Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Voided: Hawks trade OG Moffit to Browns for DE Brian Sanford
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Thelonebillsfan

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

imani wrote:
hawksman81 wrote:
The Cold War continues.

This is no longer a coincidence Laughing

It's made the offseason infinitely more entertaining.

Adopt a Bill: WR, Robert Woods 5 rec, 86 Yards, 1 TD's
Adopt a Bill: DE/OLB, Mario Williams 8 TKLS, 4.5 Sacks, 4.5 TFL
49ers Finest

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

imani wrote:
hawksman81 wrote:
The Cold War continues.

This is no longer a coincidence Laughing

Seriously. It's kinda funny now though.

We sign to and you guys get chad? Deal

new sig... sorry alex
Meeker

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sanford is listed at 280, so I would assume he is more of a 5-tech and possibly play some snaps at 3-tech? If so, his chances of making the roster are slim IMO. We have good depth at the position with Red Bryant, Michael Bennett, and Jaye Howard.

John Moffitt is never going to become a great OG, but he will be serviceable for a while IMO. A Hawks fan recently compared him to Chris Gray, the Hawks RG during the 2000s, which is a very good comparison IMO; He is a great technician that lacks the dominating physical strength...something Seattle likes in their OL.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meeker wrote:
Sanford is listed at 280, so I would assume he is more of a 5-tech and possibly play some snaps at 3-tech? If so, his chances of making the roster are slim IMO. We have good depth at the position with Red Bryant, Michael Bennett, and Jaye Howard.

John Moffitt is never going to become a great OG, but he will be serviceable for a while IMO. A Hawks fan recently compared him to Chris Gray, the Hawks RG during the 2000s, which is a very good comparison IMO; He is a great technician that lacks the dominating physical strength...something Seattle likes in their OL.

Moffitt slacks off too much and doesn't appear to dedicate himself to improving. Not saying that's true, but just what I pick up from his time in Seattle. Either way, glad we got something for him.
Meeker

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pie Romania wrote:
Meeker wrote:

Moffitt slacks off too much and doesn't appear to dedicate himself to improving. Not saying that's true, but just what I pick up from his time in Seattle. Either way, glad we got something for him.

Moffitt is in the best shape of his career. Its quite clear if you saw him on RRR. Seems like he finally felt the pressure.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the trade for the Browns. I hope Gilkey is given the chance to start at guard, but at the very least Moffit should provide some quality depth which the Browns clearly need.

Sanford should provide quality depth for the Seahawks. He just wasn't going to see much playing time for the Browns, so I'm glad they were able to trade him.

Smack on the sig.
SoCalNiner

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is getting ridiculous.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know if this trade benefited either side Moffitt didn't seem to take his job seriously he was a joker off the field probably fell out of favor with the FO.
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meeker wrote:
Pie Romania wrote:
Meeker wrote:

Moffitt is in the best shape of his career. Its quite clear if you saw him on RRR. Seems like he finally felt the pressure.
if it takes a guy 3 seasons to become mildly concientcious about being in shape I don't look at that as a good thing. He still did very little weight lifting from my understanding. The bare minimum. Not a fan of his as a player.

ram29jackson wrote:
LO freaking L...Seahawks aren't repeating crap and you can book that
ninerfanwheelz

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This has to stop Laughing

Deadpulse on the sig

CaliforniaKid7 wrote:
How does it end? Hopefully it's a guy snake cause girls don't poop.
Biggsam49

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoCalNiner wrote:
This is getting ridiculous.

We're long past ridiculous.
Tooki

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
Meeker wrote:
Pie Romania wrote:
Meeker wrote:

if it takes a guy 3 seasons to become mildly concientcious about being in shape I don't look at that as a good thing. He still did very little weight lifting from my understanding. The bare minimum. Not a fan of his as a player.

I agree. He reminds me of Golden Tate a couple of years ago, except Golden was always in good physical shape. I wish him luck with the Browns but with how well JR Sweezy is doing so far, I'm not fussed.
hawkman98272

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trade got voided because of Moffitt's knee.

Apparently he'll be traded to Denver....lol?

IDOG_det

#JDI
hawkman98272

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sealver Siliga from Denver is now a Seahawk according to his twitter.

IDOG_det

#JDI
nugpimpen

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anarchy

IDOG_det on the incredible sig!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: