Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

D82's 2014 NFL 1st Round Mock Draft (v.4.1.) **UPDATE**
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gore Whore 21

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Weird, you have the Niners trading up 7 picks in every round? That's bold! Wink

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."-Benjamin Franklin
Bowler1215

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Solid for the Bears
Jason_Bengal_Fl

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desperado82 wrote:
Jason_Bengal_Fl wrote:
Do you not like Gio Bernard and Shaun Williams?

I was going off of your needs listed in the sig...just realized it was for 2013, and not 2014. Laughing

I guess it is time to change my sig.

Laughing
jshowers

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:
That's an amazing Titan draft. Best DT, LB, and a top 5 QB in this draft, amazing.

You really believe Shazier is the best LB in this draft??? And your love for Stephen Morris goes a little too far... he would be far worse than Locker if asked to play right away.
Jason_Bengal_Fl

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jshowers wrote:
ttitansfan4life wrote:
That's an amazing Titan draft. Best DT, LB, and a top 5 QB in this draft, amazing.

You really believe Shazier is the best LB in this draft??? And your love for Stephen Morris goes a little too far... he would be far worse than Locker if asked to play right away.

Among 4-3 LBs, he is a legitimate candidate.
jshowers

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jason_Bengal_Fl wrote:
jshowers wrote:
ttitansfan4life wrote:

He could be successful in the NFL, but for a LB to be considered the best in the entire draft, they need to be very athletic, have a great frame, AND be very polished. Shazier is 1 for 3 in those categories. His athleticism is undeniable, and his aggressive, fly to the ball mentality is nice. However, he is very slight for the LB position at 6'2'', 222 lbs. Recently, athletic but smaller weak-side LBs Lavonte David and Zach Brown have been very successful in the NFL, but both are stout compared to Shazier. David goes about 6'1'', 235 and Brown is around 6'1'', 240. Shazier almost looks like a safety more than a LB. He also can play out of control at times and go for the risky backfield play and then get shredded for a big gain.

All in all, I think he will intrigue an NFL team looking for an athletic 4-3 Weak-side backer. He is built like Ray-Ray Armstrong - tall and lanky but strong and fast. Armstrong was converted from safety to play OLB by the St. Louis Rams, and I think Shazier at this point also looks like somewhat of a project. To be the best LB in the draft, one must be an instant impact, high quality & volume contributor. Don't see it from Shazier.
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jshowers wrote:
ttitansfan4life wrote:

Yes I do among 4-3 LBs. Shazier is an animal and constantly all over the field. As far as Morris, say whatever you want. He's got a better arm coming out as far as accuracy and arm strength. Lockers biggest problem is accuracy which is tough problem to fix. Morris's biggest problem is decision making which is a much easier problem to fix. Saying Morris can be a top 5 QB in next years draft is not that far fetched.
jshowers

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:
jshowers wrote:
ttitansfan4life wrote:

Yes I do among 4-3 LBs. Shazier is an animal and constantly all over the field. As far as Morris, say whatever you want. He's got a better arm coming out as far as accuracy and arm strength. Lockers biggest problem is accuracy which is tough problem to fix. Morris's biggest problem is decision making which is a much easier problem to fix. Saying Morris can be a top 5 QB in next years draft is not that far fetched.

Morris could potentially be in the top 5 QBs drafted, I just don't see more pro-potential for him than Jake Locker.

I have a firm belief that Shazier's game won't translate from college to the NFL right away. He is a great college LB at this point but nowhere near the best 4-3 LB prospect in the 2014 draft class. At this point, when considering potential 4-3 OLB prospects only, I would take CJ Mosley, Shayne Skov, and Kyle Van Noy ahead of Shazier. If he manages to add 15 pounds by next year's draft without slowing down, he could potentially move up my board if one of those 3 falters.

That was just among OLB prospects though. To say he is the best 4-3 LB as a whole, you have to consider Mike LB prospects as well. I would rate AJ Johnson (my #1 LB) and Trey Depriest as better prospects.

Overall, Shazier currently comes in as my 4th best 4-3 OLB prospect, and 7th best overall 4-3 LB.
Jason_Bengal_Fl

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jshowers wrote:
Jason_Bengal_Fl wrote:
jshowers wrote:
ttitansfan4life wrote:

He could be successful in the NFL, but for a LB to be considered the best in the entire draft, they need to be very athletic, have a great frame, AND be very polished. Shazier is 1 for 3 in those categories. His athleticism is undeniable, and his aggressive, fly to the ball mentality is nice. However, he is very slight for the LB position at 6'2'', 222 lbs. Recently, athletic but smaller weak-side LBs Lavonte David and Zach Brown have been very successful in the NFL, but both are stout compared to Shazier. David goes about 6'1'', 235 and Brown is around 6'1'', 240. Shazier almost looks like a safety more than a LB. He also can play out of control at times and go for the risky backfield play and then get shredded for a big gain.

All in all, I think he will intrigue an NFL team looking for an athletic 4-3 Weak-side backer. He is built like Ray-Ray Armstrong - tall and lanky but strong and fast. Armstrong was converted from safety to play OLB by the St. Louis Rams, and I think Shazier at this point also looks like somewhat of a project. To be the best LB in the draft, one must be an instant impact, high quality & volume contributor. Don't see it from Shazier.

Shazier has put on weight this off season and is expected to play at 235 this year.

He was a true sophomore last year so some errors are not a big deal.
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jshowers wrote:
Jason_Bengal_Fl wrote:
jshowers wrote:
ttitansfan4life wrote:

Armstrong and Shazier are nothing alike and they sure are not built the same. Shazier was only a sophomore last year and like JBFL said, he's gained weight. He can play any of the 3 LB spots. Impact starter? Are you serious? Go back and rewatch because that's a ridiculous statement.
jshowers

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:
jshowers wrote:
Jason_Bengal_Fl wrote:
jshowers wrote:
ttitansfan4life wrote:

Armstrong and Shazier are nothing alike and they sure are not built the same. Shazier was only a sophomore last year and like JBFL said, he's gained weight. He can play any of the 3 LB spots. Impact starter? Are you serious? Go back and rewatch because that's a ridiculous statement.

Titansfan, we must look for different things in prospects because we never seem to agree. Just gotta point one thing out though - Ray Ray Armstrong goes 6'3", 227 lbs while Shazier measures 6'2", 230 at best right now. They have similar builds, can't deny it.
Desperado82

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Updated

^^^mack
zelbell

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I <3 it Des

Adopt a Brown: Josh Gordon
2014 Stats: stay tuned?
StLunatic88

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 10:08 am    Post subject: Re: D82's 2014 NFL 5 Round Mock Draft (v.2.5.) **UPDATE** Reply with quote

A 5 Round mock in July? Thats impressive stuff sir.
Desperado82 wrote:
ROUND ONE
12. St. Louis Rams: Hasean Clinton-Dix S, Alabama

16. St. Louis Rams (via Washington): Taylor Lewan OT, Michigan

Ive been saying for awhile now, as we sit, the most logical pick for the Rams is HaHa Dix, and until we get on the field that shouldn't change as long as he is there (its likely going to make the pick all the more obvious tho). But if Taylor Lewan is sitting there with the 1st pick, he could be hard to pass on. I may be higher on Lewan than you, but right now Id be surprised to see him there in the middle of the draft with our second pick, but we would absolutely have to take him in that situation.
Quote:
ROUND TWO

43. St. Louis Rams: D'Anthony Thomas RB, Oregon

A 4th RB in 3 years? Sounds about right for Jeff Fisher. And this is a pick that he would absolutely make. Talk about some speed on the field if this were to come true... Adding the Black Mamba to Tavon Austin, Chris Givens and Jared Cook would be insane. It would be a track team on the field turf. I feel the need, the Need, for Speed.
Quote:
ROUND THREE

74. St. Louis Rams: Calvin Barnett DT, Oklahoma State

It would be pretty tempting to grab one of those high upside UTs still sitting there in the second round, but as long as we add some good depth to the guys we already have it should be good enough.
Quote:
ROUND FOUR

105. St. Louis Rams: Jonathan Brown OLB, Illinois

Its likely that Dunbar books it for Free Agency after the year so we will need to be bringing in a new SLB so grabbing some mid round talent is likely the route we would take.
Quote:
ROUND FIVE

141. St. Louis Rams: Chris Burnette OG, Georgia

Ill always take linemen in the mid/late rounds because so many of them fall through the cracks and you can always use some young/cheep/good/versatile backups, and Ill always take guys from the SEC or the BigTen when I can.
BeeperKing

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No thanks to Logan Thomas. We don't need a developmental QB; we just drafted Sean Renfree. I'll take the best LB available.

Daboyle250 on the sig

Foster a Falcon '14: Julio Jones

FakingInjuries wrote:

Without those elite targets, [Matt Ryan] is in the same tier as Matt Cassell.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: