You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.


 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Jets Cut Tim Tebow
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 19, 20, 21  Next
 
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Shockey1979


Joined: 02 Sep 2005
Posts: 25333
Location: RI/MA
PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JAX Troll 90 wrote:

...but, see? Subtract the "just wins games" doo-doo, and we're saying the same thing.


Not really. Your saying he is an awful NFL QB period.

I am saying he is a poor orthodox NFL QB. However with a system tailored to his skillset he could be a successful NFL QB with what he can do with his athleticism. It may be ugly but I think he could win games in the right system. What the Broncos ran for him was rather patchwork but it took enough advantage of his skills to equate to a winning formula. Granted the Pats surely figured it out. A team committed to TT, with an entire offseason to get the offense set around him and I think you would see a major improvement in his efficiency. He's never going to be accurate. His mechanics are to far off to ever be any sort of pocket passer. But as long as he possesses his athleticism he could be successful in the right system with the dual threat and the big play ability.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
torch1980


Joined: 15 Jan 2009
Posts: 356
Location: Republic, PA
PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Malik wrote:
sayheykid wrote:
In related news of the completely predictable, ESPN has been covering the release of a backup QB for the past fifty minutes nonstop.


And then they're confused why no one wants to pick him up.


Pretty much. They once bitched about people complaining about the tebow coverage claiming its the watchers fault as if we are the owners of espn.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JDLefebvre


Moderator
Joined: 23 Mar 2006
Posts: 26443
Location: Midway PA
PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

seminoles1 wrote:
FootballProdiG wrote:
yankee0724 wrote:
Heisman winning, two time national championship winning, SEC leading passer before 2011 gets released and gets a 15 page thread...
fify
Why are you so obsessed with his college accomplishments? You do this over and over and over thinking that what he did 6 years ago against Vanderbilt and Kentucky is somehow relevant to what he is now in the NFL.


You are right but in this case ProdiG has a slight point.... those things in bold are a part of why Tebow being released is such big news.
_________________
Stay low boys.... keep those feet moving!
KCCO!!!
"oderint dum metuant"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Shockey1979


Joined: 02 Sep 2005
Posts: 25333
Location: RI/MA
PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shawn wrote:

Maybe hate isn't even the right word. But you know what I mean I think.


I'm damn sure I know what you mean. But I'm not buying that your despise of him isn't influencing your ability to view him objectively.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JAX Troll 90


Joined: 15 Jan 2008
Posts: 762
Location: 460
PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shockey1979 wrote:
JAX Troll 90 wrote:

...but, see? Subtract the "just wins games" doo-doo, and we're saying the same thing.


Not really. Your saying he is an inefficient NFL QB period.

FIFY.

Shockey1979 wrote:
A team committed to TT, with an entire offseason to get the offense set around him and I think you would see a major improvement in his efficiency. He's never going to be accurate. His mechanics are to far off to ever be any sort of pocket passer.

So we commit the entire team to an inefficient model to improve the player's efficiency?

"Wanted: Tail to wag dog." (Said no one ever.)
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
shawn


Joined: 02 Nov 2005
Posts: 6137
PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shockey1979 wrote:
shawn wrote:

Maybe hate isn't even the right word. But you know what I mean I think.


I'm damn sure I know what you mean. But I'm not buying that your despise of him isn't influencing your ability to view him objectively.


Despise? I said that hate wasn't even the right word, and now I despise him?

The guy bugs me, plain and simple, but I don't let my personal options on him effect my evaluation of his game. Tom Brady also annoys me, almost as much as Tebow, but it doesn't make me think less of him as a QB.

Is it really that hard to believe that people can think Tebow is a bad football player and get annoyed by his personality?
_________________

sig made by mike23md
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
FootballProdiG


Joined: 16 Sep 2012
Posts: 14378
Location: The Draft War Room
PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

seminoles1 wrote:
FootballProdiG wrote:
yankee0724 wrote:
Heisman winning, two time national championship winning, SEC leading passer before 2011 gets released and gets a 15 page thread...
fify
Why are you so obsessed with his college accomplishments? You do this over and over and over thinking that what he did 6 years ago against Vanderbilt and Kentucky is somehow relevant to what he is now in the NFL.


Because they matter. People need to realize he did this for 4 years already at the highest level and succeeded. He was better than 5 starting QB's in the NFL, and has a record of work to prove it. In the NFL and in College.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
green24


Joined: 10 Apr 2010
Posts: 47615
PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FootballProdiG wrote:
yankee0724 wrote:
Heisman winning, two time national championship winning, SEC leading passer before 2011 gets released and gets a 15 page thread...



fify

That does not matter. This is NFL News, not College Football News.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JAX Troll 90


Joined: 15 Jan 2008
Posts: 762
Location: 460
PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FootballProdiG wrote:
seminoles1 wrote:
FootballProdiG wrote:
yankee0724 wrote:
Heisman winning, two time national championship winning, SEC leading passer before 2011 gets released and gets a 15 page thread...
fify
Why are you so obsessed with his college accomplishments? You do this over and over and over thinking that what he did 6 years ago against Vanderbilt and Kentucky is somehow relevant to what he is now in the NFL.


Because they matter. People need to realize he did this for 4 years already at the highest level and succeeded. He was better than 5 starting QB's in the NFL, and has a record of work to prove it. In the NFL and in College.



ESPN has a sports talk show that reminds people of the awards Tebow has won. It's called SportsCenter—or is it First Take? Mike and Mike? ESPNews?

I forget, but suffice to say we'll all have a hard time plucking our eyeballs out with a...I mean, forgetting him.

People need to realize that Percy Harvin, Aaron Hernandez, and the Pouncey brothers were just a few of Tebow's college teammates.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Iggles


Joined: 22 Jun 2005
Posts: 26051
Location: Brooklyn
PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FootballProdiG wrote:
seminoles1 wrote:
FootballProdiG wrote:
yankee0724 wrote:
Heisman winning, two time national championship winning, SEC leading passer before 2011 gets released and gets a 15 page thread...
fify
Why are you so obsessed with his college accomplishments? You do this over and over and over thinking that what he did 6 years ago against Vanderbilt and Kentucky is somehow relevant to what he is now in the NFL.


Because they matter. People need to realize he did this for 4 years already at the highest level and succeeded. He was better than 5 starting QB's in the NFL, and has a record of work to prove it. In the NFL and in College.


They really don't. He wasn't successful at the highest level. He was successful at the second highest level.

Lots of talented guys in college can't hack it in the pros. Tebow's one of them.

If Tebow had the record of work to prove what you say it has, he would be playing QB for an NFL team.
_________________
Kelly Link wrote:
Television characters almost always have better haircuts, funnier friends, simpler attitudes toward sex. They marry magicians, win lotteries, have affairs with women who carry guns in their purses.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mfw096


Joined: 11 Feb 2007
Posts: 2936
Location: UNLV
PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Either way I think a team should bring Tebow in. So what if he doesn't play much, but he will bring people to the seats and a bunch of sales to go with that.

He isn't going to demand high money, but I think he deserves a chance because he surely didn't get one in New York.
_________________
Adopt a Buc:
2012 - Doug Martin
2013 - Darrelle Revis
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mfw096


Joined: 11 Feb 2007
Posts: 2936
Location: UNLV
PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The dude is a proven winner.
_________________
Adopt a Buc:
2012 - Doug Martin
2013 - Darrelle Revis
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
green24


Joined: 10 Apr 2010
Posts: 47615
PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mfw096 wrote:
The dude is a proven winner.

Laughing

He has proven to not even be close to an NFL caliber QB.

It is clear as day that Tim Tebow is not and never will be capable of playing the QB position at an even respectable level. Anyone who thinks otherwise is just fooling themselves by creating this fantasy of this nice guy being able to just win. The notion that he gives any NFL team a better chance of winning than someone who can actually throw a football is just laughable. No credible argument can be made that Tim Tebow that deserves to start another NFL at the QB position.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mcmurtry86


Joined: 02 Mar 2010
Posts: 32062
PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FootballProdiG wrote:
seminoles1 wrote:
FootballProdiG wrote:
yankee0724 wrote:
Heisman winning, two time national championship winning, SEC leading passer before 2011 gets released and gets a 15 page thread...
fify
Why are you so obsessed with his college accomplishments? You do this over and over and over thinking that what he did 6 years ago against Vanderbilt and Kentucky is somehow relevant to what he is now in the NFL.


Because they matter. People need to realize he did this for 4 years already at the highest level and succeeded. He was better than 5 starting QB's in the NFL, and has a record of work to prove it. In the NFL and in College.


College means nothing. Most great college QB's stink in the NFL. Tebow is one of them.

His record of work in the NFL is laughable. If you can only complete 47-48% of your passes, you don't belong in the NFL.

The thing about Tebow is, very (very) few of his supporters ever say something like "well, he stinks now, but maybe if he fixed X or adjusted Y he could be good".

All we hear is "he's better than the worst starting QB's in the NFL", "he's such a good guy!", "he's a 'winner'" "Heismans, SEC and National Championships oh my!".

As a thrower, he is awful and unless someone is willing to present a sound argument as to why and how he will improve as a thrower, it should just be assumed that Tebow has no business as an NFL QB.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DudeWhat??


Joined: 01 Dec 2010
Posts: 986
PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

plan9misfit wrote:
DudeWhat?? wrote:
DontTazeMeBro wrote:
Jaguarfan wrote:
DontTazeMeBro wrote:
Jaguarfan wrote:
pleasegototennesseepleasegototennessee
DontTazeMeBro wrote:
Gives you a much better chance of winning than most of the backups and about a third of the league's starters.

Laughing Definitely not


It's pretty much a fact.

It definitely isn't a fact. But good luck thinking that.


Well. I did think it. And he kept winning. Meanwhile everyone of your mindset swore it wasn't sustainable, wouldn't last. No way he can beat Pittsburgh. And he kept making them look dumb. So no luck needed.



This is true..but the ravens have a good back up in Tyrod. You see, what you fail to understand is that denver went all in on Tebow..even the freaking defense was tailored after and for him. THe offense was heavy run with option and PA pass so he can toss it deep to Thomas....If you think they did a good job....then the ravens would knock your socks off if they did the same thing with tyrod. if the ravens lost flacco early in the year..and decided to truly tailor and shape the Offense in Tyrods favor..OMG..i would have to stop watching Football because the superbowl would be yours...again! Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad


Um, no it wouldn't. The Ravens would turn into a 5 win team. The reason Denver did well with Tebow was because that defense held teams to something like 10 points per game, so Tebow didn't have to do anything.

And Tyrod Taylor? Really? The guy was garbage at Va Tech and he's a garbage player now.

Quote:
So while i agree with you..no ..tyrod is a better back up than tebow...infact..tyrod is better than alot of starters now..like Kolb, Foles, and he hasn't even got a real chance to play and he is already better than those starters.


I would not say that Tyrod Taylor is better than either Kolb or Foles. And Kolb sucks. Foles has potential. Taylor doesn't.



Yeah and the D helped them win..Ravens D do that already...

Tyrod was awesome at vT ..set records and won games..ask Suh Laughing Foles does have potential.....to suck. and yes Taylor has more potential than both...and was a better qb in college than both.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 19, 20, 21  Next
Page 16 of 21

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group