Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

DEN LB Miller suspended 6 games; Tried to cheat test [pg.31]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 32, 33, 34  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
game3525

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

simonwayne wrote:
Vulcan_Prime wrote:
Billy Spikes wrote:
Quote:
The suspension not only will cost Miller $806,162 in prorated salary this season, but also it's mandatory under the collective bargaining agreement that he pay back a prorated portion of the $13.773 million signing bonus he received as the No. 2 draft pick in 2011.

That's another $1,215,247. All told, the suspension will cost Miller $2,021,409.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_23909293/wes-welker-back-at-broncos-practice-ryan-lilja

That is a really costly mistake on his end. It might cost the bye-week for Denver as well. But in the end it won't matter because Denver is going to stomp all over that division with Manning, Welker, Decker and Thomas. I don't see a single team with the secondary to stop in that division.

On the other hand Denver might have to score 35+ just to be competitive in a few of their games in the first 6 weeks. We'll see just how good the Denver Offense is because the Saints have had the same problem for a long time.

Lol KC will just put Flowers on Welker, Sean Smith on Thomas and Dunta on Decker and they'll have Berry and Lewis roaming in the backfield.

I wouldn't be surprised to see KC 2-0 Denver this year

The only guy worth a damn in coverage is Flowers.

Manning(and a lot of teams this year....) are going to throw all over that secondary.
Vulcan_Prime

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jakuvious wrote:
Vulcan_Prime wrote:
simonwayne wrote:
We don't have a DB on our team who can handle DT?

Not like Flowers is a borderline top 5 CB or anything... Rolling Eyes

A 5'9'' cornerback is going to handle a 6'3'' top 5 receiver with Peyton Manning throwing the ball? Keep dreaming bud. Rolling Eyes

If you said Sean Smith could handle DT, I could buy that argument seeing as how he's pretty tall and good with Man coverage. But again Peyton Manning is throwing the ball against the KC defense? I take Peyton Manning everytime.

Thomas is not a top 5 receiver, and Flowers's height has not hindered him in the past against plenty of receivers as tall, or taller, than 6'3".

Thomas may not be a top 5 receiver on his own, maybe top 10. But with Manning throwing the ball with his pin point accuracy it makes someone like Thomas extremely dangerous.

There is only so much Flowers can do when he's 6 inches shorter than DT with Manning throwing the ball. Hes gonna need safety help just for DT and that's just going to make it even harder for KC to defend the pass. DT went for over 100 yards and that was without Welker.
CAS22

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

simonwayne wrote:
Vulcan_Prime wrote:
Billy Spikes wrote:
Quote:
The suspension not only will cost Miller $806,162 in prorated salary this season, but also it's mandatory under the collective bargaining agreement that he pay back a prorated portion of the $13.773 million signing bonus he received as the No. 2 draft pick in 2011.

That's another $1,215,247. All told, the suspension will cost Miller $2,021,409.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_23909293/wes-welker-back-at-broncos-practice-ryan-lilja

That is a really costly mistake on his end. It might cost the bye-week for Denver as well. But in the end it won't matter because Denver is going to stomp all over that division with Manning, Welker, Decker and Thomas. I don't see a single team with the secondary to stop in that division.

On the other hand Denver might have to score 35+ just to be competitive in a few of their games in the first 6 weeks. We'll see just how good the Denver Offense is because the Saints have had the same problem for a long time.

Lol KC will just put Flowers on Welker, Sean Smith on Thomas and Dunta on Decker and they'll have Berry and Lewis roaming in the backfield.

I wouldn't be surprised to see KC 2-0 Denver this year

LOLOLOL Dunta would get destroyed by Decker.
patman

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jakuvious wrote:
simonwayne wrote:
Billy Spikes wrote:
***Update***
Quote:
Reality I've confirmed for #Broncos star Von Miller: He is now in Stage 3 of @nfl's drug policy. Next violation is minimum 1-year suspension

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/370174575482376193

I'll keep my fingers crossed that he screws up again lol

Haha glad I wasn't the one to say it first. I feel a bit guilty thinking that, but man is he a good LB.

Why should you feel guilty about that? You are not saying that you hope the guys gets injured, just hoping that he continues to make stupid choices of his own volition .
broncos67

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

simonwayne wrote:
broncos67 wrote:
simonwayne wrote:

I thought Flowers was covering Welker?

Thomas averaged 100 yards and a TD against the chiefs last year.

But please, go on.

He could. Flowers and Smith can both hold him. DT did his work last year vs Stanford freaking Routt

It's cute how much KC fans rag on DT and really the whole WR corps of Denver. We're talking a Top 3 unit at worst. Our receivers in single coverage against almost every team isgoing tto cause some trouble. You're ignorant to think otherwise.

I won't even get into the irony of you talking about fans getting humbled. I think last year sufficed in that area for you all no?

Thanks, Tzimisce
Vulcan_Prime

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncos67 wrote:
simonwayne wrote:
broncos67 wrote:
simonwayne wrote:

But please, go on.

He could. Flowers and Smith can both hold him. DT did his work last year vs Stanford freaking Routt

It's cute how much KC fans rag on DT and really the whole WR corps of Denver. We're talking a Top 3 unit at worst. Our receivers in single coverage against almost every team isgoing tto cause some trouble. You're ignorant to think otherwise.

I won't even get into the irony of you talking about fans getting humbled. I think last year sufficed in that area for you all no?

Well it's only one crazy Kansas homer, not the entire fan-base.
Broncos_OTM

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

simonwayne wrote:
LMAO. I can't wait to watch denver fans get humbled this year
sounds like you need to eat some of that humble pie yourself...
Broncos_OTM

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not to mention the fact that berry is no where near all world... well see if he can prove that his injury he had will not slow him down
Chiefer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Broncos_OTM wrote:
Not to mention the fact that berry is no where near all world... well see if he can prove that his injury he had will not slow him down

The 2nd half of last year he was the best safety in the NFL, but that's totally OT so whatevers.

Anyways, VM better shape-up man. Got a world's worth a talent and barely grasping the potential. Getting in trouble should be the last thing on mind.
IDOG_det

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobody wants to hear about the Chiefs...nobody.

As for Miller, I don't think this is the last suspension we see from him
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #1: Eric Ebron
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #2: Martin Mayhew

R.I.P. Stylish
Boltstrikes

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncos67 wrote:
simonwayne wrote:
broncos67 wrote:
simonwayne wrote:

But please, go on.

Top 3 at worst? I'm very interested in your list. Are you going off strictly receiver ability or are you considering the Manning factor?
Jakuvious

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vulcan_Prime wrote:

Thomas may not be a top 5 receiver on his own, maybe top 10. But with Manning throwing the ball with his pin point accuracy it makes someone like Thomas extremely dangerous.

There is only so much Flowers can do when he's 6 inches shorter than DT with Manning throwing the ball. Hes gonna need safety help just for DT and that's just going to make it even harder for KC to defend the pass. DT went for over 100 yards and that was without Welker.

A fair point, certainly. Considering we're talking about an actual in game scenario. Flowers and Thomas simply as a general one on one matchup, I'd say Flowers can handle him despite the height, but Manning's precision does tip things in Thomas's favor.

Adopt-a-Chief: Travis "Better Than Tony Moeaki" Kelce
56 catches, 747 yards, 5 TDs, one very funny obscene gesture, and one fumble that wasn't a fumble
Jakuvious

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

patman wrote:

Why should you feel guilty about that? You are not saying that you hope the guys gets injured, just hoping that he continues to make stupid choices of his own volition .

Never wanna wish ill on another. Even self-inflicted ill.

Adopt-a-Chief: Travis "Better Than Tony Moeaki" Kelce
56 catches, 747 yards, 5 TDs, one very funny obscene gesture, and one fumble that wasn't a fumble
ninerfanwheelz

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

simonwayne wrote:
P-52 wrote:
the Aldon vs Von can now be put to rest

Aldon>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Laughing

No kidding. Can't wait for Broncos fans to act like this is no big deal lol.

Chiefs are taking this division. Mark my words fellas

I marked your words last year though so I'm a little bit concerned

Deadpulse on the sig

CaliforniaKid7 wrote:
How does it end? Hopefully it's a guy snake cause girls don't poop.
broncos67

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boltstrikes wrote:
broncos67 wrote:
simonwayne wrote:
broncos67 wrote:
simonwayne wrote:

But please, go on.

Top 3 at worst? I'm very interested in your list. Are you going off strictly receiver ability or are you considering the Manning factor?

I'm talking the WR corps as a whole. Where do you think they would rank? I mean, Denver/GB/ATL are pretty much the top 3, and if we're talking only WRs (not TEs or RBs) then these three are very, very close to each other.

I don't really see an argument for another team above either of these 3 right now.

Thanks, Tzimisce

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 32, 33, 34  Next
Page 24 of 34

Jump to: