Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Jaguars trade OT Eugene Monroe to Baltimore
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 17, 18, 19  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pugger

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanLegend wrote:
Why wouldn't the Jags want the best o-line possible when they draft whichever QB at #1 overall? I'd give Monroe the contract if I'm Jacksonville and keep Joeckel at RT.

Unless they were unhappy with Monroe's play.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jagman777 wrote:
nugpimpen wrote:
Phobixx wrote:
Monroe is really overrated on this forum he's okay nothing special.

This

It is NOT because he is now a Raven.

I never got the fascination for him, figured he was living off draft status.

Not true at all. Monroe is a top ten LT, extremely solid in all aspects. He started off his career slowly, but he's improved into a great player.

He is? There isn't much coverage of the Jags down here in southwest FL so I wasn't sure.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pugger wrote:
jagman777 wrote:
nugpimpen wrote:
Phobixx wrote:
Monroe is really overrated on this forum he's okay nothing special.

This

It is NOT because he is now a Raven.

I never got the fascination for him, figured he was living off draft status.

Not true at all. Monroe is a top ten LT, extremely solid in all aspects. He started off his career slowly, but he's improved into a great player.

He is? There isn't much coverage of the Jags down here in southwest FL so I wasn't sure.

Yes, he is. He hasn't been a world beater, but he's a very solid LT.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I Am Rodgers wrote:
green24 wrote:
sdrawkcab321 wrote:
If I were the patriots or packers id offer a 5th for mjd. And if jax were smart they'd take it considering he will be a free agent

MJD isn't better than Ridley or Vereen (when healthy) at this point. Even Blount and Bolden have played well for the Pats this year.

The Packers just had back to back 100 yard rushers in Franklin and Starks and they have Lacy. Yeah, no need for MJD here either.

Shhh! Don't tell them that! Wink We want folks to think our running game still stinks. Laughing

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BrettFavre4 wrote:
I hate how people ask the question "Why not re-sign Player X?" and completely disregard that the player has a say in the matter. It's very likely Monroe has expressed zero interest in re-signing and was going to be gone in the offseason anyway, which was pretty much ensured when they drafted Joeckel besides (I still think they should have went with Dion Jordan at the time but now not so much).

Jacksonville got what they could get and the Ravens got a really good LT. Seems like a win-win for both. I like McKinnie from his days in Minnesota but he's been far too inconsistent and his recent play and off-field troubles might be enough for the Ravens to just release him soon anyway and I don't blame them. Monroe is the better player and it'll be great if the Ravens can afford to re-sign him. He's young and worth the money. Acquiring him immediately improves their line.

If indeed Monroe was just going to walk after this season it was prudent of Jax to get something for him. I wonder why not a 3rd tho...

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pugger wrote:
BrettFavre4 wrote:
I hate how people ask the question "Why not re-sign Player X?" and completely disregard that the player has a say in the matter. It's very likely Monroe has expressed zero interest in re-signing and was going to be gone in the offseason anyway, which was pretty much ensured when they drafted Joeckel besides (I still think they should have went with Dion Jordan at the time but now not so much).

Jacksonville got what they could get and the Ravens got a really good LT. Seems like a win-win for both. I like McKinnie from his days in Minnesota but he's been far too inconsistent and his recent play and off-field troubles might be enough for the Ravens to just release him soon anyway and I don't blame them. Monroe is the better player and it'll be great if the Ravens can afford to re-sign him. He's young and worth the money. Acquiring him immediately improves their line.

If indeed Monroe was just going to walk after this season it was prudent of Jax to get something for him. I wonder why not a 3rd tho...

Honestly, I'm not too sure of why it didn't seem like they held out more to see what they could get. From what I heard, they really weren't in talks with anyone but us. Only thing I can think of is they might have been giving him an option and with his wife from just outside of Baltimore, maybe this is where Monroe preferred? And the Jags figure if the compensation is close enough, they'd do him that favor?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flaccomania wrote:
struby3 wrote:

Is Baltimore keeping their line the same, except for Monroe starting over McKinnie?

Word on the street is we're trying to move McKinnie if we can. Otherwise, yes, he'll be Monroe's backup.

If McKinnie is as dreadful as you guys said in your team forum I doubt anybody is gonna want him.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pugger wrote:
Flaccomania wrote:
struby3 wrote:

Is Baltimore keeping their line the same, except for Monroe starting over McKinnie?

Word on the street is we're trying to move McKinnie if we can. Otherwise, yes, he'll be Monroe's backup.

If McKinnie is as dreadful as you guys said in your team forum I doubt anybody is gonna want him.

He has been awful -- but for a team that's desperate, we might be able to get SOMETHING (even if it's conditional just to get his contract off our books). If not, he'll stay as a backup.

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flaccomania wrote:
Pugger wrote:
BrettFavre4 wrote:

Honestly, I'm not too sure of why it didn't seem like they held out more to see what they could get. From what I heard, they really weren't in talks with anyone but us. Only thing I can think of is they might have been giving him an option and with his wife from just outside of Baltimore, maybe this is where Monroe preferred? And the Jags figure if the compensation is close enough, they'd do him that favor?
Reports were that we talked to a lot of teams. The Browns made an offer that was lesser (wanted him at RT?) and we had contact with the Cards. Those are two specific ones I know of and there were reports that there was several teams we contacted.

- Best since day one -
It may not be easy, but we ain't riding no tire fire merry-go-round.
- Gus Bradley
Mancunian Raven

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, Monroe already looks like a good trade for the Ravens. Played well today, despite only being with the team for a week. Kept Joe's blindside clean, for the most part, and looked infinitely better than Big Mac.

A couple of communications issues that will be ironed out, and unfortunately he can't do much about the sieve that we call Gino Gradkowski.

Hope the Ravens work out an extension with him.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:
Flaccomania wrote:
Pugger wrote:
BrettFavre4 wrote:

Reports were that we talked to a lot of teams. The Browns made an offer that was lesser (wanted him at RT?) and we had contact with the Cards. Those are two specific ones I know of and there were reports that there was several teams we contacted.

An offensive line of...

LT: Thomas
LG: Greco
C: Mack
RG: Schwartz
RT: Monroe

Would have been really, really good.

Oh well.

Smack on the sig.
KhanYouDigIt

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mancunian Raven wrote:
Well, Monroe already looks like a good trade for the Ravens. Played well today, despite only being with the team for a week. Kept Joe's blindside clean, for the most part, and looked infinitely better than Big Mac.

A couple of communications issues that will be ironed out, and unfortunately he can't do much about the sieve that we call Gino Gradkowski.

Quote:
Daniel Jeremiah ‏@MoveTheSticks

Wow!! Eugene Monroe duck/whiff leads to a sack and forced fumble right before the half.

Oh.

TEDDY TEDDY TEDDY

Props to JMG on the sig
Mancunian Raven

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KhanYouDigIt wrote:
Mancunian Raven wrote:

Quote:
Daniel Jeremiah ‏@MoveTheSticks

Wow!! Eugene Monroe duck/whiff leads to a sack and forced fumble right before the half.

Oh.

That was about his only mistake in the game. Compare that to Big Mac trying to get Joe killed every week, and Monroe was like the second coming of Jonathan Ogden out there.

And I'm not going to blame Monroe for that, because it was a dumb decision to throw the ball with just those few seconds left in the half, given how inept the Ravens' offense had been for the preceding thirty minutes.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mancunian Raven wrote:
And I'm not going to blame Monroe for that, because it was a dumb decision to throw the ball with just those few seconds left in the half, given how inept the Ravens' offense had been for the preceding thirty minutes.
Bad play call and decision or not, you have to execute what's called and he didn't on that play. Can't just absolve him of it.

Kempes on the custom sig!
.Buzz

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pugger wrote:
TitanLegend wrote:
Why wouldn't the Jags want the best o-line possible when they draft whichever QB at #1 overall? I'd give Monroe the contract if I'm Jacksonville and keep Joeckel at RT.

Unless they were unhappy with Monroe's play.

He was playing solid, but he isn't a great fit for this scheme. I think that's a main reason why he is gone. Plus, he probably wanted to be paid like a top 5-8 LT when he just wasn't in this scheme. They thought Joeckel could do a better job than him at LT and they liked Pasztor (which has played very, very solid so far and is only 22 years old).

It honestly makes perfect sense. We have holes at LEO, OLB, DT, C, and at least 1 guard spot to go with RB if MJD moves on. This puts us with at least 10 picks going into the draft which is good for a rebuilding team like this.

2 mid round picks is only going to help, especially with Dave Caldwell who is known for his scouting/drafting.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 18 of 19

Jump to: