Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

49ers trade WR A.J. Jenkins for Chiefs WR Jon Baldwin
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Arrowhead86

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm think the 49'ers got the better end of this deal for the WR downfiled blocking alone. Niners are a running team first and foremost.

Then.. if the light clicks on for him and he can be the red zone beast his physical gifts seem to imply he's capable of.. pretty god deal indeed for them.

I also think Boldin is a great mentor for him. Bowe is not the leader that Boldin is, at least not yet anyway. (#hopeful he will be someday)

As for AJJ... meh. Guess we'll see...
jrry32

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jwalter_81 wrote:
Supersuavesky wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
Poop for poop. 49ers...if you want to draft better at WR, give me a call.
Um.. What?

LOL I know right?! Not like the Rams have had much luck recently drafting good WRs either lol

I haven't been picking for the Rams.

I'm not perfect but I've made a lot of good calls on WRs outside the 1st round over the last few years including T.Y. Hilton, Denarius Moore, Torrey Smith and Chris Givens. I also was really high on Alshon Jeffery and Greg Little and I believe both of them will be added to the success list sooner than later.

Plus I was really high on DeMaryius Thomas, Julio Jones, AJ Green, Hakeem Nicks, Percy Harvin and Tavon Austin as 1st round prospects.

The only big whiff I have recently on a guy that I really liked was Greg Salas.

There have been some WRs that I didn't particularly like for one reason or another that have panned out as well such as Dez Bryant(character) and Josh Gordon(character). But I don't weigh them as heavily because there's a difference whiffing on someone you would draft vs. someone you wouldn't.

As far as the 2013 Draft, the outside the first round prospects that I really loved are Markus Wheaton, Keenan Allen and Stedman Bailey. Terrance Williams was also high on my list but I didn't make a guarantee on him like I made on those three.

Regardless, WR is probably the position that I scout most effectively and I've done really well of late with my WR choices.

But it wasn't really a serious post anyways.

The LBC wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
Don't worry. Sean Payton would pass the ball in a Tornado.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
green24

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry>>>

I'd hire him if I was a GM.
imani

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
jrry>>>

I'd hire him if I was a GM.

When you put the work in, it shows.

wwhickok wrote:
I don't believe for one second that Seattle makes it out of their first playoff game.

Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
Dr. Philly

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jrry if it makes you feel better, Salas may make the team here.

simonwayne wrote:
LeBron has done for the NBA what Teen Mom has done for teenage pregnancies

#JDI
jrry32

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dr. Philly wrote:

Meh. Broke his leg as a rookie after looking pretty good after a rough start and just hasn't gotten it done since.

Was really disappointed he didn't workout. Had some serious YAC skills out of the slot. But, can't hit on them all.

The LBC wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
Don't worry. Sean Payton would pass the ball in a Tornado.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
Dr. Philly

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
Dr. Philly wrote:

Meh. Broke his leg as a rookie after looking pretty good after a rough start and just hasn't gotten it done since.

Was really disappointed he didn't workout. Had some serious YAC skills out of the slot. But, can't hit on them all.

I was a fan of him and Pettis. How is he doing btw.

simonwayne wrote:
LeBron has done for the NBA what Teen Mom has done for teenage pregnancies

#JDI
jwalter_81

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
jwalter_81 wrote:
Supersuavesky wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
Um.. What?

LOL I know right?! Not like the Rams have had much luck recently drafting good WRs either lol

I'm not perfect but I've made a lot of good calls on WRs outside the 1st round over the last few years including T.Y. Hilton, Denarius Moore, Torrey Smith and Chris Givens. I also was really high on Alshon Jeffery and Greg Little and I believe both of them will be added to the success list sooner than later.

Plus I was really high on DeMaryius Thomas, Julio Jones, AJ Green, Hakeem Nicks, Percy Harvin and Tavon Austin as 1st round prospects.

There have been some WRs that I didn't particularly like for one reason or another that have panned out as well such as Dez Bryant(character) and Josh Gordon(character). But I don't weigh them as heavily because there's a difference whiffing on someone you would draft vs. someone you wouldn't.

As far as the 2013 Draft, the outside the first round prospects that I really loved are Markus Wheaton, Keenan Allen and Stedman Bailey. Terrance Williams was also high on my list but I didn't make a guarantee on him like I made on those three.

Regardless, WR is probably the position that I scout most effectively and I've done really well of late with my WR choices.

As I said in a post after the one you quoted, "I stand corrected". Thought you were sneak dissing the 49ers WRs haha so obviously gotta throw a shot back across the bow if that were the case.
simonwayne

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dude I'd hire jrry as a GM
FootballProdiG

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
jwalter_81 wrote:
Supersuavesky wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
Um.. What?

Salas did pretty good in the pre season and is definitely making the starting roster. He was making all kinds of plays.
BangBang

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

simonwayne wrote:
Dude I'd hire jrry as a GM

As a consultant at the very least.
ninerfanwheelz

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

riceraider8080 wrote:
ninerfanwheelz wrote:
48 1/2ers wrote:
ninerfanwheelz wrote:
Did not see this coming. I'm glad Trent Baalke is able to swallow his pride like this and admit he made a mistake. If Jenkins wasn't good enough to make the team, I don't want him getting a spot simply because of his draft status

Not really expecting Baldwin to make the team though

Really? Who do you expect to be our 5 WRs to start the year? It's not like we've seen anyone in preseason step up to earn a spot....

Boldin
Kdub
Patton

....Collie, Marlon Moore, Osgood, Lockette, Hall, Jacobs?

Really. I don't think he's that good.

The 3 you mentioned plus Moore will make the team no doubt imo, while the rest compete for the last 1 or 2 spots. Of course he could prove me wrong and make the team. I'm probably biased though as I've never thought highly of him as a player

Plus wont they have to cut a WR after week 6 when Manningham comes off PUP?

I don't think Baldwin has the time to even get himself on a level playing field with the rest of the WRs mentally...

Correct. But one of the 49ers' beat writers tweeted that he thinks Baldwin will make the team no question. Surprises me, we'll see how much PT he gets

BaltimoreTerp wrote:
I hear within 5 years the fans at Jags games will be able to vote via Twitter on the in-game playcalls.
RaisinBran

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baldwin has way more potential. Just needs to get his head in the game.

Forge

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ninerfanwheelz wrote:
riceraider8080 wrote:
ninerfanwheelz wrote:
48 1/2ers wrote:
ninerfanwheelz wrote:
Did not see this coming. I'm glad Trent Baalke is able to swallow his pride like this and admit he made a mistake. If Jenkins wasn't good enough to make the team, I don't want him getting a spot simply because of his draft status

Not really expecting Baldwin to make the team though

Really? Who do you expect to be our 5 WRs to start the year? It's not like we've seen anyone in preseason step up to earn a spot....

Boldin
Kdub
Patton

....Collie, Marlon Moore, Osgood, Lockette, Hall, Jacobs?

Really. I don't think he's that good.

The 3 you mentioned plus Moore will make the team no doubt imo, while the rest compete for the last 1 or 2 spots. Of course he could prove me wrong and make the team. I'm probably biased though as I've never thought highly of him as a player

Plus wont they have to cut a WR after week 6 when Manningham comes off PUP?

I don't think Baldwin has the time to even get himself on a level playing field with the rest of the WRs mentally...

Correct. But one of the 49ers' beat writers tweeted that he thinks Baldwin will make the team no question. Surprises me, we'll see how much PT he gets

Yeah, I don't see any way in which he doesn't make the team, especially with them cutting Lockette now as well. The staff knows that they're not going to have the time to make a full on evaluation of his playing ability in the short time he's been on the team by the time the season starts. His potential alone will keep him on the team for at least one year. If I had to guess, I'd say we will see something like Crabtree (PUP) / Manningham (PUP), Boldin/Williams/Baldwin/Patton/Moore/Collie to start the season with one of them being cut when Manningham is eligible to come off.

Two in harmony surpasses one in perfection - P3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Page 9 of 9

Jump to: