Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Patriots release TE Aaron Hernandez
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AlexM23

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tzimisce wrote:
AlexM23 wrote:
Opposite of props to the Patriots, good move from a football and locker room point of view but I fail to see how this is a classy move.
Really? You'd allow a guy linked to a murder investigation to remain associated with you?

You can't forget that he's innocent until proven guilty.

Kiltman on the sig
Jetsman82

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeezy Fanatic wrote:
Jetsman82 wrote:
Maybe the Patriots know more than we do, but this seems a little premature.

I get they want to nip this in the butt, but what if Hernandez gets off Ray Lewis style? I'm a firm believer in due process, and crazy things can happen in court. It's not impossible to imagine him not being charged.

I know, most likely, the Patriots know more about the case than the media, but it still seems premature to me.

You can never say the Patriots don't stick to their values, though, so props to them on that front.

That's a new phrase for you Laughing

As a Jets fan there's been a lot of butt jokes over the past year Laughing

It's actually a fairly common phrase, or so I thought.
It has been quite a privileged chat or work with you guys. From time to time.. From Craziness to Serious-mindedness.. From Troll to Boredom.. From Babes to Jets. From Foreigner to American.. Whatever!
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I blame Tebow in all of this, nothing but bad follows that guy wherever he goes.
Tom Brady Tribute
24isthelaw

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GiantAl wrote:
Heres an article on his contract -

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000213873/article/examining-aaron-hernandezs-new-england-patriots-contract

Looks like the patriots forgot to put the all importnant clause in!

Completely false.

Morals clause from standard player contract:
Quote:
11. SKILL, PERFORMANCE AND CONDUCT. . . . If at any time, in the sole judgment of Club, Player’s skill or performance has been unsatisfactory as compared with that of other players competing for positions on Club’s roster, or if Player has engaged in personal conduct reasonably judged by Club to adversely affect or reflect on Club, then Club may terminate this contract. In addition, during the period any salary cap is legally in effect, this contract may be terminated if, in Club’s opinion, Player is anticipated to make less of a contribution to Club’s ability to compete on the playing field than another player or players whom Club intends to sign or attempts to sign, or another player or players who is or are already on Club’s roster, and for whom Club needs room.

Furthermore...
Quote:
Forfeitable Breach. Any player who (i) willfully fails to report, practice or play with the result that the player’s ability to fully participate and contribute to the team is substantially undermined (for example, without limitation, holding out or leaving the squad absent a showing of extreme personal hardship); or (ii) is unavailable to the team due to conduct by him that results in his incarceration; or (iii) is unavailable to the team due to a nonfootball injury that resulted from a material breach of Paragraph 3 of his NFL Player Contract; or (iv) voluntarily retires (collectively, any “Forfeitable Breach”) may be required to forfeit signing bonus, roster bonus, option bonus and/or reporting bonus, and no other Salary, for each League Year in which a Forfeitable Breach occurs (collectively, “Forfeitable Salary Allocations”)

Adopt-a-Patriot: Marcus Forston - Practice squad (0 tackles, 0 sacks)
marshawn lynch

Wow I hope that this doesn't turn out to be a Bernie Fine situation where an innocent man was fired for no reason... seems a little early to release him but I am sure the Patriots have some team policy when it comes to this stuff.

Billy Spikes wrote:
I blame Tebow in all of this, nothing but bad follows that guy wherever he goes.

Hernandez didn't go to his Sunday Morning classes in New England or Florida.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Info on Patriots-Aaron Hernandez's contract situation if he goes to prison:

Quote:
The Pats would file a grievance to recoup $6.75M of Hernandez's $12.5M signing bonus. $3.25M of it is payable in 3/14.

Tom Brady Tribute
patdt13

@ProFootballTalk Source with direct knowledge of Hernandez situation tells us: "Assume the worst."

Xbox Live GT: With The Tide
ctp2124

AlexM23 wrote:
Tzimisce wrote:
AlexM23 wrote:
Opposite of props to the Patriots, good move from a football and locker room point of view but I fail to see how this is a classy move.
Really? You'd allow a guy linked to a murder investigation to remain associated with you?

Even if he is innocent of murder, he is almost certainly at the very least guilty of obstruction of justice.

I applaud the Patriots for this move.

Props to mike23md

Supporter of Mohammed Sanu and Lavonte David to the Rams
Jeezy Fanatic

Location: The DMV; Proud Alumnus of the University of Miami, Class of 2011
PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jetsman82 wrote:
Jeezy Fanatic wrote:
Jetsman82 wrote:
Maybe the Patriots know more than we do, but this seems a little premature.

I get they want to nip this in the butt, but what if Hernandez gets off Ray Lewis style? I'm a firm believer in due process, and crazy things can happen in court. It's not impossible to imagine him not being charged.

I know, most likely, the Patriots know more about the case than the media, but it still seems premature to me.

You can never say the Patriots don't stick to their values, though, so props to them on that front.

That's a new phrase for you Laughing

As a Jets fan there's been a lot of butt jokes over the past year Laughing

It's actually a fairly common phrase, or so I thought.

Haha is it an intentional Mark Sanchez joke these days? I applaud that. I thought you were going for "Nip this in the bud"

Where you go we'll follow! Let's go USMNT!!!!
Jetsman82

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AlexM23 wrote:
Tzimisce wrote:
AlexM23 wrote:

You don't have to stand directly behind Hernandez and say, "we support Aaron", but you can not release him until more concrete news comes out. Regardless of if he's released or not, he's still associated with the Patriots for a time.
It has been quite a privileged chat or work with you guys. From time to time.. From Craziness to Serious-mindedness.. From Troll to Boredom.. From Babes to Jets. From Foreigner to American.. Whatever!
johnydtarheel

TitanSlim wrote:
I wonder if there's any team out there that will take a chance on him, even with his recent troubles.

Depends on what happens with the law. If it's nothing serious sure there plenty of teams, but if he does hard time then probably not.

Thanks CK
Shockey1979

Billy Spikes wrote:

Tell that to the kids in Kenya, Dominican, Ethiopia, Niger Wink

yes I know you were being sarcastic

"Sundown, you better take care... if I find you been creepin' round my back stairs"
Louis Friend

You don't think the police have evidence that isn't public knowledge? They don't put their case together until trial, but believe they know more than what we do.
Persian Bolt

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Co-worker just told me that he may be expecting a phone call since Hernandez was on his fantasy team last season. Laughing

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: