Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Vikings sign Josh Freeman
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JammerHammer21

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
Jackson and Jennings are basically a wash.

Williams is better than Simpson but Simpson is having a career year.

Rudolph is better than the bucs Te.

Wright and Patterson are better three and four receivers than what Tampa has.

The bucs oline edges out the vikes oline, just barely.

The difference between Peterson and Martin is extraordinary.

Jackson and Jennings are not at all a wash. Jackson is definitely the better receiver.

And the Bucs defense talent is stellar as well. The Vikings have some good pieces, but the Bucs are loaded.

Bohlmann20 (On The 95 Cleveland Browns Staff) wrote:
Lombardi - Isn't that the guy the trophy is named after? If so, top 3 coach of all time.

#JDI
Vikefan79

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ArodFanboy wrote:
Both Griffen and Robison are good passrushers, but I'd hardly call them studs. Not the most consistent players but you can certainly do alot worse then them. Greenway just isn't very useful in coverage anymore, which decreases his value significantly to me. As for the Bucs, their defense still hasn't allowed a rushing touchdown this year. Adrian Clayborn got off to a slow start early in his career, but has gotten better and is enjoying a nice start to this year.

I don't think anyone called Griffen and Robison studs. Greenway has never been all that useful in coverage but he already has 2 ints this season. To say he's significantly declined after coming off an All Pro season tells me you're making this up as you go along.
wwhickok

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty good decision here, this time next year Ponder will be bagging groceries at a Walmart nearest you..

Sig courtesy of IDOG
SteelKing728

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wwhickok wrote:
Pretty good decision here, this time next year Ponder will be bagging groceries at a Walmart nearest you..

or a backup QB somewhere else.

I find that more likely. Wink

Bright and Happy days are coming to the Minnesota Vikings very soon.
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Per a source with knowledge of the official deal, is that Freeman will receive $2,000,001 over the rest of the season. There are no other incentives or bonuses in the NFLPA’s official summary of the deal. It works out to $166,666.75 per week. For a full year, that’s $2,833,334.

Freeman also will be eligible to receive after the season the balance of his unpaid salary from the Buccaneers. He’s still due to make $5.95 million.

For the full year, Freeman will make $10.43 million.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/10/09/freemans-official-salary-2000001/

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
ArodFanboy

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
No mention of Robison and Griffen. Those two are studs

..The post I was responding to that called those two studs. Also, Greenway isn't the same player he used to be. It's really not that hard to tell. He used to be one of the best 4-3 OLB's in the league and now he's simply a competent player. I've seen enough of him to form my own opinion of him.

^Kempes on the sig
Duff Man

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ArodFanboy wrote:
vikingsrule wrote:
No mention of Robison and Griffen. Those two are studs

..The post I was responding to that called those two studs. Also, Greenway isn't the same player he used to be. It's really not that hard to tell. He used to be one of the best 4-3 OLB's in the league and now he's simply a competent player. I've seen enough of him to form my own opinion of him.

Why do you comment on Vikings players when you know absolutely nothing about them? Greenway is coming off of 2 straight pro bowls, and already has 2 picks in 4 games.

I know you're a Packer fan and obviously think that you know everything about everybody, but your opinion of Greenway is absolutely laughable.

PS Clay Matthews is "simply a competent player" because "I've watched enough of him to form my own opinion".
ArodFanboy

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gosh, some of you Viking fans are so sensitive. Laughing It's okay, Not everyone is going to love the talent your team has as much as you seem too. Way to generalize an entire fanbase though, not all Packer fans are high and mighty. Such a pathetic thing to say.

^Kempes on the sig
Duff Man

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ArodFanboy wrote:
Gosh, some of you Viking fans are so sensitive. Laughing It's okay, Not everyone is going to love the talent your team has as much as you seem too. Way to generalize an entire fanbase though, not all Packer fans are high and mighty. Such a pathetic thing to say.

No, what's pathetic is your attempt to degrade Chad Greenway, when you obviously haven't been watching his play this year. What do you expect when you call another teams' top defensive player "simply competent".

Your posts hold as much worth as the deuce I just pumped out.
rpmwr19

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greenway hasn't played well this year, at all. He's been among the biggest defensive liabilities on the team.
ArodFanboy

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpmwr19 wrote:
Greenway hasn't played well this year, at all. He's been among the biggest defensive liabilities on the team.

Thank you. I'm not just trying to be an irrational hater here. I know it's common from division rivals, but I don't think what I'm saying is that out there.

^Kempes on the sig
Ketchup

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpmwr19 wrote:
Duff Man says you're just a Packers homer. Oh wait...

Duff Man wrote:
I know you're a Packer fan and obviously think that you know everything about everybody, but your opinion of Greenway is absolutely laughable
I mean honestly, is that not trolling? Why do some posters constantly get away with this garbage. Because he doesn't agree with someones opinion, he attacks the guy for being a Packer fan and jumps to calling him a homer, or strongly insinuating it.

And then this...
Duff Man wrote:

Adding absolutely nothing of substance.

Kempes on the custom sig!
dkebones

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
Per a source with knowledge of the official deal, is that Freeman will receive $2,000,001 over the rest of the season. There are no other incentives or bonuses in the NFLPA’s official summary of the deal. It works out to $166,666.75 per week. For a full year, that’s $2,833,334.

Freeman also will be eligible to receive after the season the balance of his unpaid salary from the Buccaneers. He’s still due to make $5.95 million.

For the full year, Freeman will make $10.43 million.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/10/09/freemans-official-salary-2000001/

on par to be as maddening as basketball contracts...
Duff Man

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpmwr19 wrote:

What games have you been watching? The only game I really saw Chad struggle was the season opener, but besides that he has been one of the few bright spots on our troubling defense. Look at last game, TEN tackles and a pic. Now I'm not much of a stat-hugger, but the dude is on pace to have 140 tackles and 8 picks .... Sounds like "simply competent" to me. I mean, there's plenty of 4-3 OLB's that put up those kind of numbers, right?

Ketchup wrote:
rpmwr19 wrote:
Duff Man says you're just a Packers homer. Oh wait...

Duff Man wrote:
I know you're a Packer fan and obviously think that you know everything about everybody, but your opinion of Greenway is absolutely laughable
I mean honestly, is that not trolling? Why do some posters constantly get away with this garbage. Because he doesn't agree with someones opinion, he attacks the guy for being a Packer fan and jumps to calling him a homer, or strongly insinuating it.

And then this...
Duff Man wrote:

Adding absolutely nothing of substance.

I'm not ATTACKING ANYBODY man. I AM ATTACKING HIS OPINION THAT GREENWAY IS "SIMPLY COMPETENT". To further back my opinion, I made the (plausible) claim that a lot of Packer fans will make completely uninformed, biased posts about division rivals. This literally happens all the time. Did I even say the word, "homer" once?

And do you even see Vikings fans making these kinds of claims about packers players? ---> exactly my point.
Rich7sena

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelKing728 wrote:
wwhickok wrote:

or a backup QB somewhere else.

I find that more likely. Wink

Even if he is't in the NFL anymore, he's one of the smartest and most intelligent players in the league. He got his bachelor's in finance in 2 and 1/2 years and was on to his second masters by the time he graduated.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 12 of 13

Jump to: