Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

1st Quarter Mock
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Gnat

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That would be by far the ideal scenario for the Vikings to get Hundley without moving up.

Myth

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

duanegarrison09 wrote:
Lions will not draft a LB in the first.

Their number one need is cornerback and the second is a wide receiver.

I disagree. Their top need is an outside (non slot) WR, TE (Pettigrew and Schefler are both ufa - Fauria has been a nice surprise but he still has some limitations in speed and blocking...and Michael Williams, currently on IR, looks more like an olineman than a pass catcher), or OLB. If one of the 3 best WRs were available I think that would be the preference...but as this draft scenario plays out it would be b/w TE and OLB...and I could live with Ryan Shazier if that is who they have higher on their board.

Mayhew is moving away from a strictly bpa approach, but I wouldn't put it past him to go bpa at a position like CB, DE, S, RB, C, or KR at any point in the draft if the value presents itself at their pick.

The CBs, in whom they just invested, are young and need refining, but getting more youngsters in there probably isn't going to fix the situation unless you have a Patrick Peterson-esque type CB sitting there...and that isn't likely if they are drafting out of the top 10...plus I don't see one in this draft. Nonethesless if that is who is BPA Mayhew wouldn't pass on him...but I don't think he would pass over another position of greater need to take a CB.
Madmike90

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

marky_b27 wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
marky_b27 wrote:
Nice pick for the Eagles, but I'm sure we'd seriously consider Hundley if he was available.

Hundley was a real consideration but right now Vick is playing so well I just saw them going after some defensive help.

Vick's a free agent at the end of the year and I really doubt we re-sign him given the need to get that franchise QB

I thought there was no doubt they would resign…averaging 9.2 YPA & 8.8 YPC is outstanding…I just figured the fit he is for this scheme would get him another year or two.
Jason_Bengal_Fl

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
Jason_Bengal_Fl wrote:
I think there is a decent chance the Bengals draft a DE in 2014.

I think there is very little chance they do it in 1. For now, give us Ifo.

I thought CB could be a need for you guys but I didn’t think you were ready to give up on Dre Kirkpatrick yet so figured he might step into a starting role next season and that’s why I went DE.

Our top 3 CBs are all pushing, or over 30. None of our young CBs have shown any ability to stay on the field. Even if Dre plays well, we need to start grooming another.
dsorc

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 2:09 pm    Post subject: Re: 1st Quarter Mock Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:

23. Houston Texans…ILB… A.J. Johnson…Tennessee

The Texans have a quality D as it is but they could really us an upgrade next to Brian Cushing…Johnson is a great compliment to Cushing as a true downhill thumper inside.

While plausible, the explanation makes no sense. Why would Houston, who does fairly well against the run, grab a 2-down ILB in the first round? If we grab an ILB, he better be able to cover TEs allowing us to not be forced to go straight to dime in our sub-packages.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jason_Bengal_Fl wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
Jason_Bengal_Fl wrote:
I think there is a decent chance the Bengals draft a DE in 2014.

I think there is very little chance they do it in 1. For now, give us Ifo.

I thought CB could be a need for you guys but I didn’t think you were ready to give up on Dre Kirkpatrick yet so figured he might step into a starting role next season and that’s why I went DE.

Our top 3 CBs are all pushing, or over 30. None of our young CBs have shown any ability to stay on the field. Even if Dre plays well, we need to start grooming another.

I can see developing a guy being a need…I just looked at the roster and didn’t think you had anyone on it too replace Johnson then it became talent vs. talent and I rate Murphy higher than Ifo…but I will keep you thoughts in mind.
Madmike90

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 6:20 pm    Post subject: Re: 1st Quarter Mock Reply with quote

dsorc wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:

23. Houston Texans…ILB… A.J. Johnson…Tennessee

The Texans have a quality D as it is but they could really us an upgrade next to Brian Cushing…Johnson is a great compliment to Cushing as a true downhill thumper inside.

While plausible, the explanation makes no sense. Why would Houston, who does fairly well against the run, grab a 2-down ILB in the first round? If we grab an ILB, he better be able to cover TEs allowing us to not be forced to go straight to dime in our sub-packages.

That for me that is what Cushing does best...allow him to cover TEs from the base formation and have Johnson playing closer to the LOS…I also think against the run if you have a LB like Johnson who is going to attack the LOS is going to allow Cushing to scrape over the top and run free much like Derrick Johnson does in KC with their 3-4.
BillsGuy82

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not seeing how Evans goes over Marqise Lee. I'd be disappointed with this pick
Madmike90

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BillsGuy82 wrote:
I'm not seeing how Evans goes over Marqise Lee. I'd be disappointed with this pick

This one came down to physical skill set…I was a big fan of Robert Woods last year and expect him to do big things in Buffalo but I think him and Lee and pretty similar in terms of skill set…Evans would give you guys something on the outside that you don’t have and give Manuel more room for error because of his massive frame.
ninjapirate

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
marky_b27 wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
marky_b27 wrote:
Nice pick for the Eagles, but I'm sure we'd seriously consider Hundley if he was available.

Hundley was a real consideration but right now Vick is playing so well I just saw them going after some defensive help.

Vick's a free agent at the end of the year and I really doubt we re-sign him given the need to get that franchise QB

I thought there was no doubt they would resign…averaging 9.2 YPA & 8.8 YPC is outstanding…I just figured the fit he is for this scheme would get him another year or two.

He is worthless to the franchise why bring him back? Old qb on a rebuilding team?
Madmike90

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ninjapirate wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
marky_b27 wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
marky_b27 wrote:

He is worthless to the franchise why bring him back? Old qb on a rebuilding team?

He doesn’t look particularly old out there when he is gashing defences lol…I get why you guys would want to draft a QB but I think it’s going to take a QB with a special skill set to be a true fit for that offence…if I thought that Marcus Mariota was going to declare he would be the ideal fit of course but I think as much as Hundley is athletic he isn’t athletic enough to run the scheme the well Kelly wants it to be ran or the way Vicki is currently running it.
BillsGuy82

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
BillsGuy82 wrote:

This one came down to physical skill set…I was a big fan of Robert Woods last year and expect him to do big things in Buffalo but I think him and Lee and pretty similar in terms of skill set…Evans would give you guys something on the outside that you don’t have and give Manuel more room for error because of his massive frame.

OK that works than, not much else on the board at that point
1BackInBlackFan

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure how the addition of Levi Brown might affect the Steelers in their draft strategy but Matthews is a real good pick.

Many thanks to UniversalAuthor for Big Ben's sig
Danish49ers

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 10:10 am    Post subject: Re: 1st Quarter Mock Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:

26. San Francisco 49ers…DE…Ra'Shede Hageman…Minnesota

WR would be the easy choice for the 9ers but getting Crabtree back next year and I think Patton can become something there means they look in another direction…a NT would be real good but no one is really worth the pick so I see them looking for a long term replacement for the 34 year old Justin Smith…Hageman has outstanding length and is a quality athlete…nice fit with Aldon Smith on that right side.
I would imagine that Tank Carradine is envisioned to be that guy... if the 9ers were to choose another DE, then I would prefer Tuitt over Hageman.

Purifoy would be strongly considered!
Madmike90

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 10:15 am    Post subject: Re: 1st Quarter Mock Reply with quote

Danish49ers wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:

26. San Francisco 49ers…DE…Ra'Shede Hageman…Minnesota

WR would be the easy choice for the 9ers but getting Crabtree back next year and I think Patton can become something there means they look in another direction…a NT would be real good but no one is really worth the pick so I see them looking for a long term replacement for the 34 year old Justin Smith…Hageman has outstanding length and is a quality athlete…nice fit with Aldon Smith on that right side.
I would imagine that Tank Carradine is envisioned to be that guy... if the 9ers were to choose another DE, then I would prefer Tuitt over Hageman.

Purifoy would be strongly considered!

I thought Carradine was more of an OLB considering he is only 273lbs...figured he was the long term replacement for Ahmad Brooks given he is making some serious money which will soon have to be diverted elsewhere.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: