Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Jets Cut Tim Tebow
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 19, 20, 21  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
spilltray

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shockey1979 wrote:
Gridirongreat#9 wrote:
My old college teammate is his QB coach. He has a lot of good things to say in the podcast, along with Steve Young.

http://www.xtra910.com/cc-common/podcast/single_page.html?podcast=interviews&selected_podcast=4-29_Dennis_Gile_PODCAST_1367278682_25101.mp3#.UX9ookHG5UA.facebook

Quote:
"Most NFL teams think he can't throw the ball well, well they are mistaken because he throws the ball very well" Dennis Gile.

Just wondering if any of the haters actually listened to this Podcast?

I don't believe it. All of the film out there on him proves it. Every offseason all the way back to at Florida before he even left for the NFL there has been hullabaloo about Tebow "working hard to fix his mechanics", but in the end when push comes to shove and the games are live, it looks the same as always. I'm not even sure that it's ALL throwing motion. His reads and his decisiveness are questionable as well. This is the same tripe that's been said again and again and I don't see any to expect "but this time it's different!" to hold any truth.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
iknowcool

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He doesn't throw the ball well, though.
Thelonebillsfan

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We wen't through the same thing before the 2010 draft.

He revamped his throwing mechanics but they didn't stick. He ALWAYS reverts to his old motion because it's muscle memory and habit. It's always "worked" for him so eventually he just sticks with it during the season. He doesn't throw the ball well, it's not a misconception it's a fact. A fact reinforced by the fact that he's still without a job.

The team he's working with is supposed to sell him, what else would they say? "Oh god yeah he can't throw at all nobody should sign him."? That's ridiculous to assume that the people he's working with wouldn't support him.

Adopt a Bill: WR, Robert Woods 5 rec, 86 Yards, 1 TD's
Adopt a Bill: DE/OLB, Mario Williams 8 TKLS, 4.5 Sacks, 4.5 TFL
Swift21

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

20 pages on this? Laughing

Sig credit goes to IDOG_det
SoS wrote:
Pete is just an arrogant wanna-be Jim Harbaugh but he's just not as smart.
Smile
iPwn

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shockey1979 wrote:
Gridirongreat#9 wrote:
My old college teammate is his QB coach. He has a lot of good things to say in the podcast, along with Steve Young.

http://www.xtra910.com/cc-common/podcast/single_page.html?podcast=interviews&selected_podcast=4-29_Dennis_Gile_PODCAST_1367278682_25101.mp3#.UX9ookHG5UA.facebook

Quote:
"Most NFL teams think he can't throw the ball well, well they are mistaken because he throws the ball very well" Dennis Gile.

So this guy, who is a quarterback for the Indoor Football League, and has a job that is partially to play as Tebow's hypeman, knows more than NFL scouts?

- Best since day one -
It may not be easy, but we ain't riding no tire fire merry-go-round.
- Gus Bradley
bucsfan333

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Swift21 wrote:

Laughing Between Tebow's inability to throw the ball consistently and the media hoopla that follows, he should be done in this league.

...at least a guy can pray, right?

Adopt-a-Buc Lavonte David 10 Games | 115 Tackles (14 for loss) | 2 PDs | 2 FFs | 1 FR
Kal-El

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucsfan333 wrote:
Swift21 wrote:

Laughing Between Tebow's inability to throw the ball consistently and the media hoopla that follows, he should be done in this league.

Media: that's okay, we still have MANTI TE'O to obsess with!! Twisted Evil

<33333333
sayheykid

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucsfan333 wrote:
Swift21 wrote:

I'd say his praying mechanics are excellent.

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sayheykid wrote:
bucsfan333 wrote:
Swift21 wrote:

I'd say his praying mechanics are excellent.
Hall of fame-esque

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WHY DOES A TEAM CUTTING A CAREER BACKUP WORTH 20 PAGES? UGGGHHHH!!!!!

I remember there was a 75+ page thread on Tim Tebow in the NFL news forum too at some point. This is getting really aggravating. Why does everyone really feel the need to discuss this man so much?

/rant.

Nacho Simulation Football League
sayheykid

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder how many posts in this thread are people complaining about the number of posts in this thread?

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheKillerNacho wrote:

I remember there was a 75+ page thread on Tim Tebow in the NFL news forum too at some point. This is getting really aggravating. Why does everyone really feel the need to discuss this man so much?

/rant.
He's arguably the greatest athlete of all time.

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sayheykid wrote:
I wonder how many posts in this thread are people complaining about the number of posts in this thread?

I'd say a page worth.

It's really dumb when people act like they don't understand why this is something that gets discussed. Like they don't know what kind of discussion every tebow thread creates.

thanks El ramster

KCCO!!!
oderint dum metuant
GSUeagles14

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spilltray wrote:
Shockey1979 wrote:
Gridirongreat#9 wrote:

Quote:

I don't believe it. All of the film out there on him proves it. Every offseason all the way back to at Florida before he even left for the NFL there has been hullabaloo about Tebow "working hard to fix his mechanics", but in the end when push comes to shove and the games are live, it looks the same as always. I'm not even sure that it's ALL throwing motion. His reads and his decisiveness are questionable as well. This is the same tripe that's been said again and again and I don't see any to expect "but this time it's different!" to hold any truth.

Heres the thing though. I can be really passionate about math. I could love to watch math competitions every chance I get. Just absolutely love it. Doesnt make me a mathematician though. That guy is gonna be right more than I am, no matter how much I think i know about math.

These guys get paid to break down QB's and have been doing it for a long time. Doesnt mean you have to agree but it be stupid to just dismiss it. Obviously they see something there.
TheKillerNacho

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tacos wrote:
TheKillerNacho wrote:

/rant.
He's arguably the greatest athlete of all time.

No, he's not.

He's an average athlete, as far as the Olympics would be concerned. He's not a world-beater, or a superstar. He can't even really compete for the starting job in his chosen game at the professional level. The only thing I can think of is that he is a centralizing player due to his college success, or his faith. And considering there are plenty of other players with a ton of college success that aren't discussed at all in this league, I tend to believe the latter.

Nacho Simulation Football League

Last edited by TheKillerNacho on Mon May 06, 2013 9:35 am; edited 3 times in total

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 19, 20, 21  Next
Page 20 of 21

Jump to: