Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Jets Holmes goes on PUP, not sure if he'll play this season
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
green24

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DetroitPride26 wrote:
Rockice_8 wrote:
He's gone after next year most likely and the Jets will be going WR early in the 2014 draft. They are thin at WR but with Braylon, Hill, Kerley and Gates they have capable WR's, they just lack depth.

I don't think he will but I honestly wouldn't mind him missing the year so really not concerned either way. Hill and Kerley are the future so the more time Geno gets with them the better.

There are a few big time WR's coming out next year and with the Jets most likely picking in a similar position as last year (top half of the draft) they should be able to get their hands on one of them if they wish.

Jets are thin everywhere. There isn't a position of strength you guys have right now..

DE? CB? C? OT?
DetroitPride26

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
DetroitPride26 wrote:
Rockice_8 wrote:
He's gone after next year most likely and the Jets will be going WR early in the 2014 draft. They are thin at WR but with Braylon, Hill, Kerley and Gates they have capable WR's, they just lack depth.

I don't think he will but I honestly wouldn't mind him missing the year so really not concerned either way. Hill and Kerley are the future so the more time Geno gets with them the better.

There are a few big time WR's coming out next year and with the Jets most likely picking in a similar position as last year (top half of the draft) they should be able to get their hands on one of them if they wish.

Jets are thin everywhere. There isn't a position of strength you guys have right now..

DE? CB? C? OT?

You have cromartie...he's maybe a little above average now a days. who at DE? Same with Mangold. Hes pretty good. Nothing special. And I give you Ferguson. When healthy he's one of the best...you guys have a lot of work to do and need to be in rebuild mode..
Rockice_8

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DetroitPride26 wrote:
green24 wrote:
DetroitPride26 wrote:
Rockice_8 wrote:

DE? CB? C? OT?

You have cromartie...he's maybe a little above average now a days. who at DE? Same with Mangold. Hes pretty good. Nothing special. And I give you Ferguson. When healthy he's one of the best...you guys have a lot of work to do and need to be in rebuild mode..

Dude you won 4 games last year. . .

Our D-line is one of the most talented in the league and you would kill for CB's so you need to relax with that.

Props to Mack on the sig
Malik

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DetroitPride26 wrote:
green24 wrote:
DetroitPride26 wrote:
Rockice_8 wrote:

DE? CB? C? OT?

lol what? Mangold has at worse been considered the 5th best center in the league with the majority of the time in the league considered the consensus best. Stop you have no idea what you're talking about. Go sit in the corner and be quiet.
DetroitPride26

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rockice_8 wrote:
DetroitPride26 wrote:
green24 wrote:
DetroitPride26 wrote:
Rockice_8 wrote:

DE? CB? C? OT?

Dude you won 4 games last year. . .

Our D-line is one of the most talented in the league and you would kill for CB's so you need to relax with that.

Pretty Sure Detroit D-Line is just about light years ahead of Jets...and we have some up and comers..We'll see this year. And I definitely wouldn't kill for Jet's DB's...Maybe pay Cromartie coming from SD a while ago but not now...and maybe Kyle Wilson in a trade. But nothing huge..
Jetsfandan423

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparently Holmes is telling friends he expects to be out for the first 4 games of the season. As much as I dislike his attitude, if we can get him fully healthy I don't mind waiting.

Adopt a Jet: David Harris
TCK: 123 SACK: 2 FF: 1 INT:
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

***Update***
Quote:
Santonio Holmes broke into a jog as he headed toward the interview tent Monday after practice, perhaps a show for the cameras -- a way to counter the skepticism that has emerged regarding his recovery from a LisFranc foot injury. Once he got to the tent, though, Holmes didn't paint an optimistic picture.

"Right now, I can't run," said the veteran receiver, giving a rather blunt update on his condition.

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/jets/post/_/id/25350/holmes-right-now-i-cant-run
Tom Brady Tribute
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jets think Santonio is milking injury

Quote:
A source tells the New York Post that Santonio Holmes (foot) has received medical clearance to begin football activities, but Holmes is resisting.
Officially, the Jets have said Holmes doesn't have clearance. The Post hears that "many people around the team believe the mercurial wide receiver is just trying to avoid training camp and he is healthier than he is letting on." It's yet another bad look for Holmes, whose effort has been questioned ever since ex-Jets GM Mike Tannenbaum gave him a $45 million contract in 2011. Holmes says his foot is in too much pain daily and "won't go away."

Tom Brady Tribute
green24

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's the New York Post so I'll take that report with a pound and a half of salt. I wouldn't put that past Holmes though.
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

***Update***
Quote:
WR Santonio Holmes has been moved from Active/Physically Unable to Perform to the Jets' active roster:

https://twitter.com/nyjets/status/371046930526134272
Tom Brady Tribute
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Billy Spikes wrote:
***Update***
Quote:
WR Santonio Holmes has been moved from Active/Physically Unable to Perform to the Jets' active roster:

https://twitter.com/nyjets/status/371046930526134272

So does this mean he is ready to go, was this whole thing just a ploy to get out of camp? Brett Favre would be proud.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man, it will be nice for the Jets to be done with this guy.
kmvoss

kmvoss

kmvoss

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: