Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Jimmy Garoppolo, QB, Eastern Illinois University
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Harper41

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reality_Check wrote:
jshowers wrote:
Reality_Check wrote:
jshowers wrote:
Right. Garappolo just figured out how to stretch his hand out wider. Please.

Youre saying you never get better at something with practice? Awesome.

Also, since you're intent on keeping up the silly charade that you know more than me on this, there are techniques involved to help maximize the measurement via angle.

But since I was there and you weren't, let's just take your word for it over mine.

Eyeroll

Used to respect a lot of your posts R_C.

Now just seems like you use this board as a place to spout off your opinion as fact and act like a blowhard.

It's an internet forum so everyone does some of that, but just because scouting is your "job" and you have NFL connections doesn't really give you the right to act like you're above the rest of this forum. It's arrogant.

Take a look at your responses to the facts that I posted, and then tell me again with a straight face that I'm out of line.

You came at me and implied I was at best making something up.

If you think I wasn't going to come back after you for essentially calling me a liar, it'd be the second thing in this thread you're not dealing in reality on.

Personal trainer/Kinesiology major here. Physically impossible to "stretch" your hands and make them bigger. You can't stretch bone. Your fingers are bone and tendon. Theirs no way Jimmy could get any noticeable increase in hand size from "stretching" them.

RTR
#Keepitonehunna
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Thought someone broke into my house.
Jumped out of bed (left my brother)
sayheykid

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harper41 wrote:
Reality_Check wrote:
jshowers wrote:
Reality_Check wrote:
jshowers wrote:

Also, since you're intent on keeping up the silly charade that you know more than me on this, there are techniques involved to help maximize the measurement via angle.

But since I was there and you weren't, let's just take your word for it over mine.

Eyeroll

Now just seems like you use this board as a place to spout off your opinion as fact and act like a blowhard.

It's an internet forum so everyone does some of that, but just because scouting is your "job" and you have NFL connections doesn't really give you the right to act like you're above the rest of this forum. It's arrogant.

Take a look at your responses to the facts that I posted, and then tell me again with a straight face that I'm out of line.

If you think I wasn't going to come back after you for essentially calling me a liar, it'd be the second thing in this thread you're not dealing in reality on.

Personal trainer/Kinesiology major here. Physically impossible to "stretch" your hands and make them bigger. You can't stretch bone. Your fingers are bone and tendon. Theirs no way Jimmy could get any noticeable increase in hand size from "stretching" them.

You can increase a thumb to pinky measurement a decent amount depending on how you stretch your fingers/how flexible your hand is. It has nothing to do with stretching bone.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sayheykid wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
Reality_Check wrote:
jshowers wrote:
Reality_Check wrote:
jshowers wrote:

Eyeroll

You can increase a thumb to pinky measurement a decent amount depending on how you stretch your fingers/how flexible your hand is. It has nothing to do with stretching bone.

It would take months of certain techniques to do that. Its not something Jimmy could do in a few weeks.

RTR
#Keepitonehunna
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Thought someone broke into my house.
Jumped out of bed (left my brother)
jshowers

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Adam Schefter revealed the news on twitter earlier today: "Former Colts GM Bill Polian just said on ESPN's NFL Insiders that he projects Eastern Illinois QB Jimmy Garoppolo to be a first-round pick.
candyman93

Location: The Man, The Myth, The Legend El Ramster on the sig
PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jshowers wrote:
Quote:
Adam Schefter revealed the news on twitter earlier today: "Former Colts GM Bill Polian just said on ESPN's NFL Insiders that he projects Eastern Illinois QB Jimmy Garoppolo to be a first-round pick.

Pick 26

sdrawkcab321 wrote:
It'll be a cold day in hell when I read a thread title.
freakygeniuskid

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

candyman93 wrote:
jshowers wrote:
Quote:

Pick 26

A bunch of Farmer's quotes about what he looks for in a QB (quick release, makes fast decisions, accurate, not necessarily a top 5 pick) have made me think it's a strong possibility.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

freakygeniuskid wrote:
candyman93 wrote:
jshowers wrote:
Quote:

Pick 26

A bunch of Farmer's quotes about what he looks for in a QB (quick release, makes fast decisions, accurate, not necessarily a top 5 pick) have made me think it's a strong possibility.

I don't know if Haslam wants to play the late first QB game again.
candyman93

Location: The Man, The Myth, The Legend El Ramster on the sig
PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rich7sena wrote:
freakygeniuskid wrote:
candyman93 wrote:
jshowers wrote:
Quote:

Pick 26

I don't know if Haslam wants to play the late first QB game again.

He wasn't the owner when we drafted Weeden.

sdrawkcab321 wrote:
It'll be a cold day in hell when I read a thread title.
Reality_Check

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A. It isn't impossible to stretch your hand wider by altering the angle, and it doesn't take months. Garoppolo did it, by his own admission to me.

Really getting tired of having that particular conversation.

Bill Polian alled Landry Jones a first rounder last year, so if you like his QB takes more power to you.

Thinking about hanging it up here at FF. I post here as a courtesy, and am just tired of the doubt. I spend more time trying to convince people of things that are true, than is worth it.
jshowers

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reality_Check wrote:
A. It isn't impossible to stretch your hand wider by altering the angle, and it doesn't take months. Garoppolo did it, by his own admission to me.

Bill Polian alled Landry Jones a first rounder last year, so if you like his QB takes more power to you.

Thinking about hanging it up here at FF. I post here as a courtesy, and am just tired of the doubt. I spend more time trying to convince people of things that are true, than is worth it.

Ha, as a courtesy. Nice.

Adios.
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reality_Check wrote:

LOL @ this.

"As a courtesy". Deflate that ego, homie. Getting a little hard to breathe on the internet.

PM sig requests.
buno67

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

candyman93 wrote:
jshowers wrote:
Quote:

Pick 26

trade down a little bit, get Michael Evans and Draft Jimmy Garo with #26. I could actually live with that

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm actually surprised so many of you don't understand what R_C means when he says he learned to stretch his hand to increase his measurement. He's not saying he literally stretched his hand and it became longer.. He's saying he learned (a better way of saying it would be "he realized he needs ") to increase the angle from the pinky to thumb, which obviously would increase his measurement.

John Frusciante FTW
Red Hot Chili Peppers FTW
Reality_Check

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Braylon4MVP wrote:
I'm actually surprised so many of you don't understand what R_C means when he says he learned to stretch his hand to increase his measurement. He's not saying he literally stretched his hand and it became longer.. He's saying he learned (a better way of saying it would be "he realized he needs ") to increase the angle from the pinky to thumb, which obviously would increase his measurement.

Don't bother. Those that don't want to hear, won't.

Appreciate you attempting to clarify for them though.
jrry32

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reality_Check wrote:

But isn't the key here that his hand is still that big, regardless?

For example, if a guy runs a 4.50 40 before speed training and then with speed training, runs a 4.40 40...yes, he trained to run that faster 40 but it was still his speed that did it.

Know what I mean?

But would he do it in a Sharknado?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 14 of 18

Jump to: