Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Vikings sign Josh Freeman
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look at who is in charge in Tampa, that is why the roster is not playing up to its talent level. You can have the most talented roster in the league but if your head coach is a liability what good is that roster?

Frazier is a good fit for Freeman and he has an equally talented roster with coaches who are generally stable and flexible with its players
deuces22wild

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

moss_is_1 wrote:
ArodFanboy wrote:
vikes22 wrote:
ArodFanboy wrote:
I really don't think Minnesota has the type of talent that Tampa had for Freeman at all. Joseph Nicks and Penn are all very, very good lineman. Vincent Jackson and Mike Williams are both #1's in this league, Doug Martin is a beast and their defense has an excellent secondary with some nice pieces in the front 7 that promise success for years once they get a competent coach. Freeman's failures were definitely partly Schiano's fault, but there isn't any denying he had a great situation there personnel wise.
Laughing

Laugh all you'd like, I'm sure a decent portion of the people posting in this thread and just reading it would agree with me. Tampa is a good, complete team on paper. It's not like I said you're worse then the Jags.
mike williams is no way a #1 in the nfl.

"No way"... how so?

Mike was our number one his rookie season. A season where he was just shy of 1,000 yards and put up 11 touchdowns.

There are probably 5-7 teams that one could argue where he would be the top guy day one.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought about Minnesota immediately once I heard Freeman was being shopped/ultimately released. Minnesota is trying to improve their team today and Freeman might give them that. In terms of the draft, you can't really look that far into the future but I hope Freeman will sate their appetite for a legitimate QB with his inconsistent play. Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

.flash wrote:
terms of the draft, you can't really look that far into the future

Agreed, why let what happens in April affect a roster decision in October. It absolutely makes no sense to me and I dont understand the sentiment that this will impact the draft for the Vikings.

The only way this move impacts the Vikings draft plans is if Freeman has a great year with the Vikes. In that case, MN can look towards improving the defense. If Freeman sucks in 2014, they can draft a QB in 2015. If Freeman sucks in 2013, they can draft a QB in 2014.

Nevertheless, I dont expect MN to keep Freeman, Ponder and Cassel next year, at least one will be leaving MN, maybe two. So MN will need to draft a QB, regardless.
Eric dunn

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually think Freeman is going to play well enough to get resigned and come in next year as the starter. With maybe a project QB drafted come May.

But MIN needs defense in the 1st round next year. If Freeman can be a middle of the pack QB, i think we can compete. But the defense is what will ultimately hold us back. MLB, NT, CB and S(across from Smith) are all huge concerns.

#TEDDYTHEVIKING
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
green24

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

moss_is_1 wrote:
ArodFanboy wrote:
vikes22 wrote:
ArodFanboy wrote:
I really don't think Minnesota has the type of talent that Tampa had for Freeman at all. Joseph Nicks and Penn are all very, very good lineman. Vincent Jackson and Mike Williams are both #1's in this league, Doug Martin is a beast and their defense has an excellent secondary with some nice pieces in the front 7 that promise success for years once they get a competent coach. Freeman's failures were definitely partly Schiano's fault, but there isn't any denying he had a great situation there personnel wise.
Laughing

Laugh all you'd like, I'm sure a decent portion of the people posting in this thread and just reading it would agree with me. Tampa is a good, complete team on paper. It's not like I said you're worse then the Jags.
mike williams is no way a #1 in the nfl.

He's better as a high end #2, but I'm sure he could do a decent job as a #1. He has come a couple yards short of having two 1,000 yard seasons in his first three years in the NFL.
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jackson and Jennings are basically a wash.

Williams is better than Simpson but Simpson is having a career year.

Rudolph is better than the bucs Te.

Wright and Patterson are better three and four receivers than what Tampa has.

The bucs oline edges out the vikes oline, just barely.

The difference between Peterson and Martin is extraordinary.
ArodFanboy

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
Jackson and Jennings are basically a wash.

Williams is better than Simpson but Simpson is having a career year.

Rudolph is better than the bucs Te.

Wright and Patterson are better three and four receivers than what Tampa has.

The bucs oline edges out the vikes oline, just barely.

The difference between Peterson and Martin is extraordinary.

And then you have Revis, Goldson, Lavonte David, Mark Barron, Adrian Clayborn and Gerald McCoy on defense. All relatively young pieces that have shown massive potential, or already met this potential. Harrison Smith is a good player, Chris Cook can play, but neither are close to the level Revis or Goldson are on right now. Xavier Rhodes and Shariff Floyd can be very good but they're still question marks at this point. Jared Allen is still a great player, but he's old enough that it hardly matters since you'll need his replacement soon enough. Greenway has regressed significantly and Dez Bishop is a shell of his former self.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was only commenting on what mn has on offense in regards to supporting cast.

No mention of Robison and Griffen. Those two are studs and Kevin Williams and Erin Henderson are both playing well this year.
Vikefan79

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
I was only commenting on what mn has on offense in regards to supporting cast.

No mention of Robison and Griffen. Those two are studs and Kevin Williams and Erin Henderson are both playing well this year.

Clayborn hasn't done much in the league. Griffen has done more in a situational role not sure why he was left off. Harrison Smith is better than Barron. Greenway regressing significantly is laughable.
canucks9314

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who's starting for the Vikes this week?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

canucks9314 wrote:

Ponder if healthy.

Cassel will start if Ponder is still hurt.

Freeman will likely be inactive.
Uncle Buck

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
canucks9314 wrote:

Ponder if healthy.

I think there is about a 99% chance that Cassel will start. VR, don't you think that Frazier is just saying that Ponder is still the starter because he wants to make it harder for Carolina to game plan for our offense, and also in hopes of trying to increase any possible trade value Ponder may have?

My guess is that Ponder will be gone by Halloween - Thanksgiving at the latest. It just doesn't make any sense to have three experienced quarterbacks on the roster. That's my thinking anyway.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uncle Buck wrote:
vikingsrule wrote:
canucks9314 wrote:

Ponder if healthy.

I think there is about a 99% chance that Cassel will start. VR, don't you think that Frazier is just saying that Ponder is still the starter because he wants to make it harder for Carolina to game plan for our offense, and also in hopes of trying to increase any possible trade value Ponder may have?

My guess is that Ponder will be gone by Halloween - Thanksgiving at the latest. It just doesn't make any sense to have three experienced quarterbacks on the roster. That's my thinking anyway.

Cassel has been getting the most first team reps this week I believe. So he is probably the favorite to start.

Where is Ponder going to go? I doubt anyone trades for him, especially if he isnt healthy. I doubt MN releases Ponder during the year, they really dont have a reason too since he doesnt cost much.
ArodFanboy

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both Griffen and Robison are good passrushers, but I'd hardly call them studs. Not the most consistent players but you can certainly do alot worse then them. Greenway just isn't very useful in coverage anymore, which decreases his value significantly to me. As for the Bucs, their defense still hasn't allowed a rushing touchdown this year. Adrian Clayborn got off to a slow start early in his career, but has gotten better and is enjoying a nice start to this year.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 11 of 13

Jump to: