Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Colts trade RB Delone Carter to the Ravens for WR David Reed
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mancunian Raven

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coordinator0 wrote:
wackywabbit wrote:
Not a good move for Carter. He has almost no chance to make our roster with our RB depth.

Reed is probably the (slightly) better piece as he's at least a good returner when he can stay healthy, but I guess we thought he wasn't worth the meager extension we gave him. I'm guessing we save a tiny bit of cap in this trade.

After Rice and Pierce the quality of depth at RB isn't anything special. Allen, Berry, and Rainey are all perennial roster-bubble guys. I think Carter clearly has more talent than any of them. Which might not be saying a whole lot.

After Rice and Pierce, there probably won't be another RB on the 53 man roster. The team is going to keep two FBs, and will also want three TEs. Plus, they can't really afford to skimp on WRs.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mancunian Raven wrote:
coordinator0 wrote:
wackywabbit wrote:
Not a good move for Carter. He has almost no chance to make our roster with our RB depth.

Reed is probably the (slightly) better piece as he's at least a good returner when he can stay healthy, but I guess we thought he wasn't worth the meager extension we gave him. I'm guessing we save a tiny bit of cap in this trade.

After Rice and Pierce the quality of depth at RB isn't anything special. Allen, Berry, and Rainey are all perennial roster-bubble guys. I think Carter clearly has more talent than any of them. Which might not be saying a whole lot.

After Rice and Pierce, there probably won't be another RB on the 53 man roster. The team is going to keep two FBs, and will also want three TEs. Plus, they can't really afford to skimp on WRs.

There better damn well be a 3rd RB on the roster since Pierce is more than likely to be injured! I think Delone Carter will be the 3rd RB, without a doubt.

BlaqOptic wrote:
I'd say he's [Dennis Pitta] the fourth best TE in the division... Cameron > Miller > Gresham > Eiffert = Pitta
Flaccomania

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Mancunian Raven wrote:
coordinator0 wrote:
wackywabbit wrote:

There better damn well be a 3rd RB on the roster since Pierce is more than likely to be injured! I think Delone Carter will be the 3rd RB, without a doubt.

Agreed. I think we'll keep 2 FB's and 2 TEs, with Juice playing both roles as needed. I think we'll certainly keep 3 RBs on the team, with the 3rd RB playing mainly STs.

Colts fans -- did Carter play coverage unit for you all at all? I'd say Allen has the inside shot at staying on the roster due to his coverage ability, but if Carter can provide that on top of being a more solid RB option, he'll get the nod most likely.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Mancunian Raven wrote:
coordinator0 wrote:
wackywabbit wrote:

Pierce is fine. If he wasn't then they might keep a 3rd RB. But otherwise, why bother? The only thing the Ravens' 3rd choice RB did last season was block on special teams. And Jerry Rosburg and John Harbaugh are both on record as saying that Kyle Juszczyk is doing very well in that role.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mancunian Raven wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Mancunian Raven wrote:
coordinator0 wrote:
wackywabbit wrote:

Pierce is fine. If he wasn't then they might keep a 3rd RB. But otherwise, why bother? The only thing the Ravens' 3rd choice RB did last season was block on special teams. And Jerry Rosburg and John Harbaugh are both on record as saying that Kyle Juszczyk is doing very well in that role.

I think what SnA meant was that due to Pierce's style, he's likely to get banged up -- ie, he initiates contact rather than avoid it, he routinely tries to jump over people, etc. Due to that, it's a good idea to keep a 3rd RB on the roster in case he goes down.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mancunian Raven wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Mancunian Raven wrote:
coordinator0 wrote:
wackywabbit wrote:

What if Pierce goes down? In Practice or a game? Then what? We ride Ray Rice completely until he comes back? What happens if Ray Rice gets fatigued or banged up in a game? We just use Juice as our RB? No way. You keep 3 RB's no matter what.

BlaqOptic wrote:
I'd say he's [Dennis Pitta] the fourth best TE in the division... Cameron > Miller > Gresham > Eiffert = Pitta
Mancunian Raven

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flaccomania wrote:
Mancunian Raven wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Mancunian Raven wrote:
coordinator0 wrote:
wackywabbit wrote:

I think what SnA meant was that due to Pierce's style, he's likely to get banged up -- ie, he initiates contact rather than avoid it, he routinely tries to jump over people, etc. Due to that, it's a good idea to keep a 3rd RB on the roster in case he goes down.

Well that's fair enough. I'm not too keen on the idea of keeping five RB/FBs, though. Especially not if it might mean Furstenburg is cut. Because there's no way he clears waivers to be brought back on the PS. TEs appear to be at a premium this summer.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mancunian Raven wrote:
Flaccomania wrote:
Mancunian Raven wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Mancunian Raven wrote:
coordinator0 wrote:
wackywabbit wrote:

Well that's fair enough. I'm not too keen on the idea of keeping five RB/FBs, though. Especially not if it might mean Furstenburg is cut. Because there's no way he clears waivers to be brought back on the PS. TEs appear to be at a premium this summer.

That's where I think that while Juice is technically a "FB", he'll be used more in an H-back/TE role to help fill the void of Pitta. He's most certainly not just a blocking FB.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: