Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Bills Safety Jarius Byrd holding out of TC; Signed tender
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Thomas5737

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marshawn lynch wrote:
candyman93 wrote:
Send Byrd to Cleveland for a 2nd + the extra 3rd and 4th round picks we have.

K thnx
1st + a 3rd should do it.

Not sure I'd do a 2nd 3rd and 4th, certainly not a 1st and 3rd. You still have to pay him free agency money and lose the potential to draft a Clowney or Bridgewater (not that I think the Browns will be picking that high, but many do).

I personally wouldn't give more than a 3rd and 4th. Not that his value isn't better than that, but everything considered, that would be my offer.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marshawn lynch wrote:
candyman93 wrote:

K thnx

Zero chance I'd give up that 1st when we don't know about how Brandon Weeden will perform. We might be bad enough still to need a Bridgewater or Fales. I'd give up any other pick but our 1st rounder.

You've been here 7 and still haven't picked a team.
Dawgpoun8017

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marshawn lynch wrote:
candyman93 wrote:

K thnx

GIFSoup

Adopt a Brownie

TJ "Trauma" Ward

TKL- 75, INT- 2, Sack- 1.5,PDF-7, TD-2

BlackandBlue

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look what just happened to Maclin and say with a straight face that Byrd should report to training camp.

So Mark Sanchez was a better player last season than Russel Wilson?

Depends on what you are looking for. Breaking down defenses I would take Sanchez no doubt.
Thelonebillsfan

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BlackandBlue wrote:
Look what just happened to Maclin and say with a straight face that Byrd should report to training camp.

So Byrd should sit the rest of the year then?

Because he didn't get a deal done, the deadline passed, so no matter if he's at home making nothing, or at training camp making 9+ million, he's not making a dime more than the franchise tag this year because the deadline is PASSED.

Byrd is throwing a fit. We tried to get a deal done, the sides were too far apart, it happens. Bit the bullet, toughen up, and show up and do your job and showcase to the Bills or the 31 other teams that you're worth being paid the highest out of all safety's in the NFL.
BlackandBlue

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thelonebillsfan wrote:
BlackandBlue wrote:

Because he didn't get a deal done, the deadline passed, so no matter if he's at home making nothing, or at training camp making 9+ million, he's not making a dime more than the franchise tag this year because the deadline is PASSED.

Byrd is throwing a fit. We tried to get a deal done, the sides were too far apart, it happens. Bit the bullet, toughen up, and show up and do your job and showcase to the Bills or the 31 other teams that you're worth being paid the highest out of all safety's in the NFL.

Then why so are you upset if no one is being hurt but Byrd himself?

Depends on what you are looking for. Breaking down defenses I would take Sanchez no doubt.
Thelonebillsfan

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where in that sentence did you get that? I said that no matter what he does, it makes no difference because he can't get a new deal until the offseason. That's really it. So I find this whole hold-out pointless. Because it is pointless, he gains absolutely nothing from it.
marshawn lynch

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BlackandBlue wrote:
Not reporting also has dangers of an injury. When he does show up he won't be in game shape most likely. Injuries are part of the game. Skipping Camp would lessen the risk of hurting himself before the season but it also inceases his chances of hurting himself during the regular season.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most likely at this point the contention is that he wants the Bills to agree not to franchise him again next year if he signs. Honestly, I don't think even skipping training camp is the wisest decision, not so much because of the injury risk as because going into the season blind will do two things.

1. Likely hurt his performance this year.
2. Give him a reputation for being difficult with contract negotiations.

Both are would lessen his chances at a big contract when the money comes up again next year.
oakdb36

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thelonebillsfan wrote:

He won't but he's not going to spend anytime risking his health in TC. He'll play football when he has no alternative.
pigsooie5

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With the Bears likely to have between 40-50 million next offseason, and Major Wright/Charles Tillman/Tim Jennings all FA's, I'd be willing to bet Byrd's a Chicago Bear in 2014. He seems like a Phil Emery guy to me and theres no chance he stays in Buffalo, especially if he doesn't produce as highly as before under their new system.

BEARS------BULLS------DODGERS------KINGS
Adopt-A-Bear: Kyle Long, Guard
marshawn lynch

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pigsooie5 wrote:
With the Bears likely to have between 40-50 million next offseason, and Major Wright/Charles Tillman/Tim Jennings all FA's, I'd be willing to bet Byrd's a Chicago Bear in 2014. He seems like a Phil Emery guy to me and theres no chance he stays in Buffalo, especially if he doesn't produce as highly as before under their new system.

Bills can still tag Byrd for 8.2 million next year which is still less than what Byrd is asking for so I don't believe he will leave until 2015 unless we trade him.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So fans of the other 31 teams are saying Buffalo is incompetent for not making him the highest paid S in the league, but then wouldn't be willing to give up their 1st rounder for the guy? Rolling Eyes

Buffalo would be truly incompetent if they traded him for anything less then a 1st.

Bryd will be a Bill this year, and next.

I'm all about my BILLS, I'm on my Stevie Johnson .... I mean Sammy Watkins.
JaguarCrazy2832

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trentwannabe wrote:
So fans of the other 31 teams are saying Buffalo is incompetent for not making him the highest paid S in the league, but then wouldn't be willing to give up their 1st rounder for the guy? Rolling Eyes

Buffalo would be truly incompetent if they traded him for anything less then a 1st.

The difference is:

1. The safety grouping in the NFL isnt as strong as other positions so he is closer to the top than most might think

2. Alot of young elite-caliber safeties havnt gotten their long-term extensions so once Byrd does he will be the highest paid, then guys like Chancellor/Thomas/Berry etc will surpass that

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trentwannabe wrote:

A first rounder is kind of a big deal. If it was just a matter of money a ton of teams would be willing and able to sign him.

I'd be a little more willing to give Buffalo the benefit of the doubt if they didn't just massively overpay a player who hasn't been nearly as good as Byrd has been the last couple of years.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: