Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Flux' Way Too Early 2014 NFL Mock Draft
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bucstopshere

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tml_gogo wrote:
Bucs would definitely take Hundley there. I don't disagree with the pick spot at all, but we would need to take the quarterback in that situation.

Im not sure if we would. None of us do actually. After Bridgewater there is no guarentee.

I dont like that Clowney is playing timid and looks gassed this year, but I think we all know why....

If Mariota came out, that's my pick at 2

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adrenaline_Flux wrote:

wwhickok wrote:
There is absolutely no chance Pittsburgh would take a QB #3 overall.

If they're picking at #3, they'd be foolish not to take a QB. Big Ben won't be around forever.

Bens only 31, he's got at least 4-5 years left. Jake Matthews should be the pick here. We are never in position to take a prototype LT, and we do not even have a LT on the roster.

Go Noles!
Adrenaline_Flux

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KJtheWicked wrote:
Adrenaline_Flux wrote:

wwhickok wrote:
There is absolutely no chance Pittsburgh would take a QB #3 overall.

If they're picking at #3, they'd be foolish not to take a QB. Big Ben won't be around forever.

Bens only 31, he's got at least 4-5 years left. Jake Matthews should be the pick here. We are never in position to take a prototype LT, and we do not even have a LT on the roster.

I forgot that QBs are guaranteed through age 35.

Winner of Football's Future Big Brother II

Nobody cares about Big Brother III...
The LBC

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adrenaline_Flux wrote:
The LBC wrote:
I just don't see a LOT in Kouandjio - potentially very good ROT, but passing on better options who could play LOT (like Lewan - at least potentially - and Richardson) as well as edge rusher which is arguably a greater need (Mack) or a lockdown corner (Roby)... just doesn't make a lot of sense.

I'll get to other people later, but I'll get to you now cuz you're cute :3

I'm a pretty big fan of Kouandjio, but I understand the concerns. I will say this... I've been pretty disappointed with Roby so far this year.

Yeah, Roby hasn't impressed a ton this season, but Von Miller had what was considered an "off-year" his last year at A&M too and still went #2 overall - really, one good postseason game, the past seasons of good tape, and a quality combine and an off-year can be forgiven. And really CB was more a throw-in based off value. Premier edge-rusher is really what's needed most for us and while I wouldn't ball it a luxury, I believe the preference would to go the route of ceiling and elite athleticism over polish (play the guy in largely a pass-rushing only capacity behind Freeney for a year).

My concern with Kouandjio is I'm just not seeing the feet to play LOT - same concerns I had with Jonathan Martin. Very effective run-blocker, handwork and punch are solid - not great, but serviceable, but he's not light on his feet and nimble like you want/need a LOT to be to combat the speed or length (or both) of weakside pass-rushers at the pro level. And our OL Coach Joe D'Alessandris has shown a partiality for big, athletic type linemen versus straight "maulers".

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would be happy with Watkins or Lewan with the pick for the Panthers.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The browns traded a RB for a first round pick because they didn't think a running back was worth a first round pick. Therefor i think it is HIGHLY unlikely that the browns draft a RB with the pick they traded for when they traded away Trent Richardson...

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why would Pittsburgh take a QB when Ben is only 30 Confused He's not even the problem.... It would clearly be the best OT available.
Adrenaline_Flux

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

steelcurtain29 wrote:
Why would Pittsburgh take a QB when Ben is only 30 Confused He's not even the problem.... It would clearly be the best OT available.

Doesn't matter whether or not he's the problem.

He's 31, by the way. Not even factoring in how much abuse he has taken and his frequent injuries.

The Gnat

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adrenaline_Flux wrote:

The36Bus wrote:
Are we trading Big Ben? Give Steelers Jake Mathews, our line is atrocious.

Gotta think long term.

Jake Mathews is thinking long term too though, Hundley could sit for four or five years if the Steelers improve their offensive line, so maybe their focus should be on keeping traffic away from Big Ben, doesn't seem like the Steelers philosophy, but would make sense.

As for the Vikings pick, I like Marriota, I think if the Vikings draft that high, they are going to have at least a new offensive coordinator (and I'd hope whole new coaching staff), and Marcus could fit into a new scheme brought in.

Adrenaline_Flux

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Gnat wrote:
Adrenaline_Flux wrote:

The36Bus wrote:

Gotta think long term.

Jake Mathews is thinking long term too though, Hundley could sit for four or five years if the Steelers improve their offensive line, so maybe their focus should be on keeping traffic away from Big Ben, doesn't seem like the Steelers philosophy, but would make sense.

As for the Vikings pick, I like Marriota, I think if the Vikings draft that high, they are going to have at least a new offensive coordinator (and I'd hope whole new coaching staff), and Marcus could fit into a new scheme brought in.

How did letting a guy sit work out for the Packers?

If the Steelers are in position to grab a top-end QB prospect and they pass on him then they'll most likely end up regretting it because either 1) they turn it around and likely won't be in position to get another one until after Ben is gone or 2) they WILL be in position to get one again because Ben's magic is gone.

I understand a lot of it isn't Ben's fault, but there's still a lot of excuse making going on. He still isn't making plays like he used to with a bad offensive line and he still has committed 9 turnovers through 4 games. He's still 31 and his body has still taken more punishment than most QBs.

green24

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adrenaline_Flux wrote:
The Gnat wrote:
Adrenaline_Flux wrote:

The36Bus wrote:

Gotta think long term.

If the Steelers are in position to grab a top-end QB prospect and they pass on him then they'll most likely end up regretting it because either 1) they turn it around and likely won't be in position to get another one until after Ben is gone or 2) they WILL be in position to get one again because Ben's magic is gone.

I understand a lot of it isn't Ben's fault, but there's still a lot of excuse making going on. He still isn't making plays like he used to with a bad offensive line and he still has committed 9 turnovers through 4 games. He's still 31 and his body has still taken more punishment than most QBs.

Favre was 36 in 2005. Roethlisberger will be only 32 in 2014.
CanesFinsFan

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IDOG_det wrote:
I can dig it. Seantrel Henderson is a good value there, though Mike Evans and Khalil Mack are starting to show that they might be worth more. For now its a good pick.

Seantrel Henderson will not be a first rounder at most a third rounder. I'm a die hard canes fan and have seen every snap he has played. He is not a left takle but is a solid right takle but no way in hell is he a first rounder. He has all the tools ie(size, speed, feet, athleticism) to be dominate but just isn't. Don't get me wrong I like him, he has been solid for the canes but def has not lived up to the 5* number 1 OT that he was supposed to be coming out of HS. I would say at the highest he would be a late second to mid third round pick.

^ Thanks for the sig Delphi83^
Adrenaline_Flux

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
Adrenaline_Flux wrote:
The Gnat wrote:
Adrenaline_Flux wrote:

The36Bus wrote:

Gotta think long term.

Favre was 36 in 2005. Roethlisberger will be only 32 in 2014.

Favre also played until he was 41. Roethlisberger may be lucky to still be playing at 36. Perhaps Brady or Manning, or Rodgers or Brees can trek into their late 30s and early 40s like Favre... but, for the most part, he was an anomaly (in a lot of ways, but that's off-topic). It'd almost have to be a miracle for Roethlisberger to do the same with how much abuse he has taken.

Not to mention that of the seasons 2005+ Favre had more turnovers than touchdowns in 4 of 6 seasons. In the 14 seasons prior, it had only happened 3 times. Roethlisberger's magic and talent are going to go - it'd be nice for the Steelers to already have a contingency plan available.

steelcurtain29

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adrenaline_Flux wrote:
steelcurtain29 wrote:

He's 31, by the way. Not even factoring in how much abuse he has taken and his frequent injuries.

That's because the OL sucks. You're going to think getting a new QB is going to solve the current OL issue? Confused

If Pittsburgh takes a QB; I'd lose faith in the franchise. Only reason we would is if Ben came out and said he'd only be playing for another 2 years at most.
Adrenaline_Flux

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

steelcurtain29 wrote:
Adrenaline_Flux wrote:
steelcurtain29 wrote:

That's because the OL sucks. You're going to think getting a new QB is going to solve the current OL issue? Confused

If Pittsburgh takes a QB; I'd lose faith in the franchise. Only reason we would is if Ben came out and said he'd only be playing for another 2 years at most.

Incredibly short-sighted way to view the situation.

Steelers fans are in huge denial. The Steelers offensive line has been in disarray for 5-7 years, if not a little longer. The defense not being as strong as it once was doesn't help, but the fact is that Ben is getting older and he has taken a large amount of abuse throughout his career. Even if it isn't definitively this year or next year (and I don't expect it to be), his career is in its twilight. Like I said, he isn't going to come close to playing at 41 like Favre did.

If the Steelers are in position to take one of the best QB prospects in a QB-strong class and have him there for when they do believe it is definitively the time to move on from Ben, I'm not sure how they pass. A savvy front office will pull the trigger. A conservative (scared conservative at that) or arrogant one will not.

QB fear is real. Taking one now when they can and letting him sit would do wonders in transitioning the franchise forward. I don't care if it was "a different time" it worked for the Packers. If they're picking top 5 and don't select a QB there, they better at the top of the second round. Historically, you have to select a QB in the top 40 to have a heightened chance at hitting. Selecting one high and giving him time should enhance the potential for success, especially in a strong class such as this one.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: