Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Bills Safety Jarius Byrd holding out of TC; Signed tender
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DawgX

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know why Buffalo didn't give him an extension awhile ago. I would love it if Byrd somehow ended up a Cleveland Brown. Cool

Smack on the sig.
marshawn lynch

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flaccomania wrote:

Like the other poster said, it's their fault for not getting it done sooner.

Of course all players want to be the highest paid -- the Bills simply need to give him a fair (note: not "fair" to them, but to both sides) offer, which I'm sure both sides want.

They screwed the pooch on this and now they are laying in the bed they made.

Offering to make him a top 5 paid safety in the NFL is extremely fair. Byrd is at fault here. Hands down. What good could come from by holding out after the deadline past. All of the other players who were tagged signed their deals. He is just hurting himself and the team by not reporting. Shows he is not a team first type of player. I can understand him holding out of OTAs for trying to get a deal but once that deadline past holding out just became pointless... So instead of just signing his 1 year 7 million dollar tender, he is hurting the team and trying to get a 1 year 9 million dollar deal. Pretty stupid if you ask me.

Good thing we are deep at the safety position. Don't let the door hit you on the way out you selfish jerk.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bryd should have signed his franchise tag and then worked on a long term deal (which is what the Bills tried to do). Why he is still holding out is beyond me...zero chance he sits out the year so why delay the inevitable and not show up to camp? When he does return he'll be out of shape and won't know the defence...maybe Eugene Parker should look back to the J. Peters situation in which he screwed his client and the Bills got the better end of the deal.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I think the person I blame most in this whole ordeal is Eugene Parker. He always seems to talk his players into being unreasonable. From everything I've read, Buffalo had offered him a very fair deal, but Parker had him holding out to be the top paid Safety.

Considering Berry is only making that much because his was picked 5th before rookie salaries were brought under control, and no Safety has ever actually negotiated for $10 million+ a year before by any other means, that seems a bit unreasonable even for a player as good as him.

Beyond that, if a brand new GM came in and completely caved to give him exactly what he wanted in his first major negotiation, that wouldn't exactly bode well for their ability to deal with agents in the future. Looking at the long term, even if this means that Byrd holds out all of training camp, I think it's the best decision for the team in the long run.

Unfortunately, Buffalo isn't exactly a favorite to contend this year even with him.
Chiefer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flaccomania wrote:
Steelerspower wrote:
You'll make 6-7 million in 2013 and you make a holdout?

c'mon man!

And if he blows his knee out and can never play again? He'll have $6-7m instead of $15m+ guaranteed that he can likely get.

I don't blame him in the slightest. If they want him long-term, then show him.

First World Problems
BlackandBlue

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

marshawn lynch wrote:
Flaccomania wrote:

Of course all players want to be the highest paid -- the Bills simply need to give him a fair (note: not "fair" to them, but to both sides) offer, which I'm sure both sides want.

Offering to make him a top 5 paid safety in the NFL is extremely fair. Byrd is at fault here. Hands down. What good could come from by holding out after the deadline past. All of the other players who were tagged signed their deals. He is just hurting himself and the team by not reporting. Shows he is not a team first type of player. I can understand him holding out of OTAs for trying to get a deal but once that deadline past holding out just became pointless... So instead of just signing his 1 year 7 million dollar tender, he is hurting the team and trying to get a 1 year 9 million dollar deal. Pretty stupid if you ask me.

Good thing we are deep at the safety position. Don't let the door hit you on the way out you selfish jerk.

Serious question: if Byrd played abysmally this year, or had a gruesome injury, would you want the team to sign him to a huge contract? If not, then why do you expect him to have any sort of loyalty to the team? They would cut him the second they think his salary is outliving his impact on the field.
Notmyfault

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

marshawn lynch wrote:
Flaccomania wrote:

Not his fault this incompetent franchise was too cheap to offer him what he is worth. Byrd can holdout until the week before the season starts and will still be the starter and everyone on the Bills knows it.
marshawn lynch

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Notmyfault wrote:

Not his fault this incompetent franchise was too cheap to offer him what he is worth. Byrd can holdout until the week before the season starts and will still be the starter and everyone on the Bills knows it.
To cheap to offer what he is worth? Bull. We wanted to make him a top 5 paid safety which is exactly what he is worth. He is just upset that the Bills won't over pay for him... Our offer was extremely fair to both sides. His agent is the biggest jerk there is so he is playing a big role in this.

If Byrd held out that long, he probably wouldn't start much before week 2 or 3. He doesn't have a playbook and will not know the defense. Searcy and Williams are capable of holding down the fort until he is ready...

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marshawn lynch wrote:
Notmyfault wrote:

To cheap to offer what he is worth? Bull. We wanted to make him a top 5 paid safety which is exactly what he is worth. He is just upset that the Bills won't over pay for him... Our offer was extremely fair to both sides. His agent is the biggest jerk there is so he is playing a big role in this.

If Byrd held out that long, he probably wouldn't start much before week 2 or 3. He doesn't have a playbook and will not know the defense. Searcy and Williams are capable of holding down the fort until he is ready...

Aaron Williams hasn't played a NFL snap at S yet. I think the Bills are hoping either Aaron or a rookie steps up and Byrd will walk.
Jeezla

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

More reps for Duke Williams.

Kilty Sig '15 Wish List: L Collins, K Joseph, D Perryman, T Clemmings, E Rowe, H Kikaha, X Cooper
LeeEvans

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeezla wrote:
Who, could be a starter by the start of the season or definitely the end of it in my opinion.

The night is dark and full of terrors.
Jeezla

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LeeEvans wrote:
Jeezla wrote:
Who, could be a starter by the start of the season or definitely the end of it in my opinion.

My fave safety in the draft.

Kilty Sig '15 Wish List: L Collins, K Joseph, D Perryman, T Clemmings, E Rowe, H Kikaha, X Cooper
twslhs20

Location: Where the true depth of one's soul doesn't resonate with the world
PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If he holds out, he is bound to the franchise tag for next season.

Bills hold the cards. They can work a trade, or try this again next year.

Don't blame Byrd in the least.

Joe_is_the_best ^^

BWG VIKE wrote:
Teddy needs a Snickers, he looks like Ponder when he is hungry
candyman93

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Send Byrd to Cleveland for a 2nd + the extra 3rd and 4th round picks we have.

K thnx

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

candyman93 wrote:
Send Byrd to Cleveland for a 2nd + the extra 3rd and 4th round picks we have.

K thnx
1st + a 3rd should do it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: