Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Update: Raiders naming Terrelle Pryor starting QB
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SilverNBlackFan

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Getting Matt Flynn never excited me as a raider fan. I watched every throw he made as a starter in GB, and came away uninpressed. I saw a guy with limited physical ability, putting up numbers against weak secondaries with arguably the best WR corps in the NFL. He's not a starter. He's a high end backup in this league. I'm not saying Terrelle Pryor is better than him, but given the situation the team is in, TP might as well start. We have the worst oline in the league without a doubt. This is gonna be a loooong season for us raider fans, might as well make it interesting. Run the triple option with DMC, TP and Reece! Lol
big_palooka

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been against Pryor starting, but I've softened on that.

Flynn showed yesterday he's lost any confidence he's had. Maybe it has something to do w/ taking 7 sacks on 34 pass attempts this preseason and losing your franchise LT?

He's limited w/ his arm and that becomes more evident each week.

I've been critical of Pryor, but his passing has improved. He's still got some old habits to break w/ his footwork but he's starting to get it. Velocity on the ball is night and day from a year ago. His biggest issue is decision making. He tries to make something happen every play. Leads to some WTF passes across the body or a jump pass ala last night.

For a team that is going to be horrible and is lacking talent, Pryor might be the smart start. Unconventional, but his ability to escape and move the chains with his feet are huge for this team.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pryor looks like he's been working hard this offseason cause he seems vastly improved compared to last year. He deserves his shot as the starter. Honestly rather see him start over Flynn just for entertainment's sake. Flynn is just pretty blah to watch in my opinion.
Crazyman

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kparty69 wrote:
Just another example of Packer players getting overrated..
You would know, considering you take most of our leftovers...
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crazyman wrote:
kparty69 wrote:

Most? You mean like 6 since 2005.
RandomCampBody

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raiders are going to be bad regardless so they might aswell go with pryor and see what they have. Nothing to lose really.
Tacos

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IDOG_det wrote:
Read option with Pryor and McFadden? Triple option with Marcel Reese?
I want this so much.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think this is a "re-opened" competition either. I think this is Pryor's job and its too embarrassing to admit that Flynn lost a job that wasn't even supposed to be contested.

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
1/10. Not a fan[of C.J. Mosley]. Just another future failed Alabama product.
RaisinBran

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tacos wrote:
IDOG_det wrote:
I want this so much.

Quadruple option w Ford....

(NFL)=Raiders, (MLB)=A's, (NBA)= Warriors
Nodisrespect

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaisinBran wrote:
Tacos wrote:
IDOG_det wrote:
I want this so much.

Quadruple option w Ford....
Laughing
ConVict90

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pryor reminds me of Cam a lot. I thought Pryor would have already been making a impact in the NFL but im rootin for him

TCKL-
SCK-
FF-
INT-
GaTechRavens

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
Crazyman wrote:
kparty69 wrote:

Most? You mean like 6 since 2005.

That still sounds like a lot.
msuspartans#1

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

people fell in love with Flynn in that game against the Lions where he threw for like 500 yards and 5 tds
DudeWhat??

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are idiots for handing him the job anyway. You have to earn it. Pryor is not winning this job due to his Athletic abilities...he is winning because he is the smarter Quaterback, he is winning because he is reading defense and blitz packages better, because he has better mechanics and poise in the pocket. As much as it pains some of you to admit it..he is a smarter football player from the neck up. His athletic abilities help..and if he does win this job and starts and the Oakland Raiders coaching, scouting and personel staff along with the Front Office can swallow their biased, having nothing to do with football, crow...they can tailor an offense around him and his improvement of pro style play with his athletic abilities and the raiders could cause havoc.

Truth is..no one should be surprised...this is what he did at Ohio State. Like I said before..he could have went to Michigan for Rich Rod and became a 6'5 denard robinson..nice and easy...but no..he made it hard on himself..he wanted to...he wanted the challenge....he went to Ohio State and improved as a passer every year while winning games. Infact...he is one of the best pure passer to come out of Ohio State in ages(no disrespect to Troy Smith..he also gets unfairly hated on..he should be baking up somewhere) ...and he did it with only decent weapons and no running game at all. No complaints..he won....he passed...he progressed.

That's the truth as I see it..as a football fan overall...Now..as a steeler fan..playing in the AFC along with the raiders...I say this...Stop this nonsense...give Flynn the job he was promised, cut TP, he is no more than a fading AL davis nightmare, Upgrade Tyler Wilson to back up just because and place Mcgloin on the PS and let him slip away.....please.. Cool

Location: Canada, but don't worry... i'm not one of those damn dirty french.
PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DudeWhat?? wrote:
They are idiots for handing him the job anyway. You have to earn it. Pryor is not winning this job due to his Athletic abilities...he is winning because he is the smarter Quaterback, he is winning because he is reading defense and blitz packages better, because he has better mechanics and poise in the pocket. As much as it pains some of you to admit it..he is a smarter football player from the neck up. His athletic abilities help..and if he does win this job and starts and the Oakland Raiders coaching, scouting and personel staff along with the Front Office can swallow their biased, having nothing to do with football, crow...they can tailor an offense around him and his improvement of pro style play with his athletic abilities and the raiders could cause havoc.

Truth is..no one should be surprised...this is what he did at Ohio State. Like I said before..he could have went to Michigan for Rich Rod and became a 6'5 denard robinson..nice and easy...but no..he made it hard on himself..he wanted to...he wanted the challenge....he went to Ohio State and improved as a passer every year while winning games. Infact...he is one of the best pure passer to come out of Ohio State in ages(no disrespect to Troy Smith..he also gets unfairly hated on..he should be baking up somewhere) ...and he did it with only decent weapons and no running game at all. No complaints..he won....he passed...he progressed.

That's the truth as I see it..as a football fan overall...Now..as a steeler fan..playing in the AFC along with the raiders...I say this...Stop this nonsense...give Flynn the job he was promised, cut TP, he is no more than a fading AL davis nightmare, Upgrade Tyler Wilson to back up just because and place Mcgloin on the PS and let him slip away.....please.. Cool

Impressive post. Im not going to lie, I did not follow him whatsoever throughout his HS days or his college days. I have purely relied on people here and media when regarding TP's past. I really enjoyed reading this side of the story, rather than the usual "all he is is fast, he is a horrible passer, he doesnt belong in the NFL as a QB" etc etc.

First jersey purchased: Jamarcus Russell.
Second jersey purchased: Rolando McClain.
Next purchases: Every Chiefs, Chargers and Broncos player.
JTagg7754 on the sig.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 2 of 10

Jump to: