Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Broncos release RB Willis McGahee
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JerseysFinest27

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RavensTillIDie wrote:
lomaxgr wrote:
RavensTillIDie wrote:
JerseysFinest27 wrote:
RavensTillIDie wrote:
Love me some Lance Ball. Cool dude from his time at College Park, hope he gets the nod as the starter come opening day (but not hoping for a good performance or anything). Wink

Hes not a starting RB in the NFL, nor is he even a backup. At his best, hes a reliable 3rd/4th string RB that isnt very good at special teams.

Its up to Montee Ball, Ronnie Hillman, Knowshon Moreno and Jacob Hester now.

So what do you think will be the depth chart once the season starts?

In terms of carries, Montee Ball will get around 60%, Hillman around 30% and then Moreno/Hester will get the rest of them.

Damn, so you don't even think Lance will make the team?

If you ask me hes on his way out. I believe we'll carry more WR's and TE's that can actually contribute to ST's. He'll land somewhere though. Be an ok 3rd or 4th string back.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lomaxgr wrote:
Donut wrote:
lomaxgr wrote:
RavensTillIDie wrote:
JerseysFinest27 wrote:
RavensTillIDie wrote:
Love me some Lance Ball. Cool dude from his time at College Park, hope he gets the nod as the starter come opening day (but not hoping for a good performance or anything). Wink

Hes not a starting RB in the NFL, nor is he even a backup. At his best, hes a reliable 3rd/4th string RB that isnt very good at special teams.

Its up to Montee Ball, Ronnie Hillman, Knowshon Moreno and Jacob Hester now.

So what do you think will be the depth chart once the season starts?

In terms of carries, Montee Ball will get around 60%, Hillman around 30% and then Moreno/Hester will get the rest of them.

I don't know about that. I think Hillman may get more based on what I've heard from Gase in interviews. He's bigger, stronger, better blocker and he's always had good hands. Just going to wait and see in preseason.

Do you mean bigger, stronger and better blocker than last year or than Ball? I assume you mean the former.

I was talking about his growth from last year. I think him being a better blocker and a receiving threat(and understanding it all better w/ being more experienced in the system always helps).
2011: Matt Slater
2012: Ras I Dowling
2013: Chandler Jones
broncos67

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't discount Hillman in this offense this year. I truly think people are sleeping on the Hillman/Ball combo.

No shock here though, two backs drafted early the last two years is usually a sign.

Thanks, Tzimisce
tom cody

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He'll sign with another team very soon I'm willing to bet. Denver's looking for trouble here with their running game if you ask me. Peyton's a good QB but you want to have a good running back there to help him out late in games.
Boltstrikes

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncos67 wrote:
I wouldn't discount Hillman in this offense this year. I truly think people are sleeping on the Hillman/Ball combo.

No shock here though, two backs drafted early the last two years is usually a sign.

I am not sleeping on Hillman. He has had time to adjust to the competition level now and I expect great things out of him. I wish he wasn't a Bronco.

EverythingSF wrote:
But I do feel Alex is better than Rivers and we may as well not even argue over it here because I am pretty sure neither will change the others mind.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: