cyprien who can help right away.

32. Baltimore Ravens- MLB Kevin Minter (LSU)
- This pick comes down to Kevin Minter/Matt Elam/Keenan Allen. All three will help the Ravens who have holes at all three positions. The WR class is deep so they can get one later on, the Ravens just have to be on pins and needles that the safety they want at the end of round two is there.

SECOND ROUND

33. Jacksonville Jaguars- OT Kyle Long (Oregon)
34. San Francisco 49ers- DE Margus Hunt (SMU)
35. Philadelphia Eagles- QB EJ Manuel (Florida State)
36. Detroit Lions- OT Justin Pugh (Syracuse)
37. Cincinnati Bengals- S Matt Elam (Florida)
38. Arizona Cardinals- DE/OLB Alex Okafor (Texas)
39. New York Jets- WR Keenan Allen (California)
40. Tennessee Titans- OG Larry Warford (Kentucky)
41. Buffalo Bills- QB Ryan Nassib (Syracuse)
42. Miami Dolphins- CB DJ Hayden (Houston)
43. Tampa Bay Buccaneers- TE Zach Ertz (Stanford)
44. Carolina Panthers- CB Johnthan Banks (Mississippi State)
45. San Diego Chargers- OT Terron Armstrong (Arkansas Pine-Bluff)
46. St. Louis Rams- S Eric Reid (LSU)
47. Dallas Cowboys- OT Barrett Jones (Alabama)
48. Pittsburgh Steelers- RB Eddie Lacy (Alabama)
49. New York Giants- OLB Arthur Brown (Kansas State)
50. Chicago Bears- DT Sylvester Williams (North Carolina)
51. Washington Redskins- S DJ Swearinger (South Carolina)
52. Minnesota Vikings- WR Robert Woods (Southern Cal)
53. Cincinnati Bengals- DT Jesse Williams (Alabama)
54. Cleveland Browns- DE/OLB Damontre Moore (Texas A&M)
55. Green Bay Packers- DT Johnathon Jenkins (Georgia)
56. Seattle Seahawks- WR Quinton Patton (Louisiana Tech)
57. Houston Texans- MLB Kiko Alonso (Oregon)
58. Denver Broncos- DT Kawann Short (Purdue)
59. New England Patriots- WR Markus Wheaton (Oregon State)
60. Atlanta Falcons- DT Johnathon Hankins (Ohio State)
61. San Francisco 49ers- CB Darius Slay (Mississippi State)
62. Baltimore Ravens- S Phillip Thomas (Fresno State)
theindianstud12

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Solid Bears Draft
Swaps

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love it.

perfect draft for the Vikings.

"the more I like you, the more I want to smash your face into the ground." -- Jared Allen
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
1BackInBlackFan

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Outstanding picks for the Steelers.

Many thanks to UniversalAuthor for Big Ben's sig
redsoxsuck314

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good Giants draft.

University of Maryland Class of 2014

It feels good to be a champ.
aceinthehouse

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I were the Jets & the Vikings want to trade up to #9.

I would trade that #9 & parlay that into both of Vikings 1st rounders.
#23 &25.

Giving the jets the #13, #23 & #25 in the 1st rd.
Jets could add some serious talent that way, if they draft smart.

Probably not getting Geno Smith @13, but if he's there...you do it.
If he's not there...You target CB Milliner, WR Austin or possibly DE/OLB Barkevious Mingo as this draft indicates.

Then @23, you try to trade down again. Possibly into the late first or top of the 2nd, adding an additional 2nd rounder or 3rd rounder. (cause you know your sitting at 25 and your player your targeting in that area is safe)

@25, you target the QB you want, if GENO was gone.
I would go E.J Manuel here. (You could wait on the next pick, but you risk losing him)
If Milliner was gone, you target Xavier Rhodes like this draft.
Or perhaps one of the WR's in Patterson or Hopkins is sitting here, if Austin was gone earlier.

Then on next pick. (where you traded down from 23)
I would go best available player here.

If the jets are smart and listen to trade offers, they could potentially improve their team greatly, as i think the talent level in 20's & 30's is not that MUCH lower than the top 10 talent level, imo.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh... http://sdg.scout.com/2/1285258.html
Quote:

The Vikings have the ammunition to move up in the draft, but the latest rumor may have some holes in it. We examine the report, from the league’s official site nonetheless, that the Vikings are looking to trade up. Read More...

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would sig bet you that the Jets will NOT draft Geno if he is available at either 9 or 13.....the pick makes absolutely zero sense.

AAJ Mark Sanchez
1 Torn Labrum
FalconFan13

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats a very solid draft for the Falcons overall.

Giants had an amazing draft imo they got 2 of my fav. players in the draft.

I personally would have went with Brown in the 1st at 30 then Slay in the 2nd at 60. But thats just because i have Brown as a top 20 player and Slay as a very early 2nd round value at CB.
pv3Hpv3p

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xavier Rhodes
Manti T'eo
Robert Woods

That would be a great draft for MN

Jarvis Jones
Eddie Lacy

Would really plug some holes for the Steelers too
pv3Hpv3p

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

aceinthehouse wrote:
Oh... http://sdg.scout.com/2/1285258.html
Quote:

The Vikings have the ammunition to move up in the draft, but the latest rumor may have some holes in it. We examine the report, from the league’s official site nonetheless, that the Vikings are looking to trade up. Read More...

The article itself says absolutely nothing about trading up except for the fact that they have the pieces to do it. This draft doesn't have the talent necessary to give away picks to move up unless you are a team already loaded with talent like the 9ers, not one with glaring holes like MN.
Forge

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cyprien is solid, much better fit than Elam. Don't like Hunt, but everyone loves mocking him to us. We haven't worked him out, nor have we talked with him, so unlikely we will take him, which makes me happy. Slay at 61 is good value. You touched on our biggest needs so that is solid

Two in harmony surpasses one in perfection - P3

Last edited by Forge on Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:05 am; edited 1 time in total
INbengalfan

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love the first two Bengals choices. Patterson would do wonders helping get Green open looks. Elam is a great pick as well. At 53, I doubt they go DT. Yes, we lost Sims, but still have Devin Still and Brandon thompson from last year's class. That said, the pick should be Bernard or Franklin. We need RBs, and there's no reason not to grab one here.
Jason_Bengal_Fl

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

INbengalfan wrote:
Love the first two Bengals choices. Patterson would do wonders helping get Green open looks. Elam is a great pick as well. At 53, I doubt they go DT. Yes, we lost Sims, but still have Devin Still and Brandon thompson from last year's class. That said, the pick should be Bernard or Franklin. We need RBs, and there's no reason not to grab one here.

Agreed.

Although I have real doubts the Bengals will take Patterson.
JagsFanInNY

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jordan and Long certainly would not be an awful haul in the first 2 rounds.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: