Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

1st Quarter Mock
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Madmike90

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 5:57 pm    Post subject: 1st Quarter Mock Reply with quote

So every team has now played 4 games this season…here is my first mock of the season…

Draft Order from CBSSports.com…

1. Jacksonville Jaguars…QB…Teddy Bridgewater…Louisville

Jacksonville has no option but to take the best available QB in this draft…they need a face to their franchise and someone who they feel can excel in today’s pass oriented league.

2. Tampa Bay Buccaneers…DE…Jadeveon Clowney…South Carolina

Tampa will more than likely have a new HC next year so this could be a new QB but talent wise it would be really tough to pass on Clowney…they are solid at DE but nothing in Clowney’s class.

3. Oakland Raiders…DT…Louis Nix…Notre Dame

Some will see this is a reach at #3…but when I watch Nix I see some of the qualities Vince Wilfork brings to the Pats…the stats will never jump off the page but he makes the game easier for everyone else around him…adding a dominating presence in the middle of the D will make it far easier to build around him.

4. Pittsburgh Steelers…OT…Jake Matthews…Texas A&M

The Steelers have a ton of needs but arguably there biggest one is keeping Big Ben upright…after trading for Levi Brown he could fix their RT spot but I doubt they pass up on a quality LT in Matthews.

5. New York Giants…MLB…C.J. Mosley…Alabama

I can’t remember the last time the Giants had an impact LB…Mosely pound for pound is one of the best players in this year’s draft and not only fits a major need but also the Giants preference for picking BPA.

6. Philadelphia Eagles…OLB…Anthony Barr…UCLA

The Eagles D has had to blitz a lot this season and as a result are 31st in passing yards allowed…they need an OLB who can win one on one and as much as Barr hasn’t been as impressive this year as he was last year he still have a quality skill set.

7. Minnesota Vikings…QB…Brett Hundley…UCLA

End of the road for Christian Ponder as a starter…as good as AP is he isn’t going to win much on his own…Hundley will open up the entire offence & be able to use the weapons they have added on the outside more effectively.

8. New York Jets…WR…Sammy Watkins…Clemson

With no elite OLB on the board at this point I see the Jets trying to help Geno Smith by adding a weapon on the outside…Watkins has the potential to be a real #1 threat in NY.

9. Cleveland Browns...CB…Brady Roby…Ohio State

The Browns are in a tough spot after missing out on the top QBs…I don’t see them reaching on Boyd so they continue to add to their young and improving D…Roby has a great skill set for the Browns D and would form a quality tandem with Joe Haden.

10. Arizona Cardinals…OT…Taylor Lewan…Michigan

The Cardinals have been crying out for a LT for a number of years now…Lewan provides them with just that and will form a quality left side with Jonathan Cooper when he returns from injury.

11. St. Louis Rams…OT…Cyrus Kouandjio…Alabama

I just can’t see Jeff Fisher standing for having such a poor running game going forward…Kouandjio will more than likely have the same questioned asked about his ability to play LT as DJ Fluker did but I think he has a future at LT…going to STL with Jake Long already on the team means he can start out at RT and add some toughness to that Oline

12. St. Louis Rams (via WAS)…FS…Hasean Clinton-Dix…Alabama

Back to Back Alabama players for St. Louis…Clinton-Dix is obviously going through some off field issues right now but his talent level and the Rams need for improved safety play makes this a good fit.

13. Buffalo Bills…WR…Mike Evans…Texas A&M

EJ Manuel has been better than advertised for the Bills…time to get him some talent on the outside…Evans brings a Vincent Jackson like skill set and altho only a rSO I see him declaring with Manziel also coming out.

14. Carolina Panthers…WR…Marqise Lee…USC

The Panthers have been relying on Steve Smith for many years now but he will be 35 years old next season…have to find a new #1 receiver for Newton…Lee has a great all around skill set than could remind some of Roddy White coming out of college.

15. San Diego Chargers…OT…Antonio Richardson…Tennessee

The Chargers used a 1st round pick on DJ Fluker last season but IMO he is a RT only moving forward…the Chargers need to find an upgrade at LT and Richardson would provide that immediately.

16. Tennessee Titans…CB… Jason Verrett…TCU

The Titans have a young and very underrated D and continue to add to that with Verrett…he doesn’t have prototype size but he is a a good athlete who plays with a chip on his shoulder and can take the ball away.

17. Atlanta Falcons…OLB…Kyle Van Noy…BYU

The Falcons pass rush has been pretty poor for a number of years…they have invested picks in DEs in the past few offseasons but now they attack the problem on the 2nd level…Van Noy has shown a natural ability to get to the QB and rushing from the SLB position on early downs and lining up at DE in nickel he could have an immediate impact.

18. Dallas Cowboys…DT…Anthony Johnson…LSU

With Kiffin & Marinelli in town the key position on the D is the UT spot…Johnson is a great fit for that scheme and will more than likely be more effective as a pass rusher in the pros than he was in college due to that scheme.

19. Baltimore Ravens…WR…Brandon Coleman…Rutgers

The Ravens are in need of a true #1 WR…Smith is a quality deep threat but they need someone to bring some consistency to the intermediate routes and add some size on the outside to take advantage of redzone opportunities.

20. Detroit Lions…LB… Ryan Shazier…Ohio State

The Lions will go BPA as they always do and on this occasion get a big upgrade at WLB…Shazier has outstanding speed and playmaking ability at the position and being able to run free behind their Dline is a great fit.

21. Green Bay Packers…TE… Colt Lyerla…Oregon

I can’t see the Packers having the cap space to retain Finley…so they go out in the draft and find the TE with the most similar skill set…Lyerla has the athletic ability to flex out in the same way Finley does…he is the best fit of the TEs for what the Packers do.

22. Cincinnati Bengals…DE…Trent Murphy…Stanford

The Bengals have placed a clear emphasis on the Dline over the past few years with great success…the only issue is they are about to lose Michael Johnson to free agency and will have to find a replacement to keep their D playing at a high level…Murphy is a real power player who will find playing DE in the pros better than playing OLB at Stanford.

23. Houston Texans…ILB… A.J. Johnson…Tennessee

The Texans have a quality D as it is but they could really us an upgrade next to Brian Cushing…Johnson is a great compliment to Cushing as a true downhill thumper inside.

24. Chicago Bears…DE…Khalil Mack…Buffalo

The Bears pass rush has been pretty non-existent this year and it could be Julius Peppers last season with the team…in Mack they get an undersized DE but one who has shown a natural ability to get after the QB.

25. Cleveland Browns (via IND)…QB…Tajh Boyd…Clemson

Every year a QB goes later than anyone expects…this year it’s Boyd and the Browns play a blinder in letting him fall right into their laps…Boyd will have to answer questions about system fit but he has talent and is the upgrade they need.

26. San Francisco 49ers…DE…Ra'Shede Hageman…Minnesota

WR would be the easy choice for the 9ers but getting Crabtree back next year and I think Patton can become something there means they look in another direction…a NT would be real good but no one is really worth the pick so I see them looking for a long term replacement for the 34 year old Justin Smith…Hageman has outstanding length and is a quality athlete…nice fit with Aldon Smith on that right side.

27. Miami Dolphins…OT…Cameron Erving…Florida State

Jonathan Martin has been a real let-down since arriving in in Miami…they have to find an upgrade at LT and Erving altho inexperienced has all the athletic ability to be a long term answer.

28. Kansas City Chiefs…OG…Gabe Jackson…Mississippi State

The Chiefs for as long as I can remember have excelled when having an elite running game…in Charles they have a great RB but now need to improve the Oline to get the best out of him…Jackson is a ready-made starter at LG and gives them someone to run behind in short yardage.

29. New England Patriots…TE…Eric Ebron…North Carolina

The Pats showed just how dangerous they could be while having two quality TEs…not only would Ebron let them get back to that but will also give them an insurance problem for if Gronk gets injured again.

30. New Orleans Saints…CB…Ifo Ekpre-Olomu…Oregon

Rob Ryan has always put a lot of emphasis on DBs in his scheme…the Saints could still use some help in the secondary and with no OLB really worth the pick I would expect them to go in that direction.

31. Seattle Seahawks…DE… Stephon Tuitt…Notre Dame

The Seahawks owed $7.5 million next season if he is on Seattle’s roster next year…they have better uses for that money…Tuitt fits the Elephant End position that Pete Carroll likes in his Ds.

32. Denver Broncos…CB…Louchiez Purifoy …Florida

Champ Bailey is getting old and has been banged up this season…a future starter at the CB spot makes a lot of sense for Denver without there being a quality DE available...Purifoy needs some development but has all the tools.
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good solid pick for the Titans. Verrett comes in a replaces Verner.
The LBC

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only issue I take is that the explanation you use to justify pass-rushers being taken by teams after the Chargers in the order can be more than easily made about the Chargers as well... and is actually a more pressing need currently than LOT is.

King Dunlap isn't great, he's pretty middle of the road as far as LT's go, but in Coach Joe D'Alessandris' blocking scheme he's enough for what Philip Rivers requires. Richardson's not a bad pick, but our entire defense is Swiss cheese because we can't muster edge pass-rush to save our lives and QB's have all day to find holes in our zone coverage.

Your board, I'm not going to tell you what pass-rusher should be taken before another, but the Chargers need a primary 3-4 WOLB in the worst way.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The LBC wrote:
The only issue I take is that the explanation you use to justify pass-rushers being taken by teams after the Chargers in the order can be more than easily made about the Chargers as well... and is actually a more pressing need currently than LOT is.

King Dunlap isn't great, he's pretty middle of the road as far as LT's go, but in Coach Joe D'Alessandris' blocking scheme he's enough for what Philip Rivers requires. Richardson's not a bad pick, but our entire defense is Swiss cheese because we can't muster edge pass-rush to save our lives and QB's have all day to find holes in our zone coverage.

Your board, I'm not going to tell you what pass-rusher should be taken before another, but the Chargers need a primary 3-4 WOLB in the worst way.

There is no doubt the Chargers need OLB help and I gave them major consideration there…but I really don’t think Dunlap will be able to hold up for this entire season and I really don’t think any team would want to go into the following season with him…so with that it became talent vs. talent…I think Richardson is a better player Van Noy, Murphy or Mack so that’s why I went with the pick of a LT…had a done a 2nd round there is no doubt it would have been some OLB help such as Jeremiah Attaochu or Morgan Breslin.
BeeperKing

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Solid pick, although I've almost given up on the thought of Atlanta's front office ever picking a pass rusher in the first. We've literally needed one for year, but it hasn't been a first round pick since Ditrimoff took over.

Daboyle250 on the sig

Foster a Falcon: Thomas DeCoud

FakingInjuries wrote:

Without those elite targets, [Matt Ryan] is in the same tier as Matt Cassell.
duanegarrison09

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lions will not draft a LB in the first.

Their number one need is cornerback and the second is a wide receiver.
theindianstud12

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perfect Bears pick!
BrownsDog23

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roby hasn't looked all that great this year, i think the Browns would go with Clinton dix there.
Jason_Bengal_Fl

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think there is a decent chance the Bengals draft a DE in 2014.

I think there is very little chance they do it in 1. For now, give us Ifo.
marky_b27

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice pick for the Eagles, but I'm sure we'd seriously consider Hundley if he was available.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Marky > Foles
Madmike90

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

duanegarrison09 wrote:
Lions will not draft a LB in the first.

Their number one need is cornerback and the second is a wide receiver.

I don’t think there is any way you can rule out the Lions picking any position at this point…they are a strict BPA team and for me Ryan Shazier is a better player than any of the CBs or WRs left on the board.
Madmike90

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BrownsDog23 wrote:
Roby hasn't looked all that great this year, i think the Browns would go with Clinton dix there.

Roby is off to a rough start this year but I think his skill set and measurable give him a pretty big leg up on Clinton-Dix…I also really struggle to mock a safety in the top 10…plus I think the Browns will resign TJ Ward then take some FS help later in the draft.
Madmike90

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jason_Bengal_Fl wrote:
I think there is a decent chance the Bengals draft a DE in 2014.

I think there is very little chance they do it in 1. For now, give us Ifo.

I thought CB could be a need for you guys but I didn’t think you were ready to give up on Dre Kirkpatrick yet so figured he might step into a starting role next season and that’s why I went DE.
Madmike90

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

marky_b27 wrote:
Nice pick for the Eagles, but I'm sure we'd seriously consider Hundley if he was available.

Hundley was a real consideration but right now Vick is playing so well I just saw them going after some defensive help.
marky_b27

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
marky_b27 wrote:

Hundley was a real consideration but right now Vick is playing so well I just saw them going after some defensive help.

Vick's a free agent at the end of the year and I really doubt we re-sign him given the need to get that franchise QB

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Marky > Foles

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: