Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2014 Lunatic Mock
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
StLunatic88

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 3:37 pm    Post subject: 2014 Lunatic Mock Reply with quote

1] Oakland Raiders – Teddy Bridgewater QB Louisville

Arrow Matt Flynn? Really? Well, have fun this year Raider Nation because not only do you not have a QB, but there are gaping holes through out the rest of the roster as well. I understand what they are doing, they started to clean house at the beginning of this offseason, which is smart and what was needed in Oakland. It is very familiar to what the Rams did a few seasons ago, it’s a necessary evil, but just be prepared for a miserable season. I cant wait for the first Raider fan to tell me that Tyler Wilson is the future, that’s a fun delusion. Because even if he would amount to something, you lucked into it, that wasn’t the plan. But this way they can finally get themselves a real QB. A guy they can build their franchise around, and can raise the level of the entire team by himself. Bridgewater is a tough, smart leader something that the Raiders haven’t had in a long time. Unlike JaMarcus, Teddy Bridgewater is a good Quarterback

2] Jacksonville Jaguars – Johnny Manziel QB Texas A&M

Arrow Yes, Johnny Football will be a darn good pro, but not in the conventional way. Most still want to hang onto this comparison of everyone to the prototypical pocket passer, Its just not like that anymore. The OCs in Seattle, San Fran & Washington all found great ways to get their new age QBs on the move as a staple of the offensive system, because that’s where their QBs aren’t only most dangerous, but also most effective. I still think Manziel measures in at 6’1”+ and has plenty of arm strength to make every throw because he is so accurate at such an early stage with such impressive ball placement. On top of the skills he just has the moxy or ‘It Factor’ or whatever you want to call it, which I believe has proven to be a major factor in being able to make it in the NFL. Its not just being cocky or a show off, there is some immeasurable and uncoachable quality that separates NFL QBs from just good college passers. Im interested in how the Jags “advanced metrics scouting” will turn out, but it doesn’t matter if you give Gabbert 2.6 seconds or 6.2 seconds, he isn’t a good QB. He will create his own pressure, force throws that aren’t there and over shoot wide open targets, all while no one is close to him.

3] New York Jets – Jadeveon Clowney DE South Carolina

Arrow Most would assume that if the Jets are picking this high it means that they should be looking at a QB too because Geno wasn’t any good. But Rex is going down with the ship, which means he isn’t going to stray from Sanchez till they force him to. Not to mention the rest of the team is a mess as well. Relying on rookies to be a big part of the OL, Defensive personel that doesn’t fit the system they run. It looks likely that it could be a year of frustration for the Jets. By the time they switch to Geno its going to be too late and he wont be able to pull that offense anywhere when Santonio as well as others have already given up. But it does land them in the perfect spot to get the best player in the Draft. Clowney slips because QBs are King in the NFL and even an amazing talent like Jadeveon isn’t enough to pass on the chance of a franchise QB. Getting Clowney would allow them, No, it would force them to switch to a defensise that much better suits their personnel. Coples-Richardson-Wilkerson-Clowney; that’s a ridiculously talented and young dline that could dominate from day one.

4] Arizona Cardinals – David Fales QB San Jose St

Arrow So the 33 year old Carson Palmer is the answer? This isn’t Kurt Warner anymore, there’s no end of the career resurgence in this story. Hes clearly on the down turn and there’s no one else to turn to. I like that they finally addressed the interior OL, but other than Cooper I don’t know you get major year one impacts. On top of that, I do think Cards Fans will finally have to admit that LT is an issue as well. There is still no running game, and Im not sure that Floyd is the player they thought they drafted. But the biggest issue will be losing Ray Horton, that defense isn’t going to be the same without him and not to mention they are relying on Mathieu in coverage. But here they can make the pick of a Fanchise QB. I don’t know if Bruce Arians will be a good head coach, but he knows how to get the best out of QBs. Some will look at Fales at SJSU and assume he will not work well at the next level, mostly due to the level of competition. But accuracy plays everywhere (unlike arm strength) especially in the new NFL that is getting more Horizontal than vertical. Watching him looks like an NFL QB already, the way he commands a game and makes unorthodox plays when pressured. The nusances of picking up the NFL will clearly be a challenge in the jump of skill level, but he has every tool you need to be a great Pro QB.

5] Detroit Lions – Taylor Lewan OT Michigan

Arrow The Lions have a ton of talent, but no discipline, and I don’t think that changes till the HC does. I don’t think Schwartz is a bad coach at all, but once you open Pandora ’s Box you just aren’t going to be able to stop it. Sure they added a ton to the Defense, but they are still running stuff that doesn’t work in today’s game (stop helping the Offense spread out) But the biggest problem is going to be the OL. They needed to protect Matthew Stafford, and they didn’t do it. I like Reiff, but as a RT, not a LT. Moving him to the Left side creates a problem on both sides of the line. If they are lucky Stafford gets out of this season the same QB, but they cant protect him, so I doubt he makes it through without a scratch. Here they have the opportunity to get this fixed immediately, and make one of those “out of nowhere” turnarounds that shoots them to the top of the league after picking Top 5 the year before. Lewan very well could have been the #1 pick this year (I had him over Joeckel) so with some actual QB talent in this draft he is pushed down a bit. But adding the Michigan guy to the Lions and moving Reiff to the other side would make this offense potent with a QB like Stafford and some of the most dangerous weapons in Calvin & Reggie.

6] Philadelphia Eagles – Brett Hundley QB UCLA

Arrow Young offense, veteran defense. That’s exactly the way Chip is and should be building this team. Lane Johnson was a great move as the kid could be a dominant LT in an athletic and spread out offense. The problem is going to be that none of the QBs on the roster are any good. I personally like Matt Barkley, but I don’t think this is a great situation for him. Just about as unathletic as they get, Philly fans aren’t used to that and they have seen what guys are “supposed to do” in Chips offense. On the other side of the Coin, Hundley is a very good QB and a great athlete ontop of it. Guy looks like he was molded as the prototype QB, he has a lot of Cam Newton qualities to his game which just might be too enticing for Chip to pass on here. Im not sure how well he will read defenses, but in a system that will ask him to make minimal reads and snap decisions, he could be deadly.

7] Kansas City Chiefs – Louis Nix III DT Notre Dame

Arrow Is there a more stubborn Head Coach in the NFL than Andy Reid? That’s exactly what will hold back the Chiefs with the talent they do have. Alex Smith is not a good QB, and he isn’t going to be taking them any higher than Cassel could. But Reid made this choice and is going to stick with it till its too late. In this draft it doesn’t matter because the first round QBs are all already off the board, but restocking the defense isn’t going to turn the franchise around. Nix can be a beast on the D-line, and as far as DT/5-techs go he can be considered a splash player. Some have even compared him to Raji. If they are going to stick with this 34 and utilize their best assets in the Rush LBs they need to get the Front Line fortified. Tyson Jackson has been only disappointing and is a Free Agent, but getting some big bodies next to Poe will finally allow Houston & Hali to really wreak havoc.

8] Minnesota Vikings – Marqise Lee WR Southern Cal

Arrow Ive read Viking fans company line over and over now “if were picking that high we need a QB”… Just because you want one doesn’t mean you will get one. Ponder shows flashes of impressive stuff, so I can see them sticking it out through his contract, setting up the ultimate make or break year. It also has just as much to do with having the Top QBs already gone and not wanting to completely reach on a guy they might be able to grab in the 2nd. Lee is the last of the Top Tier non-QB prospects, and he is a guy many teams will covet as he is a dynamic guy with the ball in his hands as well as a reliable target. I can see many not likeing this pick because they grabbed CP and signed Jennings, but Im not sure they are going to be major factors this year for the Vikes, hence a big reason why they are picking this high. Jennings is very much a product of Rodgers to me, he’s alright but hes about to be 30 and you just gave him that dumb contract. They are going to give Ponder everything they can to succeed; three WR weapons, plus Rudolph and Peterson is plenty if he is any good and if not then they have an amazing situation for a new guy to walk into.

9] Buffalo Bills – Anthony Barr LB UCLA

Arrow Running a Hybrid defense the Bills are going to need some outside pass rush in both the 4 man and 3 man fronts. Barr is a lot like Dion Jordan to me where he can be effective as a OLB in either scheme (and while they could be a DE they are better fit as stand up LBs) He is the perfect fit into this type of Hybrid role, one that is likely to get more and more popular in the NFL. Well its actually just as popular as before (Rex Ryan has been doing it for awhile now) but fans now are starting to notice it with what Pete Carroll & Co did with Irvin in Seattle, because its just a bit more unorthodox to deploy this weapon in a “Base 4-3” rather than the 3-4 where it is less noticeable. Regardless, the Bills are going to let their Offense come along with their young QB, and keep building a defense that is just a piece or so away from the dominant force most expected last season to be. Barr opposite of Mario should be a scary proposition for a QB, and just imagine both coming off the same edge.

10] Cleveland Browns – Ed Reynolds S Stanford

Arrow Browns are in the same boat with the Chiefs, Vikes, and Tennessee, there just aren’t enough QBs to go around. Their defense will be too good to land them a top draft pick where they can sneak out some low scoring games. But there are some more project QBs that all these teams could be rushing into the backend of the First Round or the Top of the Second to grab, plus the immediate contributions of an impact Top 10 pick somewhere else on the roster. The Browns defense is a unit with a lot of talent, but they could use another game changer, and Reynolds fits that bill perfectly. I think he can be the most impactful secondary player in this draft. Whether or not they can bring back Ward, they could use that playmaking Ball Hawk next to him. All of the sudden you have the makings of a Top 10 Defense and you can start to find a way to get a trigger man without hurting the rest of the team.

11] Tennessee Titans – Sammy Watkins WR Clemson

Arrow I know Titans fans are going to use the same line as Vikings fans, but there just aren’t any QBs worth a pick up this high. So in the mean time you give it one more go with Locker, giving him all the weapons you can, and either it clicks, or you have a great situation for your new QB to walk into. I like that they snagged Justin Hunter, but I don’t think he will show enough this year to force them away from a talent like Watkins, Hunter just wont have a chance with all the WRs on that roster this year (plus trying to validate giving Delanie Walker that deal). But with Britt & Nate likely gone next year, you get a new young crop of WRs in Watkins, Wright, and Hunter as a dream for a QB to be throwing to. I know there are other spots that the Titans could go, but the Value is great as well as trying one last gasp to make Locker work.

12] St Louis Rams (f/WAS) – Ha’Sean Clinton-Dix S Alabama

Arrow Jeff Fisher really likes TJ McDonald, and while that is met by skepticism by most, even if he is a solution the Rams still have a gaping hole at FS. They spent a lot of effort on the offense this season, making sure they give Sam Bradford a fair shot. Now they can make what is already an impressive defense a dominant one going into 2014. Many wont have Clinton-Dix this high on their boards, but I am projecting what I saw at the end of last season. Ive heard the Coaches at Bama actually think he may have just as good if not better cover skills as Dee Milliner, with playmaking ability on top of that. Now Im not sure he is that good, but he is still going to be a threat on the back end of an NFL defense. And yes, I have this as the Redskins pick, and Im sure they would go crazy being slotted this high, but that’s because they actually believe RGIII is going to be 100% week one and the same QB as before, I just don’t see it. I still worry about their OL, and if Griffin is even a fraction less mobile as before he going to be taking some major hits again this year, just behind the LOS this time.

13] Chicago Bears – Jake Matthews OT Texas A&M

Arrow Its going to be a rude awakening for the Bears of something everyone else already knew; Drew Brees made Jermon Bushrod. He is going to be a problem for Jay Cutler, who I do believe is a darn good QB if he could ever get some protection. Many are projecting Matthews to be his father, and some think he could be better than Joeckel as a LT. I’m not so sure he’s that good, but I do think he has the skills to be a good LT for a long time in the NFL. Finally getting a real blindside protector that will slide Bushrod to the Right side, and with Kyle Long in the middle they should be able to find another guard to finally look like an NFL O-Line. Now the question is, what about Cutler? Will they look to reset and move on, does Jay even want to come back with the chance to get beat up again? But if they want a chance they need a real OL.

14] Tampa Bay Bucs – Austin Seferian-Jenkins TE Washington

Arrow They tried to find something with Dallas Clark, but he was running on E, and didn’t really address any offensive weapons at all this offseason. ASJ is a huge target with deceptive speed, amazingly soft hands and really good body control. He would immediately be Freeman’s new best friend, and yes I think Freeman shows enough to end up back in Tampa Bay. Yea I know hes got the DUI thing, but by draft time next year it will be an afterthought as just being a dumb kid. Hes not your traditional TE, even with the impressive size and frame, but he is more than just a Big WR too. This guy very well could be the most dangerous weapon in the draft, especially the way TEs are becoming the new fad in the league, but Ill be honest, with the crazy Schiano trying to pull the strings I have no clue with the Bucs anymore.

15] Miami Dolphins – Louchiez Purifoy CB Florida

Arrow Im one of what seems like a very few that thinks Jonathan Martin can be a solid LT. And if you have a QB who can get it out to weapons he has now, solid is all you need to be, especially with a good Interior Line and a guy like Tannehill who is athletic enough to have some escapability when things do break down. Jamar Taylor was a solid pickup, but that’s what he is, solid at best. And who knows if Grimes can be anything coming off an injury, it could be a tough year on the corners. Purifoy is a very exciting player, who brings it every single game. He always thinks he can make a play and that gets him beat at times. But when hes on, there aren’t many more dangerous players out there. If you can harness him he could be a great CB, but the question will be what does it take to do that, which is why a guy with his playmaking abilities drops some in the draft.

16] Baltimore Ravens – Cyrus Kouandjio OT Alabama

Arrow Some people have this guy as the top LT in next years draft, and Im not sure how that is? Yes he has talent and impressive athleticism for his massive size, but nothing he does flashes to me on tape. People see that frame and just assume that he is “only going to get better” and I would argue theres a non-zero chance that he is as good as he ever will be. Granted that’s still pretty good, and would be a decent NFL LT, but this major upside people are pointing to… I just don’t see it. But the Ravens really need a LT to fix that OL. Michael Oher is a RT, he isn’t going to work at LT, so stop trying it. That’s why they were forced into giving McKinney a 2 year deal, and I would bet that by the end of 2013 he proves that he just cant go anymore as a LT. I don’t see Kouandjio being the new Stud LT of the league, but he can hold up the blind side just fine. If they want to be a contender with that Flacco contract, they are going to need a line that can keep him up and have the Running game be great.

17] New Orleans Saints – Stephon Tuitt DE Notre Dame

Arrow Peyton & Brees are going to take care of the offense, even the Oline that has questions, Brees will make guys like Armstead serviceable. As long as it works, the Saints should never use 1st rounder on anything but defense. I love that they got a guy to be a NT in Jenkins, Cam Jordan should be a darn good 5-tech, I know a lot of saints fans love Akeem Hicks but he is going to be more depth than anything, mostly in a rotation with Jenkins. I like the trio of Martez, Junior, & Victor as rushers, but there still missing a force on the line. Tuitt was meant to be a 5-tech and can be a dominant force in the 3-4 they are building to compliment the Drew Brees show. It may not be the most pressing need, but with the value that sits here in Tuitt, at a position that they could stand to upgrade, they just cant pass on him. Suddenly a defense that had to be just opportunistic on their first Super Bowl run is now one that can be a force and dictate the game.

18] San Diego Chargers – Antonio Richardson OT Tennessee

Arrow Fluker was a smart pickup, maybe not at #11, but its what they needed to do. They have to keep Philip Rivers clean, and if they do that, I truly believe he can carry them to a Super Bowl contender. Unfortunately Fluker is a RT in the NFL and the Blind Side of Rivers is still going to be a concern. Tiny is a mountain of a man and so impressively athletic for his size. To be honest I don’t see a whole lot of difference between Cyrus and Tiny, and that’s the exact type of player the Chargers need. Rivers is a lot like Brees, he can make all his weapons a lot better than they are, but he does need to be protected as he doesn’t have that snap release like Brees does. Getting a line that can keep Rivers clean is the fastest way to dig themselves out of this hole they have dug, and get back to being Super Bowl contenders. And who knows, with those two monster Tackles, maybe you get a resurgence of Ryan Mathews.

19] Carolina Panthers – Bradley Roby CB Ohio St

Arrow At this point many have Roby as the top Corner going into the ’14 Draft, and seeing as he almost declared this year, its for good reason. His stock was soaring for awhile, but coming back some might see that he has a bit less upside than thought of now. But with good size and cover skills he is still a 1st round prospect, just not a potential Top 10, shutdown corner. Here is a situation where Value and Need really mesh together in the middle of the first. Panthers are trying to patch that secondary, and with the dominant D-line they are putting together it should be alright, but they really need a presence on the back end. A lot of people will be looking at WR for them, but Im not sure Steve Smith will ever be out of there, and they love LaFell & Olsen for Cam.

20] St Louis Rams – Kyle Van Noy LB Brigham Young

Arrow Most people were exposed to KVN in the bowl game where he absolutely went off. Well you shouldn’t be judging him purely on that game, but it also wasn’t just a fluke either. Van Noy is a rocket on the field, his closing speed is impressive for an OLB. He is a playmaker in every sense of the word, but while I do like him as a SLB prospect in a 4-3, In mot sure he is a great fit in a 3-4 as a Rush backer or inside backer. If that ends up being the case he will drop pretty far In the draft. But ask any Ram fan, I have a theory on the evolution of the OLBs in the NFL, and how this is becoming a Cover & Chase league, not a Stuff & Rush league from the OLB position. KVN is the perfect guy to be doing those things, and would create a young and impressive LB corps on a defense that now looks to have filled all holes while still being very young.

21] Indianapolis Colts – Adrian Hubbard LB Alabama

Arrow I actually like Werner as an OLB for the Colts, but he isn’t going to to be a menace off the edge or anything. And with a pass rushing talent like Hubbard on the board they need to grab him to be the playmaker in that Front 7. Robert Mathis has done a good job with the switch, but he is getting old and likely wont hold up as an every down rusher for long, and I cant imagine the Colts paying him that 2015 money. But getting a guy like Hubbard allows them to have 3 good OLBs (as Mathis would be more effective in a limited role) and a front 7 that can dominate a game. I nasty pass rush can sometimes help out a secondary more than adding a decent CB. By fixing the OLine, Luck and the Offense should be impressive once again, but getting this defense to Superbowl caliber should be the Colts draft priority.

22] New York Giants – Trey DePriest LB Alabama

Arrow The Giants still have a very good squad, and with Eli at QB and a good OL to keep him upright they will always be a contender. But that defense is not what it used to be, and to me its going to start with that massive hole at the MLB position. I think Trey is going to be a darn good point man for someone’s defense, but there might be questions as he will be coming out of a 3-4 and he wont be a flashy player to catch your eye. But you plug him in the middle of a 4-3, he will be a rock and the leader of a D, making everyone better. They added some good pieces on that side of the ball this year in Hankins, Moore and Taylor, but whats really needed is the point man of the defense and DePriest is the best guy in this draft.

23] Cincinnati Bengals – C.J. Mosley LB Alabama

Arrow Im not sure how this James Harrison experiment is going to work, honestly I wouldn’t be shocked to see them waive the white flag on that mid-season. I also don’t like Maualuga at all, and LB could suddenly be a glaring need for the Bengals after they just threw a bunch of money at it. Mosley is a leader, a heck of a coverage man, and a tackling machine, exactly everything they need in that defense. Im still skeptical on how good Burfict can be long term, but with a running mate like Mosley on his weak side would mitigate most of those concerns. It’s a perfect matchup, a would keep this young defense the diving force of this team being a perennial Playoff Contender.

24] Seattle Seahawks – Ryan Shazier LB Ohio St

Arrow Two year window, Ive said it many times but most Hawk fans don’t want to admit it. 2013 & 2014 are their 2 big shots at a title (especially as often as these guys are getting suspended). But in 2 years not only do they have a major chunk of their starters hitting Free Agency, but also Russell Wilson can first renegotiate his rookie contract, and assuming he is as good as they believe, he is going to get paid. So this pick not only has to be a playmaker for the 2014 season in their last run while on top of the heap, but also a major piece going forward when this team suddenly looks a lot different. Shaizer is a leader and flies all over the field to make plays. Adding him to the already solid duo of Wagner & Wright would make for one heck of a LB corps.

25] Pittsburgh Steelers – James Hurst OT North Carolina

Arrow I know the Defense may be in flux at this point, but even if that is the case, the teams identity should be in flux as well. It sort of already has, but this team is only going as far as Roethlisberger takes them. And with Pouncey & DeCastro, they have made an effort on the Interior, but Mike Adams has not been an answer, and Im not sure he ever will be. Getting a Tackle like Hurst would solidify a line and propel a running game that has been spotty for a while now. I believe Hurst will be a darn good LT in the league, never anything flashy or given a ton of praise, but always getting the job done on the blind side. And if for some reason he cant hold up on the left side like they would like him to, I am completely confident that he would at worst be a guy who could man the RT position for his entire career without a worry.

26] Dallas Cowboys – Kony Ealy DE Mizzou

Arrow Franchising Spencer was a move to suffice for this season, not a long term solution opposite Ware. And in their new Tampa-2 style 4-3 defense they need to get the up field rushers to constantly put pressure on the QB. Ealy is a guy right now who most wont know much about, but his game & skills mirror a lot of the last Mizzou rusher, Aldon Smith. Ealy isn’t as good as Aldon right now, but he looks to be following the same college career arc, and has just as much potential as Aldon does. Just like Smith I think Ealy is better suited with his had in the Dirt (Justin Smiths absence is starting to show that) But Kony opposite Ware would be a nasty duo off the edge especially in Kiffin’s Defense.

27] Houston Texans – Quandre Diggs CB Texas

Arrow Pass Rush and Coverage are the two spots on the defense that you just cant upgrade enough in, because they conceal all other deficiencies on that side of the ball. While Kareem has come around some now, he still isn’t someone I would completely trust, and he’s close to free agency. Joseph is one of the best CBs in the league, but he is also almost 30 and likely on the down side. In today’s pass happy league, you need 3 good CBs and while Diggs isn’t thought of as a game changers, he is a guy who I would trust on an island to take care of one half of the field. He doesn’t have that new prototype CB size or the game changing/playmaker pedigree that pushes Corners way up draft boards, but he should finish making the Texans Secondary a major strength in a short time where it was a liability going into last year.

28] Green Bay Packers – CJ Fiedorowicz TE Iowa

Arrow Are Pack fans counting down the days till they are free of Jermichael Finley yet? Possibly one of the biggest disappointments in football recently, but the TE position is still going to be very important to the Packers offense and more importantly Aaron Rodgers. CJF is the prototype TE as far as stature and length. He isn’t the playmaker that Seferian-Jenkins or Lyerla are, but he does bring the blocking element with him, which most TEs don’t these days. As a true two-way TE his value jumps a lot and as the Packers loose 2 weapons in 2 years, they need to replenish the arsenal. Not to mention if they really are going to commit more to the run with Franklin & Lacey, the true blocking TE will come in handy.

29] San Francisco 49ers – Aaron Colvin CB Oklahoma

Arrow The secondary is clearly the weak link, and all they did was a downgrade from Goldson to Reid, and are crossing their fingers that Namdi has a little something left in the tank. Probably not a bet you want to make when you have Super Bowl aspirations. Colvin is another one of those understated corners, one who will be solid and stabilize your secondary but he isn’t someone you should be looking to be a playmaker for you. While he has some more of that than other Corners because of his Safety background, he doesn’t have the ability to come down with as many balls as he gets his hands on. But the Niners are really going to need some help at Corner, upgrading over Namdi & Culliver, especially the way that Justin Smith is deteriorating.

30] New England Patriots – Dominique Easley DT Florida

Arrow When you look at the rest of the Patriots roster you can really appreciate just how good of a QB Brady is, and how much of a magician more than a coach BB is. While the CB run in front of them hurts, its not likely Bill would have taken one anyway (even though he should have for the past 5 years) but now they just need some defensive talent. Easley could be a much higher pick, but he is a tweener and not a guy all teams will trust to put in the trenches the entire game. But in New England they don’t have any rusher that they can trust to constantly produce pressure on their defense, so it needs to be coming from everywhere. Getting a guy who can put pressure up the gut should hide some of the concerns in the secondary, and make them look a lot better.

31] Denver Broncos – A.J. Johnson LB Tennessee

Arrow Love everything that the Broncos are doing, they realize that Peyton isn’t playing forever and they are throwing as much talent, and as many weapons at him as they possibly can so maybe they can outscore teams to a championship. But while they add thoise vets on the offensive side, the defense is soon going to be a problem. You cant count on a OLB in a 4-3 to be your major source of pressure, so reaching for some semblance of a DE could be an option, but having basically no one at MLB to run the Defene is an even bigger problem right now. AJ is a big thumper in the middle that racks up the tackls and is a force against the run. But he is also an athlete that can make plays, and if there is a fundamental shift league wide to Cover & Chase, AJ could be going much higher than this.

32] Atlanta Falcons – Anthony Johnson DT Louisiana St

Arrow Everyone seems to be still sleeping on the Falcons. Yes they fell asleep at the wheel in the second half of the two playoff games, but in the first half they looked like the best team in the league by far. If they can put it together and play 2 halves every week, they look almost unstoppable. As far as needs, they could improve the OL some, but they always seem to work it out. But on Defense they don’t have much to pound their chest about when it comes to the DT spot. Johnson at one point was talked about as a possible Top 15 guy, and very well could be again if he has the season that he is capable of. But with that exodus of talent they had into the draft this year, he could play great and not get the credit he deserves due to no one realizing how impressive what he is doing actually is because he is lacking in Splash Plays. (Much like Sheldon Richardson this year) But if a all-around DT like Johnson is still here the Falcons would be getting a steal to add to an already underrated defense.
Adrenaline_Flux

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Manziel isn't an elite QB prospect at this point in his career. The Gabbert stuff is just regurgitating the media propaganda. Maybe it's hard for people to admit since it's more fun to think otherwise, but Gabbert isn't a pocket fish, little girl, etc.

I'm not against QB, but I don't think it's fair to say that about Gabbert and I would prefer other, better QBs. David Fales would probably be my choice there.

Winner of Football's Future Big Brother II
green24

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clowney <3
Nzd07

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really don't see how we finish 8th, but i digress.

If we finish that high Frazier is most likely done, resulting in a change in the defensive scheme. Barr would be the perfect pick there. Unless Jennings totally sucks I don't see the Vikings going first round WR next year. If we do, I'd rather have Watkins anyways.
StLunatic88

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adrenaline_Flux wrote:
Manziel isn't an elite QB prospect at this point in his career. The Gabbert stuff is just regurgitating the media propaganda. Maybe it's hard for people to admit since it's more fun to think otherwise, but Gabbert isn't a pocket fish, little girl, etc.

I'm not against QB, but I don't think it's fair to say that about Gabbert and I would prefer other, better QBs. David Fales would probably be my choice there.
actually it's not regurgitating anything. It's the same stuff he did his entire College Career at Mizzou, and even stuff he was doing in high school except be was athletic enough to be a runner (even was a bit in college). Gabbert is not a good Qab and never will be, it was a terrible pick on draft day, and has somehow made it look worse.

And hanging onto the notion that Johnny Football isn't a QB prospect is just being stubborn at this point, borderline ignorant. His accuracy & ball placement are already better than probably a third of the league.
jrry32

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't believe in the "It" factor. And Quandre Diggs had some major issues last year. You're also overrating Ed Reynolds imo.

The "it" factor is simply the QB's mental acuity for football and his maturity.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
Adrenaline_Flux

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StLunatic88 wrote:
Adrenaline_Flux wrote:

actually it's not regurgitating anything. It's the same stuff he did his entire College Career at Mizzou, and even stuff he was doing in high school except be was athletic enough to be a runner (even was a bit in college). Gabbert is not a good Qab and never will be, it was a terrible pick on draft day, and has somehow made it look worse.

And hanging onto the notion that Johnny Football isn't a QB prospect is just being stubborn at this point, borderline ignorant. His accuracy & ball placement are already better than probably a third of the league.

I've literally seen every game from Gabbert. He sucks, but questioning his toughness is nothing less than a personal indictment of ignorance.

Manziel still has a lot of questions to answer. Is he a one year wonder? Will his mechanics improve? Can he be smart with the football and not have to resort to constant improvisation? His accuracy and ball placement is very impressive at times, but it's inconsistent. He has a lot to prove this year and I think he's better served waiting to declare.

Winner of Football's Future Big Brother II
Jason_Bengal_Fl

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can understand the concern about Maualuga. Most Bengals fans share that concern. And he can be exploited in pass D. But I think he will play better against the run this year.

I also understand questioning Harrison in a 4-3, but if anyone knows how to put a guys skills to work, it is Zimmer, and I think Harrison, who is as healthy as he has been in a few years, will be just fine.

But Burfict is the real deal. He was by far the best LB on the team last year, playing a position he had never played before, and he will only get better.

That said, I like the Mosley pick.
Desperado82

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know much about Ealy, but if he's anything like Aldon Smith I'd love to have him here.

^^^mack
IDOG_det

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the pick, but your analysis of the Lions is just way off. Laughing Like, so off that I question you've ever even watched the Lions play or know anything about our team. But good pick, so there's that. Barr would be good as well (as a DE obviously).

R.I.P. Stylish
LuckyNumber11

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it

Did I mention I love it?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I cant see MN finishing with a top 10 pick and not trying to fill the need at qb Wink

I find it unlikely that MN would take a WR that early. You have to figure that Patterson will be given the benefit of the doubt, and I dont expect Greg Jennings to completely fall off the planet to the point of needing to take a WR this early. Jarius Wright is a nice #3/slot option. WR could be a need, but if MN is picking this high I expect defense to be a significant need as well.

Id rather go with a LB or DT. Tuitt is an interesting option, alongside Sharrif Floyd. Mosley or Barr could also fill needs for an athletic LB.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Watkins but there really is no reason to take a WR that high with Hunter and Wright. Britt could likely be franchised anyway. Theres a # of players id take before Watkins such as Shazier, Tuitt, Lynch, ASJ, Jake Matthews or Kouandjio(Roos and Stewart only have 1 year left and Bruce and Munch may be tempted to take Bruce's son), Sutton, or Roby.
Nobody

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great pick!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Until Matthews plays a season at LT I don’t like the fact of projecting him quite so highly for the Bears…I think he has the skill set to play LT but I want to see it first…right now I would prefer Antonio Richardson as he seems to fit the man mountain mold that Emery, Trestman & Kromer want and has played LT…but that could all change during this season.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: