Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Glen Coffee Joins the Army

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RedGreenShow

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:22 pm    Post subject: Glen Coffee Joins the Army Reply with quote

This isn't really NFL news because he's not an NFL player anymore, but its pretty cool to see. Last i heard he was chasing priesthood.

http://totalfratmove.com/former-49er-and-alabama-running-back-glen-coffee-is-now-an-army-paratrooper/
[quote="YoursTruly"]He doesn't get the ball because he is shut down. Zero seperation. It is my understanding that Elite WR should be able to do this when their number is called. AJ gets shut down relatively easy.[/quote]
Clemson-Panther

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for your service in our military Glen, if by chance you are reading this.
hawkman98272

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had some potential as a RB, IIRC.

Based on his career wishes, it seems like he wants to do good for the community. Wish him the best.

IDOG_det

#JDI
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First of all, congrats to Glen, and I really respect what he has done (giving up NFL to serve the country)

Secondly...not to take anything away from the story, but I remember a few years ago when he was drafted, a 49er fan on here trying to convince everyone he was going to be elite. Dont remember who it was, but he was pushing at it hard.

Finally...this MIGHT get locked or moved to TAST since it isnt really NFL news. Not that I care...good story either way...just saying.

Madden 25 Steelers Franchise
49ers Finest

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
First of all, congrats to Glen, and I really respect what he has done (giving up NFL to serve the country)

Secondly...not to take anything away from the story, but I remember a few years ago when he was drafted, a 49er fan on here trying to convince everyone he was going to be elite. Dont remember who it was, but he was pushing at it hard.

Finally...this MIGHT get locked or moved to TAST since it isnt really NFL news. Not that I care...good story either way...just saying.

he left the game because of god
he became a preacher for a few years

then he played semi pro for a year
then in january he enlisted in the air force and just graduated from airborne school. he is aiming to be in the special forced

new sig... sorry alex
IronMike84

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's going to get hazed for ruining the fantasy football teams of other recruits a few years back.
JaguarCrazy2832

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank you for your service glen

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He went from a rough contact sport like Football, to the calmness of the priesthood, to wanting to kill people in the army? What a strange path...
Vikefan79

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Biggsam49 wrote:
He went from a rough contact sport like Football, to the calmness of the priesthood, to wanting to kill people in the army? What a strange path...

Just because you join the Army doesn't mean you're going to kill people.
UofMfan909

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:

I don't really remember anyone particularly high on Coffee but it's been a while. He was pretty disappointing when he did play, granted he didn't get much of a chance to tap into his potential. Anyway, interesting story... good on him, I guess. Not really NFL News.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Biggsam49 wrote:
Your just.....

How do you get wanting to kill people?

RIP Robin Williams
HOVA333

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Biggsam49 wrote:

Do you think every one in the Miltary is deployed and walking around with M-16s?

Adopt A Patriot
Logan Ryan : CB
Tkls: Int: FF:
Manny/Patrick

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HOVA333 wrote:
Biggsam49 wrote:

Do you think every one in the Miltary is deployed and walking around with M-16s?

Im thinking more like GTA but in a desert

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: