Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Texans DE Antonio Smith suspended for 3 games [1 reg, 2 pre]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Joe_is_the_best

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titans0021 wrote:
patdt13 wrote:
@BenVolin 2m
RT @McClain_on_NFL: Antonio Smith said he thinks suspension is harsh cause he pulled back and wasn't trying to hit Incognito
Oh, so he pulled back from hitting a man in the face with his own helmet. Dude is a saint.
I can just imagine him trying to explain that...

You see.. he was grabbing me & stuff, so I took his helmet off and swung. Mid-swing I decided not to hit him, but it was too late. Sorry
TheKillerNacho

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CAS22 wrote:
eagles101 wrote:
Billy Spikes wrote:
eagles101 wrote:
CAS22 wrote:
titans0021 wrote:
Billy Spikes wrote:
***Update***
Quote:
Texans DE Antonio Smith will be appealing his fine and one-game suspension.

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/369908151610802176
Are you kidding me?

He appealed his $22,000 fine for his shot against Incognito last year and got it cut in half.

wait smith got fined for an attack on incognito before?

As i wrote in the OP... last season Smith received a $21,000 fine for kicking Incognito.

o missed that. my bad

but ya CAS22 he obviously was trying to break his ankle. probably was taking bites out of it while he was down there too.

Oh ya because you, as an Eagles fan, were watching the Texans/Dolphins game from last year and remember it vividly.

CAS22's logic:

If Dolphins fan -> Claim they are being homer for condemning Antonio Smith.

If division rival fan -> Claim they're hating on the Texans for condemning Antonio Smith.

If 3rd party observer -> Claim they don't know what they're talking about for condemning Antonio Smith.

Laughing

Nacho Simulation Football League
ovaw8lover

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any person defending Smith on this one is not being objective. Incognito's past is a moot point in all of this. Not only that but Incognito's actions were never anything like this. He would hold, clip, spit, maybe even throw a sneak jab at another persons face mask but never has he ever maliciously intended to hurt anyone. That move by Smith was malicious. Suspending him for only the preseason is doing him a favor. Suspend him one regular season game where he feels his paycheck. Incognito would have been within his right to go off on Smith after that stunt he pulled.
Victor Cruz Pun

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

reckless123 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
ViolentMonk71 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Honestly wish Smith would've connected. Incognito is such a piece of trash. He's always the instigator and never changes. Why doesn't this classless pig ever get any suspensions or anything for the crap he pulls?

Interesting you say that....no personal fouls in the last two season and only one fine (in 2011)...

Also....are you saying that because he plays the way he does he should be subjected to being hit the the head with a hard blunt object that could lead to permanent damage....talk about classless...

You're kidding me right? This creep has been asking for it for a LONG time. Remember when he tried to break Smith's ankle? Because of this incident against him, he magically is absolved of all his dirty play? Hell, on the same play he was trying to rip Smith's head off his neck with his facemask.

2 Wrongs dont make a Right.

Violent Monk's name is oh so ironic considering his post Laughing

It's kind of a joke that Smiths only missing 1 regular season game I would at least make it 4 but it's better than nothing if my math is right.

Thanks to GopherWrestler for the sig.
Jaytrajik

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smith is an idiot. If it's not this he's costing us 15 yards on a valuable play because he can't keep his temper in check. Yea, I'm sure you guys remember the play I'm talking about.

It would be different if this was a rare occasion but seriously how many times has he hurt the team because of crap like this?

"I don't always throw a TD pass but when i do, it's to the wrong team" - The most interesting man in Houston #8
Victor Cruz Pun

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheKillerNacho wrote:
CAS22 wrote:
eagles101 wrote:
Billy Spikes wrote:
eagles101 wrote:
CAS22 wrote:
titans0021 wrote:
Billy Spikes wrote:
***Update***
Quote:
Texans DE Antonio Smith will be appealing his fine and one-game suspension.

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/369908151610802176
Are you kidding me?

He appealed his $22,000 fine for his shot against Incognito last year and got it cut in half.

wait smith got fined for an attack on incognito before?

As i wrote in the OP... last season Smith received a $21,000 fine for kicking Incognito.

o missed that. my bad

but ya CAS22 he obviously was trying to break his ankle. probably was taking bites out of it while he was down there too.

Oh ya because you, as an Eagles fan, were watching the Texans/Dolphins game from last year and remember it vividly.

CAS22's logic:

If Dolphins fan -> Claim they are being homer for condemning Antonio Smith.

If division rival fan -> Claim they're hating on the Texans for condemning Antonio Smith.

If 3rd party observer -> Claim they don't know what they're talking about for condemning Antonio Smith.

Laughing

If Texans fan> Claim they're not a real fan.

Thanks to GopherWrestler for the sig.
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder what the NFL is gonna do about the ref who was standing right in front of Smith and Incognito and did nothing! no getting in between, no flag after the play... what was he thinking? no way he missed it.
Tom Brady Tribute
Twizlers

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ovaw8lover wrote:
Any person defending Smith on this one is not being objective. Incognito's past is a moot point in all of this. Not only that but Incognito's actions were never anything like this. He would hold, clip, spit, maybe even throw a sneak jab at another persons face mask but never has he ever maliciously intended to hurt anyone. That move by Smith was malicious. Suspending him for only the preseason is doing him a favor. Suspend him one regular season game where he feels his paycheck. Incognito would have been within his right to go off on Smith after that stunt he pulled.

Didn't he try and break someone's already injured ankle last year?

Rivers2GatesTD wrote:
Tebow 3:21
"And the haters hath much hate for the Tebow, but he looked upon his fourth quarter comeback, and saw that it was good."
ViolentMonk71

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Twizlers wrote:
ovaw8lover wrote:

No....curious as to what incident you are referring to?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ViolentMonk71 wrote:
Twizlers wrote:
ovaw8lover wrote:

No....curious as to what incident you are referring to?

Oh it was the one Antonio Smith was fined on. It probably was already discussed, cbf to read all 14 pages.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000061641/article/video-antonio-smithrichie-incognito-incident

Rivers2GatesTD wrote:
Tebow 3:21
"And the haters hath much hate for the Tebow, but he looked upon his fourth quarter comeback, and saw that it was good."
amazingandre

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smith and Incognito are both dirty players who push the limit. Smith was wrong here and shouldn't have swung the helmet, nothing justified that.

BUT as it pertains to last season, Incognito was CLEARLY doing something to Smiths leg. You don't jump on a guys leg and hold on for no reason. nothing justifies that. Its dirty.
eagles101

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

amazingandre wrote:
Smith and Incognito are both dirty players who push the limit. Smith was wrong here and shouldn't have swung the helmet, nothing justified that.

BUT as it pertains to last season, Incognito was CLEARLY doing something to Smiths leg. You don't jump on a guys leg and hold on for no reason. nothing justifies that. Its dirty.

I believe he did that to make sure he couldn't get to the ball. Like a linemen laying on a player. Cheap yes but far from dirty. Unless he twisted his ankle, which I couldn't tell if he did that. Like both incidents, Richie did something that leaves a bad taste in your mouth but smith did two over the top reactions to both.

props to deadpulse
AlexGreen#20

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anybody else more concerned about ripping the helmet off like that than actually hitting him with the helmet.

PS. Helmets are a [inappropriate/removed] to swing. No matter how you grab it, it slips like crazy.
49ers_52

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Twizlers wrote:
ovaw8lover wrote:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-wosoGJ5azJo/UFL_DEUoVsI/AAAAAAAAANo/GAHPbucZRL8/s1600/incognito_smith.gif

Yeah, clearly he is trying to hold back Smith from the fumble. Sure Dolphins fans. Now wishing Smith had connected. Incognito deserves it since the NFL won't do anything about him.
ViolentMonk71

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

49ers_52 wrote:
Twizlers wrote:
ovaw8lover wrote:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-wosoGJ5azJo/UFL_DEUoVsI/AAAAAAAAANo/GAHPbucZRL8/s1600/incognito_smith.gif

Yeah, clearly he is trying to hold back Smith from the fumble. Sure Dolphins fans. Now wishing Smith had connected. Incognito deserves it since the NFL won't do anything about him.

I'm sorry, but I can't imagine another human being wishing harm on a football player especially the kind that a helmet on a bare head would cause...No one deserves to have their career ended in that manner.

By the way....the film was reviewed by the NFL which has multiple angles of the play and a much clearer picture then we can find on the interweb and saw no wrong with what Incognito....for a league that fines player for just about anything you would think that they would go after someone who they felt was intentionally trying to hurt another player....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 14 of 16

Jump to: