Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Hernandez charged with murder - Released by Pats
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 96, 97, 98, 99  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
eagles101

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fretgod99 wrote:
eagles101 wrote:
Wonder if he will ask for a speedy trial.
It's not really something he has to ask for - it's granted as a matter of course. He can voluntarily waive it, or the clock can be tolled for good cause or if he asks for continuances, etc.

Hmm thought you could ask for a trial to go faster.

I don't understand most of that, but I can tell it's probably inaccurate.
fretgod99

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eagles101 wrote:
fretgod99 wrote:
eagles101 wrote:
It's not really something he has to ask for - it's granted as a matter of course. He can voluntarily waive it, or the clock can be tolled for good cause or if he asks for continuances, etc.
No, you just have a right to have the trial held within a reasonable amount of time. Often that's six months, though it depends (and often times murder charges specifically allow for more time). Also, when the clock starts depends on circumstances.

For instance, in Nebraska all criminal charges start in the County Court, but felonies must be resolved in District Court after a preliminary hearing is held or waived. The clock for speedy trial doesn't start running until the Information (complaint/charges) has been filed in the District Court.

MrDrew wrote:
Can somebody give me a good reason there's not a giant statue to fret somewhere?
JBURGE25

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fretgod99 wrote:
Billy Spikes wrote:
Hernandez's girlfriend is crying hard, won't leave the court.

[REMOVED]
This sort of picture is neither relevant, nor necessary. We don't need TMZ style photos of Hernandez every time he steps out of a jail cell, into a court room, or whatever. This isn't a gossip rag.

Yes thank you. Sick of seeing these pics of him just standing there. Who cares

Revel8 wrote:
I believe I may have already found it. Not only the way to cure ebola, but every virus period.

PSN: ShiiNyIV
iPwn

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not completely related, but interesting nonetheless.

Tank Johnson is apparently giving a very, very moving speech at the Rookie Symposium re: his legal troubles with guns.

https://twitter.com/RickMaese/status/350331529110626304
Quote:
Tank says he wanted to buy gun once. Called Goodell from gun store. Commish said don't, and sent NFL security to watch over Tank's house

Even if Hernandez was doing this as a fearing for his life type situation where he viewed it as them vs me (has been speculated on), he had an easy means to protect himself if he had just picked up the phone.

- Best since day one -
It may not be easy, but we ain't riding no tire fire merry-go-round.
- Gus Bradley
eagles101

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fretgod99 wrote:
eagles101 wrote:
fretgod99 wrote:
eagles101 wrote:
No, you just have a right to have the trial held within a reasonable amount of time. Often that's six months, though it depends (and often times murder charges specifically allow for more time). Also, when the clock starts depends on circumstances.

For instance, in Nebraska all criminal charges start in the County Court, but felonies must be resolved in District Court after a preliminary hearing is held or waived. The clock for speedy trial doesn't start running until the Information (complaint/charges) has been filed in the District Court.

Lordy losing 6+ months of your life doesn't seem speedy at all lol

Feel bad for him if actually didn't do it.

spilltray

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eagles101 wrote:
fretgod99 wrote:
eagles101 wrote:
fretgod99 wrote:
eagles101 wrote:

In relation to the courts getting ANYTHING resolved in 6 months is very speedy.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
fretgod99

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eagles101 wrote:
fretgod99 wrote:
eagles101 wrote:
fretgod99 wrote:
eagles101 wrote:

Laughing

That's actually pretty quick from a legal perspective. It's a whole different world.

Our "briefs" are upwards of 20, 30, maybe 40 pages. We've got a maximum page limit of 50 here. Brief. Laughing

MrDrew wrote:
Can somebody give me a good reason there's not a giant statue to fret somewhere?
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JBURGE25 wrote:
fretgod99 wrote:
Billy Spikes wrote:

[REMOVED]
This sort of picture is neither relevant, nor necessary. We don't need TMZ style photos of Hernandez every time he steps out of a jail cell, into a court room, or whatever. This isn't a gossip rag.

i also appreciate the mods and Webby stepping in to help define the boundaries of discussion. the ongoing conversation will benefit without long treatises of his tattoos and pics of what clothing was removed from his house.

keep in mind this case is likely to become the nation's next big celebrity trial, which unfortunately our society sops up, and could still be going on a year or two from now. which means FF will be discussing it then too.

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
eagles101

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fretgod99 wrote:
eagles101 wrote:
fretgod99 wrote:
eagles101 wrote:
fretgod99 wrote:
eagles101 wrote:

Laughing

That's actually pretty quick from a legal perspective. It's a whole different world.

Our "briefs" are upwards of 20, 30, maybe 40 pages. We've got a maximum page limit of 50 here. Brief. Laughing

I get that butbeing jailed, fired, and lose a year for something you didn't do would be hard to do.

spilltray

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eagles101 wrote:
I get that butbeing jailed, fired, and lose a year for something you didn't do would be hard to do.

They generally don't deny bail unless the initial evidence is pretty convincing and they have reason to assume the defendant is a real flight risk.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
49ersfan

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fretgod99 wrote:
Billy Spikes wrote:
Quote:
The Prosecution has a ton of circumstantial evidence, just don't have the smoking gun so to speak
http://twitter.com/BlkSportsOnline/statuses/350320555657928704
The sad part about how most people understand the judicial system is that they think circumstantial evidence is somehow second class evidence. There's no need for a "smoking gun", so to speak. Certainly it can help, but it's not necessary.

Thought so as well. Aren't most cases circumstantial? Seems like some are implying that circumstantial=weak, while the evidence here is very strong.
-Not taking this off until the 49ers win #6
JBURGE25

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
JBURGE25 wrote:
fretgod99 wrote:
Billy Spikes wrote:

[REMOVED]

i also appreciate the mods and Webby stepping in to help define the boundaries of discussion. the ongoing conversation will benefit without long treatises of his tattoos and pics of what clothing was removed from his house.

keep in mind this case is likely to become the nation's next big celebrity trial, which unfortunately our society sops up, and could still be going on a year or two from now. which means FF will be discussing it then too.

+1

glad were not wasting the conversation on tattoo talk

Revel8 wrote:
I believe I may have already found it. Not only the way to cure ebola, but every virus period.

PSN: ShiiNyIV
Jakuvious

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:
Not completely related, but interesting nonetheless.

Tank Johnson is apparently giving a very, very moving speech at the Rookie Symposium re: his legal troubles with guns.

https://twitter.com/RickMaese/status/350331529110626304
Quote:
Tank says he wanted to buy gun once. Called Goodell from gun store. Commish said don't, and sent NFL security to watch over Tank's house

Even if Hernandez was doing this as a fearing for his life type situation where he viewed it as them vs me (has been speculated on), he had an easy means to protect himself if he had just picked up the phone.

That's actually really really cool. That kind of stuff about how the NFL is run gets incredibly under-publicized.

Adopt-a-Chief: Travis "Better Than Tony Moeaki" Kelce
24 catches, 307 yards, 3 TDs
topwop1

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can take me out of the hood but you can't take the hood out of me

Sad but true. That's no excuse for Hernandez's actions by the way. Just saying that a lot of these athletes in America (most notably NFL players) who grew up in tough neighborhoods and came from hard backgrounds, can't seem to avoid and shake the trouble that's followed them their whole lives.

You make you're own choices in life, but at the end of the day they're just seems to be a complete lack of education and common sense with some of these guys. I mean how could you be so foolish. You have a lifestyle that probably any of us on here would dream of having and yet you continue to affiliate yourself with gangs and/or bad influences.

And it's really sad when you think about the big picture, such a waste of talent. But I have no remorse for Hernandez, he should pay hard for his actions if found guilty.. The evidence against him looks like it's going to be a daunting task for his lawyer to overturn. Good luck bud.

Last edited by topwop1 on Thu Jun 27, 2013 4:14 pm; edited 2 times in total
johnydtarheel

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fretgod99 wrote:
eagles101 wrote:
fretgod99 wrote:
eagles101 wrote:
fretgod99 wrote:
eagles101 wrote:

Laughing

I have been through a murder trial before and the first trial started about a year later and got hung jury and then another year jury found guitly.

Also why was AH renting so many cars? All that money buy or lease a car or 5!

Thanks CK

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 96, 97, 98, 99  Next
Page 97 of 99

Jump to: