Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Indy trades a 1st for Trent Richardson
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 42, 43, 44, 45, 46  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Supersuavesky

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sayheykid wrote:
mtdowner wrote:
We cannot blame Cleveland for taking Richardson at #3. He was an ELITE running back prospect and at the time was very much worth the pick he was taken with.

He was a highly overrated prospect and a handful of us were very outspoken about him not being worth the pick.
This.

But no. What were we talking about when we said he didn't have the burst and long speed to succeed?! Richardson would be the elite!!!

Bleedin_Green36 wrote:
Supersuavesky wrote:

Okay.

Sacramento is a finals team now folks. Laughing

yeah so? Would anyone here disagree?
mtdowner

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Supersuavesky wrote:
sayheykid wrote:
mtdowner wrote:
We cannot blame Cleveland for taking Richardson at #3. He was an ELITE running back prospect and at the time was very much worth the pick he was taken with.

He was a highly overrated prospect and a handful of us were very outspoken about him not being worth the pick.
This.

But no. What were we talking about when we said he didn't have the burst and long speed to succeed?! Richardson would be the elite!!!

He had very good burst and way more than enough long distance speed at Alabama to be successful in the NFL.
ArodFanboy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mtdowner wrote:
Supersuavesky wrote:
sayheykid wrote:
mtdowner wrote:

This.

He had very good burst and way more than enough long distance speed at Alabama to be successful in the NFL.

I'd respectfully disagree. He benefited from having a ton of time to get going behind a mammoth sized, physical offensive line. Trent is a handful to get down when he gets in the open field, but he has to get there first. He also played with many other backs that found success in that offense, so he wasn't overworked. I'm not saying he wasn't a good college RB, because he was. However the situation around him couldn't have been any better for his strengths and weaknesses.
sandwhich

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have nothing to gain from this in any way so I'll just post my thoughts and you all can tear it apart however you may.

He really didn't look bad to me. The majority of his hand-offs were delayed gives and there just wasn't much to do with it. Maybe if you're McCoy or Charles you can weasel your way out of that initially 2 guys in your face but that's just silly to expect that.

He came on late in the game with some standard running plays and consistently showed power and toughness. Picked up an early 3rd down short yard conversion just with his shear power. When he's not asked to take-off from a stopped position on those delayed runs he hits the hole hard and aggressive even if there wasn't much room against a fierce Seattle defense.

You would like to see more burst from a player with supposed elite talent. Got caught on the ankles trying to hit a hole just inside the tackle because he was just a bit too slow getting through that hole. Took a pitch on one play where the outside was just crushed and he looked lost and indecisive about what to do about it.

Still, he never goes down on first hit and his balance and power combination continue to impress me. I still think he's a very good RB prospect that just needs to find a way to kick it into the next gear (Elite? There's only like 2-3 elite players at a position if you ask me). A little more standard running plays would help his cause.

I'd also like to note he was excellent in pass protection. He made that first TY Hilton TD happen by coming across the pocket to pick up a free blitzer.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sandwhich wrote:
I have nothing to gain from this in any way so I'll just post my thoughts and you all can tear it apart however you may.

He really didn't look bad to me. The majority of his hand-offs were delayed gives and there just wasn't much to do with it. Maybe if you're McCoy or Charles you can weasel your way out of that initially 2 guys in your face but that's just silly to expect that.

He came on late in the game with some standard running plays and consistently showed power and toughness. Picked up an early 3rd down short yard conversion just with his shear power. When he's not asked to take-off from a stopped position on those delayed runs he hits the hole hard and aggressive even if there wasn't much room against a fierce Seattle defense.

You would like to see more burst from a player with supposed elite talent. Got caught on the ankles trying to hit a hole just inside the tackle because he was just a bit too slow getting through that hole. Took a pitch on one play where the outside was just crushed and he looked lost and indecisive about what to do about it.

Still, he never goes down on first hit and his balance and power combination continue to impress me. I still think he's a very good RB prospect that just needs to find a way to kick it into the next gear (Elite? There's only like 2-3 elite players at a position if you ask me). A little more standard running plays would help his cause.

I'd also like to note he was excellent in pass protection. He made that first TY Hilton TD happen by coming across the pocket to pick up a free blitzer.

Sounds like the Colts just traded a first for BenJarvus Green Ellis...

chris00cm wrote:
Lavelle Hawkins figures he's already cut, so YOLO.
sandwhich

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheVillain112 wrote:
sandwhich wrote:

I wouldn't say that. He's been disappointing so far this season but he still flashes much more ability than BJGE ever did.

I'm not going to join the argument about his value or whether or not the trade was worth it, but I think he's positively contributing to the Colts and I do believe he will contribute more as the season goes on.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sandwhich wrote:

The thing is, is it kinda isn't. When you trade a first for a player, you're kind of expecting that. You have to expect that. Maybe not top 3, like a Charles or a McCoy, but at least a top 5-8 kind of showing. Because that's what you expect/hope for when you draft a player in the first. You expect elite potential. Additionally, you say (in your next post) that he is contributing positively, but that is something very relative. Is he contributing more positively than another player they could have signed off the street or gotten for less? Is he contributing more positively than a first round pick would have next year? Those things are very relevant in expectations, and are why he is disappointing even if there are excuses and reasons and exceptions.

Adopt-a-Chief: Brandon Flowers
45 Tackles, 1 sack, 1 Interception, 32 INT yards, 5 PDs
mistakebytehlak

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

street FA willis mcgahee is giving us the same production as Trent did, and we got a 1st for him... and we've won 3 games?

call me not angry
MSURacerDT55

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sandwhich wrote:
TheVillain112 wrote:
sandwhich wrote:

I wouldn't say that. He's been disappointing so far this season but he still flashes much more ability than BJGE ever did.
I'm not going to join the argument about his value or whether or not the trade was worth it, but I think he's positively contributing to the Colts and I do believe he will contribute more as the season goes on.

Eh? Arrow Think

How is that? BGE has two 1,000 seasons, does Richardson? You are talking about POTENTIAL, potential gets coaches fired. Potential is nothing unless you fulfill it.

My take, Richardson is not even the same player he was in 'Bama....those injuries have taken a toll on his body, he has the legs of a 13 year NFL vet.

And you call 51-151(2.9ypc) 2 in three games positively contributing? You can get an UDFA off the street to do that...

PSN: bench515lbs
SpoonFed56

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alabama's OL made Richardson look way better than he really is. Same for Ingram. However Richardson is better than Ingram. Jury is still out for Lacy. Alabama players not named Julio Jones are always heavily overrated coming out of college IMO.
titansNvolsR#1

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpoonFed56 wrote:
Alabama's OL made Richardson look way better than he really is. Same for Ingram. However Richardson is better than Ingram. Jury is still out for Lacy. Alabama players not named Julio Jones are always heavily overrated coming out of college IMO.

Unless an AP talent comes out for them, I expect them to start getting an "Alabama RB" stigma.
TheVillain112

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

titansNvolsR#1 wrote:
SpoonFed56 wrote:

Unless an AP talent comes out for them, I expect them to start getting an "Alabama RB" stigma.

TJ Yeldon will break that stigma. Not an 'elite' back but a very good well rounded RB...

chris00cm wrote:
Lavelle Hawkins figures he's already cut, so YOLO.
eagles101

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MSURacerDT55 wrote:
sandwhich wrote:
TheVillain112 wrote:
sandwhich wrote:

Eh? Arrow Think

How is that? BGE has two 1,000 seasons, does Richardson? You are talking about POTENTIAL, potential gets coaches fired. Potential is nothing unless you fulfill it.

My take, Richardson is not even the same player he was in 'Bama....those injuries have taken a toll on his body, he has the legs of a 13 year NFL vet.

And you call 51-151(2.9ypc) 2 in three games positively contributing? You can get an UDFA off the street to do that...

Laughing talk about asking alot

props to deadpulse
MSURacerDT55

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MSURacerDT55 wrote:
sandwhich wrote:
TheVillain112 wrote:
sandwhich wrote:

Eh? Arrow Think

do you know at this rate, it would take him 344 carries to get 1,000 yards.... Laughing

PSN: bench515lbs
Mattwaukee

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ArodFanboy wrote:
Mattwaukee wrote:
This is not going to continue, Trent could bust one and then be on fire for the rest of the year. I really think he is one of the most talented backs in the league.

I really can't understand how anyone would have that opinion anymore. He is obviously quite strong and has the low center of gravity that made a guy like MJD so useful for so long but his vision and burst are just very mediocre and neither have improved much since he was drafted.

As for Cedric Benson, people forget how good of a prospect he actually was. His and Trent's situations are very similar. Nobody really wanted to accept that Benson wasn't very good for quite a while either.

Richardson's burst and vision was already elite when he came out

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 42, 43, 44, 45, 46  Next
Page 43 of 46

Jump to: