Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Mr. Incredible's 2014 NFL Mock Draft V1.0 (w/Trades)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr. Incredible

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobody wrote:
Meh, underwhelming pick. Haven't watched a ton of Matthews though, so whatever.

I went to the liberty of watching a few games of his so I could give you my thoughts.

Matthews has incredibly reliable hands, you'll rarely see him drop a pass. He runs good routes and always seems to get open or make a big play when the game is on the line. If he catches the ball in stride and has some space, he'll have no problem picking up some extra yards or even taking it to the house. He's perfect for slants and cross routes. He can lineup inside or outside. Matthews is very athletic and always a threat to make a big play; on a reverse he took it 50 yards to the house. He's no Devin Hester, but he has breakaway speed. The only noticeable weakness I could spot was his strength. I could see him building great chemistry with Luck.

MaclinandMCcoy wrote:
Dr. Philly wrote:
McNutt busted hard.

Anyone else? No just me? Alright
Madmike90

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aaron Colvin would be a solid pick up for the Bears…I’m not a huge fan of this upcoming CB class right now but I think he has the potential to be a starter at a position where we are starting to get a little old…

In terms of pure talent tho I would rather take James Hurst.
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

People don't seem to understand. Picking that high again, means the Titans and Locker had a losing season which means Munchak is gone and and the new coach will want his new QB. Fales should be the pick.
AZ_Eaglesfan

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marquis Lee next to Calvin Johnson.... My God that would be scary.

disaacs wrote:
The Eagles are going to implode. Book it.
Forge

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agree with the position for the niners, but i'd much prefer Colvin. I think he's probably the third best corner right now, and I think his measurements are more in line with what the niners are going to be looking for. I do agree that the 49ers will definitely be addressing cornerback in the first round next year. They don't seem to be trying to resign Brown, and once one of their guys hits free agency, they're usually content to let them walk. Scrabble is a free agent and Rogers will be cut next year, and either Brock or Cox will probably be cut this year and the other will be a free agent next year. The niners will pretty much have to rebuild their entire secondary through free agency and draft next year.

Two in harmony surpasses one in perfection - P3
Mr. Incredible

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forge wrote:
Agree with the position for the niners, but i'd much prefer Colvin. I think he's probably the third best corner right now, and I think his measurements are more in line with what the niners are going to be looking for. I do agree that the 49ers will definitely be addressing cornerback in the first round next year. They don't seem to be trying to resign Brown, and once one of their guys hits free agency, they're usually content to let them walk. Scrabble is a free agent and Rogers will be cut next year, and either Brock or Cox will probably be cut this year and the other will be a free agent next year. The niners will pretty much have to rebuild their entire secondary through free agency and draft next year.

If Colvin wasn't taken two picks earlier, that's who I would've given to the Niners.

MaclinandMCcoy wrote:
Dr. Philly wrote:
McNutt busted hard.

khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. Incredible wrote:
khodder wrote:
If Arizona is picking that high, slecting a tackle in what is shaping up as a strong QB draft is not the smart way to go here.

Either that or they would likely be one of the first teams to try and jump on the Fales slide and trade back up from #36 into the early 20's to grab Fales.

I definitely see what you're saying. I gave them an OT because they missed out on the "big 3" in 2013, so I figured they'd snag one in 2014 and take a QB early in the 2nd round.

See I don't think our team, or much of our fan base feels we "missed out" on the big three. I don't think they were that big on our boards.

The media made a huge thing about us wanting or needing to draft an offensive tackle, but really that was not as much of a huge issue;

If you look at the last time Levi Brown played;

Quote:
According to ProFootballFocus.com, Brown gave up 10 sacks, five hits and 32 hurries in the team's first 10 games this season, however: Levi Brown has only given up one sack and eight hurries in the last six games.

He was incredibly strong over the last 6 games he played. It does not mean he has turned a corner, and coming of a year out of the game it could be tough, but there is that quality there.

The same can be said of Bobby Massie

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2013/05/13/secret-superstar-bobbie-massie/

Quote:
In those remaining nine games he allowed more than two total pressures in a single game just once, against the Chicago Bears in Week 16. And what about the 47 total pressures allowed over the first seven weeks? Just 14 from that point on – an incredible turnaround!

Quote:
However, if you purely look at those last nine games, his PBE Rating comes in at 97.3. Had he been able to produce at that level for the full season, he would have been tied for third place among all offensive tackles.

Again it does not mean he is suddenly going to be an elite tackle, but those are some impressive numbers in the NFL for a rookie.

The major offensive line issues were interior (And exascerbated by the fact Kevin Kolb does not know how to operate in the pocket) the team has gone some way to fixing up that interior OL by getting rid of Snyder and adding Cooper as well as putting some pressure on Colledge.

Conductor of the Keith Wenning bandwagon.
Zach Hodges is a 1st Round Pick in 2015.
Mr. Incredible

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder wrote:
Mr. Incredible wrote:
khodder wrote:
If Arizona is picking that high, slecting a tackle in what is shaping up as a strong QB draft is not the smart way to go here.

Either that or they would likely be one of the first teams to try and jump on the Fales slide and trade back up from #36 into the early 20's to grab Fales.

I definitely see what you're saying. I gave them an OT because they missed out on the "big 3" in 2013, so I figured they'd snag one in 2014 and take a QB early in the 2nd round.

See I don't think our team, or much of our fan base feels we "missed out" on the big three. I don't think they were that big on our boards.

The media made a huge thing about us wanting or needing to draft an offensive tackle, but really that was not as much of a huge issue;

If you look at the last time Levi Brown played;

Quote:
According to ProFootballFocus.com, Brown gave up 10 sacks, five hits and 32 hurries in the team's first 10 games this season, however: Levi Brown has only given up one sack and eight hurries in the last six games.

He was incredibly strong over the last 6 games he played. It does not mean he has turned a corner, and coming of a year out of the game it could be tough, but there is that quality there.

The same can be said of Bobby Massie

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2013/05/13/secret-superstar-bobbie-massie/

Quote:
In those remaining nine games he allowed more than two total pressures in a single game just once, against the Chicago Bears in Week 16. And what about the 47 total pressures allowed over the first seven weeks? Just 14 from that point on – an incredible turnaround!

Quote:
However, if you purely look at those last nine games, his PBE Rating comes in at 97.3. Had he been able to produce at that level for the full season, he would have been tied for third place among all offensive tackles.

Again it does not mean he is suddenly going to be an elite tackle, but those are some impressive numbers in the NFL for a rookie.

The major offensive line issues were interior (And exascerbated by the fact Kevin Kolb does not know how to operate in the pocket) the team has gone some way to fixing up that interior OL by getting rid of Snyder and adding Cooper as well as putting some pressure on Colledge.

Thanks for the info, definitely something I'll keep in mind. Very informative.

Looks like 'Zona is getting a QB in my next mock; other than OT and QB, what other position(s) could you see being addressed in the first round?

MaclinandMCcoy wrote:
Dr. Philly wrote:
McNutt busted hard.

Nobody

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. Incredible wrote:
Nobody wrote:
Meh, underwhelming pick. Haven't watched a ton of Matthews though, so whatever.

I went to the liberty of watching a few games of his so I could give you my thoughts.

Matthews has incredibly reliable hands, you'll rarely see him drop a pass. He runs good routes and always seems to get open or make a big play when the game is on the line. If he catches the ball in stride and has some space, he'll have no problem picking up some extra yards or even taking it to the house. He's perfect for slants and cross routes. He can lineup inside or outside. Matthews is very athletic and always a threat to make a big play; on a reverse he took it 50 yards to the house. He's no Devin Hester, but he has breakaway speed. The only noticeable weakness I could spot was his strength. I could see him building great chemistry with Luck.
I actually watched some of his tape as well now, and he is definitely the kind of WR Luck loves (Did you see him and AJ Green in the Pro-bowl?) And he is more than a possession receiver. Nice pick.

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ASJ plus 2 extra 2nds....I love it

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. Incredible wrote:
Forge wrote:

If Colvin wasn't taken two picks earlier, that's who I would've given to the Niners.

You know what's bad? I swear to god, I went over the draft like three times over and over to see if you had him selected before the niners picked and missed him each and every time before I posted. Observance fail on my part there.

Two in harmony surpasses one in perfection - P3
INbengalfan

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. Incredible wrote:
INbengalfan wrote:
I like Shazier, but not sure if the team values LBs enough to go there in round one.

That's something I thought about, but it's not like they haven't taken an LB in the first round in recent years. (Rivers) Plus, I think teams sometimes like to go with an in-state kid.

If Shazier isn't the pick, who would you prefer? I know Center is a need, but I don't think any are worth taking in the first round. Perhaps one of those big WR's to make the offense even more explosive? (Brandon Coleman, 6'6''-220; Mike Evans, 6'5''-225)

I would go either WR (the ones you listed would be my order of preference) or a LT to groom specifically behind Whitworth.
Mr. Incredible

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forge wrote:
Mr. Incredible wrote:
Forge wrote:

You know what's bad? I swear to god, I went over the draft like three times over and over to see if you had him selected before the niners picked and missed him each and every time before I posted. Observance fail on my part there.

Haha it's all good man, it happens.

INbengalfan wrote:
Mr. Incredible wrote:
INbengalfan wrote:
I like Shazier, but not sure if the team values LBs enough to go there in round one.

That's something I thought about, but it's not like they haven't taken an LB in the first round in recent years. (Rivers) Plus, I think teams sometimes like to go with an in-state kid.

If Shazier isn't the pick, who would you prefer? I know Center is a need, but I don't think any are worth taking in the first round. Perhaps one of those big WR's to make the offense even more explosive? (Brandon Coleman, 6'6''-220; Mike Evans, 6'5''-225)

I would go either WR (the ones you listed would be my order of preference) or a LT to groom specifically behind Whitworth.

Word. Thanks for the input man, greatly appreciated.

MaclinandMCcoy wrote:
Dr. Philly wrote:
McNutt busted hard.

mchjstnk

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Applause

Great pick for the Browns! Finally, they will have a franchise quarterback for years and years.
Desperado82

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

While I'd love to land Yankey and continue to build our OL, I have to think the best available DE would be the selection.

^^^mack

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: