Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Patriots to Sign Tim Tebow
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22, 23  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
sayheykid

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
I'm still disappointed, bc he will never get a chance to play QB in NE

If memory serves, when he did get his chance to play QB in NE it didn't go particularly well.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GiantAl wrote:
Gotta laugh at the Patriots fans who were slagging of the Jets when Tebow went, now declaring it some sort of great move by Belicheck.

First of all, i have no idea who "Belicheck" is... second of all there isn't a single fan here that i noticed who declared this a "great move", let alone the majority.

The Patriots signed Tebow to a non-guaranteed contract, they got nothing to lose, if he can't contribute, he doesn't even sniff the 53-man roster.

sayheykid wrote:
JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
I'm still disappointed, bc he will never get a chance to play QB in NE

If memory serves, when he did get his chance to play QB in NE it didn't go particularly well.

Laughing Laughing
Tom Brady Tribute
GiantAl

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Billy Spikes wrote:
GiantAl wrote:
Gotta laugh at the Patriots fans who were slagging of the Jets when Tebow went, now declaring it some sort of great move by Belicheck.

First of all, i have no idea who "Belicheck" is... second of all there isn't a single fan here that i noticed who declared this a "great move", let alone the majority.

The Patriots signed Tebow to a non-guaranteed contract, they got nothing to lose, if he can't contribute, he doesn't even sniff the 53-man roster.

Great work on picking up on a spelling mistake. You must be proud.

And I was referring to the patriots fans I know personally.
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GiantAl wrote:
Billy Spikes wrote:
GiantAl wrote:

Glad those two six-year olds don't post in footballsfuture.
Tom Brady Tribute

Last edited by Billy Spikes on Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
x0x

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He'll make the roster and he'll learn good football.
Webmaster

Site Admin
PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Billy Spikes wrote:
GiantAl wrote:
Billy Spikes wrote:
GiantAl wrote:

Glad those two six-year olds don't post in footballsfuture.

GiantAl and Billy Spikes,

Stop this garbage and discuss football.
PatriotsWin!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GiantAl wrote:

...Said no Pats fan ever Confused

Mack on the sig
kmvoss

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The haters know the return to prominence is coming and he shall claim his glory single-handedly in spectacular, unprecedented fashion. The haters are giving their final desperate death rattle before he finally makes his triumphant return to the field. Tebow will not be denied.
coors

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

only 1 guy in the entire NFL can be signed to currently the 3rd string QB gig on a team and in turn have a 21 page deep thread about him. now that's impressive. I'm happy for Tim.. he gets a chance to finally sit behind a good QB (in this case, HoF QB) with no pressure attached whatsoever so that he can learn the game from an all time great. McDaniels clearly feels that he can make something of Tebow, so I can't wait to see what a couple years of sitting behind Tom, and working with McD on a daily basis can do for him. IMO, best case scenario is that he simply is the Pats 3rd string QB, possibly becoming the #2 at some point, and just sits back and learns.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice move.

Sign Tebow > Sell more jerseys > Cut him before season starts

Everyone wins!

Kiltman on the sig
patman

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

- The pats chose Tebow over Kafka as a 3rd string QB
- The pats only kept two qbs last year and will likely do so again
- Tebow will not be allowed to say anything to the media but what BB says to say. After 3 days of not talking the media will go away. BB will not talk about Tebow at all in press conferences, he will tell other players not to say anything.
- I think BB actually feels bad for the kid and wants him to succeed, I would not be surprised that keeps him off the field during times when the media has access to the practices/WO to decrease the pressure on him from outside sources.
- Who cares about what espn says, they are not trying to give an honest opinion, just anything to boost discussion or viewership.

The whole tebow circus was the Jets fault last year, in an attempt to garner pub. A press conference for a b/u qb, inviting espn to camp, letting Tebow give interviews like he was a starting player and Rex proclaiming that he was going to "Unleash Tebow", W@hen Sparono was incapable of designing a play for the guy. The jets are better off without him on thier roster and the pats are better with him over Kafka.
patsfan25

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PatriotsWin! wrote:
GiantAl wrote:

...Said no Pats fan ever Confused

Also, said no Pats fan ever. You are so sour.

Aite,

peace.
Babylon

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

coors wrote:
only 1 guy in the entire NFL can be signed to currently the 3rd string QB gig on a team and in turn have a 21 page deep thread about him. now that's impressive.

I'm pretty sure we have enough bitter Raiders fans that could stretch out a good JaMarcus signing.
The LBC

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Socraticsilence wrote:
Dus10 wrote:
In an age where sporting stories are milked well past their expiration date and we have to sit through 24 hour coverage from multiple sports networks....

The fascination with this man makes zero sense to me. No hate but his appeal is lost on me.

The off-the-field stuff + Charisma + Comebacks + Arguably the greatest college football player of all time.

Maybe if you were born in (or started watching college football only in) the past two decades.

The "greatest college football player ever" would have been relegated to the bench and goal-line glorified RB detail by Chris Leak and then had to have the offensive scheme adapted to fit him.

I don't think Tebow even qualifies for Top 5 greatest college football players even if you limit it just to offensive players (if you throw in defensive players he doesn't even remotely qualify for Top 10).

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The LBC wrote:
Socraticsilence wrote:
Dus10 wrote:
In an age where sporting stories are milked well past their expiration date and we have to sit through 24 hour coverage from multiple sports networks....

The fascination with this man makes zero sense to me. No hate but his appeal is lost on me.

The off-the-field stuff + Charisma + Comebacks + Arguably the greatest college football player of all time.

Maybe if you were born in (or started watching college football only in) the past two decades.

The "greatest college football player ever" would have been relegated to the bench and goal-line glorified RB detail by Chris Leak and then had to have the offensive scheme adapted to fit him.

I don't think Tebow even qualifies for Top 5 greatest college football players even if you limit it just to offensive players (if you throw in defensive players he doesn't even remotely qualify for Top 10).

Now you're just being silly. He is pretty clearly one of the best college football players of all time. Essentially started the 20/20 club, most rushing TD's in a season in the SEC....as a QB, plays in the best top to bottom conference in CFB, won a national championship as the leader of the team, key role player on another hoisting the trophy, first underclassmen to win the Heisman, I could go on and on. Think what you will of his NFL Career, but to discount his college success is ridiculous.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22, 23  Next
Page 21 of 23

Jump to: